Where is the Ark of the Covenant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Divos, your post only tells me where Moses got the idea to build an ark with the purpose to lodge the tables of the Sinaitic Covenant. But the ark had not been stolen from Egypt because it was made in the desert, and of pure gold, according to Exodus 25. The coincidences regarding the etimology of names is only natural as they had lived for 430 years in Egypt, and every one was Egyptian, including Moses.
Ben

Be careful, Ben Masada (good handle!), this character will throw irrelevant pictures and made up stories and unreponsive words at you like they were the Divine's own personal lessons. Look at every point, every word, and be skeptical and demand proof, not opinion when he or she states something as "fact". Kinda like Arafat discussing the Western Wall (like denying Jews ever lived in Jerusalem before 1948 enough times would erase history). That's my opinion.

Pax et amore vincunt omnia!

Although I am aware of the political works of the Left, I thank you anyways for the warning.
Ben

It not Irrelevant, it shows PROOF that ARKS are REAL, therefor giving the Moses account more Legitimacy, i believe that Bible Stories to be true, but the poetic way it was written, distorts it,thus it needs to be deconstructed, and Only reading the Torah wont get you anywhere, unless you take in, everything else.

I have read, that Dionysus (which means "GOD OF NYSUS"), and that he was sometimes housed in a Boat, possible that "Manesseh" (Ma-Nysus) is a Moses. N interchanged with M ?

The Story of Noah, parallels itself with that of Moses, Noah Builds an ARK, and lands upon a Mountain Ararat(Ur-Ra), Moses was placed in an ARK upon Birth, whom traveled down the Nile, he retrieved the instruction to Build an Ark upon Mount Sinai, same, but reversed.

Back to Dionysus, He is God of Wine, the Founder of Wine according to Greek Myth is "Deucalion". whom built an ARK, and that Dionysus his is reincarnation, Then in the Bible, NOAH planted the First Vineyards, The Story of Noah/Deucalion looks to me, they refer to Ra's Solar Barque, bare in Mind, according to Greek Legends(alike Hebrew), the Greeks are descended from Egyptians, whom traveled to Greece, and established 12 Tribes.

Noah-Moses-Dionysus-Manesseh

Not that I don't appreciate your resources. I do. But the etimological coincidences is only natural, due to the fact that the generation of the Exodus was made out of Israelites born in Egypt.
Ben

Not that I don't appreciate your resources. I do. But the etimological coincidences is only natural, due to the fact that the generation of the Exodus was made out of Israelites born in Egypt.
Ben

Questions that Jews Ignore

Why would the Israelite's carry an Egyptian-like artifact to Canaan
When was the Exodus
Why does the Author of Exodus and Genesis FAIL to name any Pharaohs
Who smelted the Gold, used to build the Ark

due to the fact that the generation of the Exodus

WHY is it a Fact

Questions that Jews Ignore

Why would the Israelite's carry an Egyptian-like artifact to Canaan
When was the Exodus
Why does the Author of Exodus and Genesis FAIL to name any Pharaohs
Who smelted the Gold, used to build the Ark

WHY is it a Fact

The Israelites did not carry an Egyptian-like artifact to Cannan, if the Ark of the Covenant is what you have in mind. It was built in the desert in order to lodge the tables of the Law.

The year for the Exodus was 1446 BCE.

With regards to the lack of a Pharaoh's name in Genesis and Exodus it is perhaps either due to the fact that the books are about Israel or that the author found it irrelevant to mention which pharaoh was at the time. But we do have the identification of the city of Goshen given to the Israelites, as the district of Rameses, a reference to the famous Rameses II in whose name the district was built after. (Gen. 47:11)

And for the gold used to build the Ark, it was smelted by Bezalel, an Israelite from the Tribe of Judah. (Exo. 37:1)

Why is it a fact!!! Now, you are talking like an atheist. I meant a Biblical fact, which I believe on the basis of probability, as opposite to believe by faith or by factual knowledge. That's all.
Ben

The Exodus being in 1446BC is a Contradiction, because Moses is Davids, Great-Great-Great-Great Uncle in Law, whom lived around 1000BC.

In Same Sense William IV Great-Great-Great-Great Father of Queen Elizabeth II, that is only about a 120 Year Difference, thus placing Moses around 1200-1100BC.

The Israelites did not carry an Egyptian-like artifact to Cannan,

Ancient Egypt at the time, is the only Culture that builds those Arks, of which they Place Gods/Agreements/Ect Within them, and the Laws are Pure Egyptian from Book of Dead

With regards to the lack of a Pharaoh's name in Genesis and Exodus it is perhaps either due to the fact that the books are about Israel or that the author found it irrelevant to mention which pharaoh was at the time.

LORD GOD - Pharaoh- Historically, it is THEY who Founded and Conquered Canaan

I found here what you want . The Egyptian barque ,with stunnig similarites in religious practise . One of it is this .In Ethiopia the epiphany is celebrated 44 tabots near waters (river ) and ancient egyptian from 42 places or temples 42 gods barques celebrate at elephantine island

The Exodus being in 1446BC is a Contradiction, because Moses is Davids, Great-Great-Great-Great Uncle in Law, whom lived around 1000BC.

In Same Sense William IV Great-Great-Great-Great Father of Queen Elizabeth II, that is only about a 120 Year Difference, thus placing Moses around 1200-1100BC.

Ancient Egypt at the time, is the only Culture that builds those Arks, of which they Place Gods/Agreements/Ect Within them, and the Laws are Pure Egyptian from Book of Dead

LORD GOD - Pharaoh- Historically, it is THEY who Founded and Conquered Canaan

Well, you have caused me to go back for some more information about the Exodus of the Israelites from Egypt, and I found a different source in the New Oxford Annotated Version of the Bible as a footnote that it happened in about 1224 during the rule of Pharaoh Rameses II. We never know for sure what's what in ancient History.

Regarding the Ark of the Covenant, it is possible that it was an Egyptian art to build arks. Since Moses grew up as an Egyptian, he was familiar with the culture and had an ark built in the desert to lodge the tables of the Law.

And for Canaan, we do have records of Egyptian wars to conquer Canaan but not at the time Joshua did it with the Israelites.

Ben

Well, you have caused me to go back for some more information about the Exodus of the Israelites from Egypt, and I found a different source in the New Oxford Annotated Version of the Bible as a footnote that it happened in about 1224 during the rule of Pharaoh Rameses II. We never know for sure what's what in ancient History.

Regarding the Ark of the Covenant, it is possible that it was an Egyptian art to build arks. Since Moses grew up as an Egyptian, he was familiar with the culture and had an ark built in the desert to lodge the tables of the Law.

And for Canaan, we do have records of Egyptian wars to conquer Canaan
but not at the time Joshua did it with the Israelites.

Ben

Biblically it makes no Sense, Ramses II Campaigned in Syria and Conquered it.

First Syrian campaign
The immediate antecedents to the Battle of Kadesh were the early campaigns of Ramesses II into Canaan and Palestine. His first campaign seems to have taken place in the fourth year of his reign and was commemorated by the erection of a stele near modern Beirut. The inscription is almost totally illegible due to weathering. His records tell us that he was forced to fight a Palestinian prince who was mortally wounded by an Egyptian archer, and whose army was subsequently routed. Ramesses carried off the princes of Palestine as live prisoners to Egypt. Ramesses then plundered the chiefs of the Asiatics in their own lands, returning every year to his headquarters at Riblah to exact tribute. In the fourth year of his reign, he captured the Hittite vassal state of Amurru during his campaign in Syria.[20]

his time he claimed to have fought the battle without even bothering to put on his corslet until two hours after the fighting began. Six of Ramesses's sons, still wearing their side locks, took part in this conquest. He took towns in Retenu,[28] and Tunip in Naharin,[29] later recorded on the walls of the Ramesseum.[30] This second success here was equally as meaningless as his first, as neither power could decisively defeat the other in battle.[31]

even a peace treaty
The treaty was concluded between Ramesses II and Hattusili III in Year 21 of Ramesses's reign.[35] (c. 1258 BC) Its 18 articles call for peace between Egypt and Hatti and then proceeds to maintain that their respective gods also demand peace. The frontiers are not laid down in this treaty but can be inferred from other documents. The Anastasy A papyrus describes Canaan during the latter part of the reign of Ramesses II and enumerates and names the Phoenician coastal towns under Egyptian control. The harbour town of Sumur north of Byblos is mentioned as being the northern-most town belonging to Egypt, which points to it having contained an Egyptian garrison.

This led me belief that Jacob[from Aegyptos] is Ramses II, whom conquered Canaan, in similar styles, as they sons helped them, Israel split into 12 Tribes, in fact the First Son of Jacob [Reuben] means Son of Reu, and in Egyptian this translates as "Ramses", the First son of ramses ii [whom died, thus no stories are written about[not pharoah] Ramses or reuben

Ramses II died at aged 90, and his Son [Merenptah-Joseph], became a Shadow King, thus Unlikely that Ramses II was chasing away Moses
Ramses II was suffering from severe dental problems and was plagued by arthritis and hardening of the arteries.

Note. The First Historical mention of Israel is around Merenptah-Ramses II period, which mention a Famine [like Genesis does][The Period of Jacob-Joseph] Fit well within this time Period in that context
and Since the [Egyptians] Record the Event, the Torah must originate from Egyptian Scriptures [Torah means "Worship of Ra" in Kemit]

The reign of Merneptah is a plausible date for the Exodus. The first mention of "Israel" is on a stela (pillar monument) of Merneptah, most of which concerns his recent victory over Libya, describing the course of the campaign and how many prisoners and valuables "His majesty of Horus, the Mighty Bull, rejoicing in justice, king of Upper and Lower Egypt, the banner of truth and son of Ra Merneptah" has captured in loving detail. At the end it says "The Nine Bows dare not raise her heads" which is a conventional phrase: the enemies of Egypt were always called the "Nine Bows" but there was no standard list of nine; depending on the period, a stela would list whichever nine the Pharoah had most recently triumphed over. But if we read between the lines, His Majesty of Horus the Mighty Bull etc. etc. is having some trouble coming up with "nine" triumphs to report:

Tjehenu is smashed: "Tjehenu" is Libya, the genuine victory he does have to report

Hatti is at peace: the Hittite empire wasn't at war with Egypt, unlike in Ramses II's time. This is along the lines of "I'm keeping the tigers away-- you don't see any tigers, do you?" That is, the Hittites wouldn't dare go to war when His Majesty of Horus, the Mighty Bull etc. etc. is on the throne, now would they?

Cana'an is plundered woefully: Cana'an was under heavy tribute, since the campaign of Ramses II, and was still paying. Again, this is no triumph of His Majesty of Horus, but just claiming credit for the fact that nothing has changed.

Sheqelon is sacked, Gezer taken, Yanoam is no more: three prominent cities of Cana'an which were captured (and razed, in the case of Yanoam) under Ramses II. Again this is not Merneptah's doing: and these are all part of Cana'an, so he's cheating to stretch the list out to make Nine bows.

Hurru is widowed for Egypt's sake: the Hurrians ruled territories in eastern Palestine and Syria; apparently they had done badly in a recent war, and although no Egyptian forces were involved, the victors were Egyptian allies-- so, Merneptah claims that this was "for Egypt's sake".

Israel is in the wasteland, with no grain: I think this brief sentence IS the Exodus, in the Egyptian version. OK, the army failed to recapture the fugitive slaves, but they're out in the desert and hungry, so how much trouble could they be in the future, huh?

The desert bandits are all subdued: LOL, the Mighty Bull can't even come up with a ninth name to claim to have triumphed over, but has to finish out the list by saying that various nomad robbers have been given their come-uppance!

Israel is in the wasteland, with no grain: I think this brief sentence IS the Exodus, in the Egyptian version. OK, the army failed to recapture the fugitive slaves, but they're out in the desert and hungry, so how much trouble could they be in the future, huh?

Not Entirely, since this is the First historical Mention of Israel, and the First mention of Israel is in Genesis, in the account of Joseph, which also reports Famine

Genesis
54 And the seven years of famine began to come, according as Joseph had said; and there was famine in all lands; but in all the land of Egypt there was bread.

57 And all countries came into Egyptto Joseph to buy corn; because the famine was sore in all the earth.

Sea Peoples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Merenptah
I am the ruler who shepherds you ... as a father, who preserves his children, while ye fear like birds ... [Shall the land be wasted and forsaken at the invasion of every country, while the Nine Bows plunder its borders and rebels invade it every day? ... They spend their time going about the land, fighting, to fill their bodies daily. They come to the land of Egypt to seek the necessities of their mouths ... Their chief is like a dog, a man of boasting without courage ...Speech of Merneptah before the Battle of Perire, from the Great Karnak Inscription.

Reign of Merneptah - Genesis[Joseph-Jacob] [Migration]
Reign of Ramses III. -Exodus[Moses-Joshua] [Exodus]

Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt: Merenptah Hetephermaat (Baenre Merynetjeru)
e Libyans had for some time been pressing at the borders of Egypt and Ramesses II had built a series of fortresses in the Western Delta to retrain them. Although Merenptah maintained friendly relations with Ugarit, Amurru and the Hitties (to whom he sent a consignment of grain) widespread famine across the Aegean had resulted the imigration of various peoples known collectively in Egypt as the "Sea Peoples".

-See, No Exodus during Merenptah, but quite the Opposite, a Migration.

Error or forgery on the Stele of Merneptah, known as Israel Stele Joseph Davidovits
. This interpretation is proven by archaeology. It is known that Merneptah dispatched cereals from Egypt to the starving Hittites (Khati and Kharu), victim of a famine.

Merenptah GIVES Grain to the Starving Hittites/Israel ect, which coincide with Genesis below

Genesis
57 And all countries came into Egyptto Joseph to buy corn; because the famine was sore in all the earth.

What is Strange, is that In Gen. Joseph Feeds them, in History . Merenptah feeds them, are they same Person?

Merenptah
Golden Horus Name: Nebsenedjaashefit (Joseph)

Multi-Coincidences?

Biblically it makes no Sense, Ramses II Campaigned in Syria and Conquered it. even a peace treaty

This led me belief that Jacob[from Aegyptos] is Ramses II, whom conquered Canaan, in similar styles, as they sons helped them, Israel split into 12 Tribes, in fact the First Son of Jacob [Reuben] means Son of Reu, and in Egyptian this translates as "Ramses", the First son of ramses ii [whom died, thus no stories are written about[not pharoah] Ramses or reuben

Ramses II died at aged 90, and his Son [Merenptah-Joseph], became a Shadow King, thus Unlikely that Ramses II was chasing away Moses
Ramses II was suffering from severe dental problems and was plagued by arthritis and hardening of the arteries.

Note. The First Historical mention of Israel is around Merenptah-Ramses II period, which mention a Famine [like Genesis does][The Period of Jacob-Joseph] Fit well within this time Period in that context
and Since the [Egyptians] Record the Event, the Torah must originate from Egyptian Scriptures [Torah means "Worship of Ra" in Kemit]

Okay Divos, this time your research has lost all credibility to me because of the following statement: "Ramesses carried off the princes of Palestine as live prisoners to Egypt." We all know that's not true, because there was no such a name then for the Land of Canaan. Such a name was applied to the Land of Israel after the Romans left the Middle East. This name is used today only by those who hate Israel with the intent to bash the Jewish People with the fase accusation that we have taken the land of another people. The truth is that we have recovered the land of our ancestors, which was being occupied by some Arabs. That's all.
Ben

Okay Divos, this time your research has lost all credibility to me because of the following statement: "Ramesses carried off the princes of Palestine as live prisoners to Egypt." We all know that's not true, because there was no such a name then for the Land of Canaan. Such a name was applied to the Land of Israel after the Romans left the Middle East. This name is used today only by those who hate Israel with the intent to bash the Jewish People with the fase accusation that we have taken the land of another people. The truth is that we have recovered the land of our ancestors, which was being occupied by some Arabs. That's all.
Ben

Fake Jews you means, Jew who claims to be descendants from Iudeans, if every one upon earth became Jewish, this is 6 Billion People claiming Israel is there Land, how do 6 Billion fit in Israel

JEWS and JUDEANS ARE NOT THE SAME

The Truth is the JUDEANS are EXTINCT

Fake Jews you means, Jew who claims to be descendants from Iudeans, if every one upon earth became Jewish, this is 6 Billion People claiming Israel is there Land, how do 6 Billion fit in Israel

JEWS and JUDEANS ARE NOT THE SAME

The Truth is the JUDEANS are EXTINCT

Sorry, but I can't help detecting in your character, that you are deeply envious of the Jewish People and of what we have achieved at making of this world a better place for all to live. Read the following and eat yourself from inside out:

The Essay of Mark Twain About the Jews.

"If the statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one percent of the human race. It suggests a nebulous dim puff of star dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way.

Properly the Jew ought hardly to be heard of, but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people, and his commercial importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk.

His contributions to the world's list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also way out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers.

He has made a marvellous fight in the world, in all the ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself, and be excused for it.

The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greek and the Roman followed, and made a vast noise, and they are gone; other peoples have sprung up and held their torch high for a time, but it burned out, and they sit in twilight now, or have vanished.

The Jew saw them all, beat them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmities of age, no weakening of his parts, no slowing of his energies, no dulling of his alert and aggressive mind. All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality?

Mark Twain

Sorry, but I can't help detecting in your character, that you are deeply envious of the Jewish People and of what we have achieved at making of this world a better place for all to live. Read the following and eat yourself from inside out:

The Essay of Mark Twain About the Jews.

He is talking about the Religion "Judaism" upon the 1%, which is not same as JUDEANS whom are extinct

For a linguist, Divos is utterly incapable of using English. I know it is hard, but let me give you a lesson:

"Judean" = one who lived in the Roman Province of Judea. They worshipped one G!d in a Temple there, had an ancient text in Hebrew (in Greek for those hebraicly challenged) and were ethnically and religiously identical to many people throughout the Empire called Jews (these are easily proven in Latin texts, not the least significant of which is Josephus).

"Jews" = a well defined group in the Roman Empire co-religiously, culturally and ethnically (for the most part) identical to (and for the most part descended from) the people of Judea.

Now, since Judea is no more, you can make the case that Judeans no longer exist. But claiming the are extinct (in English this means their bloodline has died off) is a different matter. Since the people involved were pretty literate and had to keep track of relationships (maternally because of frequent cases of rape), there are plenty of their descendents running around today. For the most part we still call them Jews.

Boy it is hard to teach English to a Puddinhead.

Pax et amore omnia vincunt!

Ah, the Z-word or the N-word, make up your mind. It should be pretty clear that I am not either. I am just a little better at English than you (both definitions trace pretty much to OED).

Pax et amore omnia vincunt!

there are plenty of their descendents running around today. For the most part we still call them Jews.

Sure, the only way to Keep the Judean Blood alive, is to Inbreed,and Practice Incest, the most famous of whom does such, are the Royal Families.

Note. Joseph of Arimathea is also Flavius Josephus bAR Matthias (ma_TITUS)
kingchrt.jpg

We not taking about Normal Judean citizens, where talking about Royal Jews [Herods/Hasmonians/Maccabees]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back