Would The World Be Better Off Without Religion?

I prefer the tried and true religions. You know, the ones the spiritually bankrupt refer to as ancient and out of date.

No meaningful response. Your stereotyping a religion based on the fallible statements of an individual. Bad strategy, nonetheless your statement This reflects more the Baha'i view than anything in traditional Christianity.

Beauty mate. Spot on.
I have my moments, but just to be clear, I wasn't denouncing Baha'i beliefs. I was just responding to comments made on another thread that I took exception to.
If Judaism is not 'out of date' why be a Christian?
Being Christian has nothing to do with Judaism being out of date. It's merely the belief that Jesus fulfills the prophecy of the Messiah.
Judaism is more tried and true? than Christianity.
If one believes Jesus is the Messiah, Christianity is part of Judaism and began long before th NT.

Last edited:
Historically speaking, the effect of every religion on human society, when it comes to considering the effect of the teachings of the Sources of every religion, has been a positive one and cause of tremendous growth in society in every instance.

In time we, humanity, however tend to distort religions and sway them to our own causes.

What I am trying to say is that if the Founders of the world's greatest religions were to exist with one another today, their teachings would be in agreement with one another and they would still preach the same "love thy neighbor" and "speak the truth" that they always have. They wouldn't be at conflict with one another, because the foundation of every religion is one when it comes to the basic teachings and principles... which religion is out there that says we should not be truthful? or that we shouldn't love one another?

The unpleasant parts of religion we might witness today (fanaticism, teachings to cause division among people, etc.) is a result of the distortion of the original teachings in time and through us.

World would be about the same. Religion does not make a big difference. We distort, yeah, like Bahaollah did not mention Hinduism and Buddhism but his heirs did. If the founders would have met, they would have fought each other, each claiming to be so and so. Does Bahaollah not say that all those who claim a mission from God in the next eight hundred years should be taken as frauds, but one must not take Bahaollah as a fraud? Of course, Hinduism will go unrepresented since it does not have a founder.
What is a 'great religion' and 'not a great' religion. A religion is religion.

The unpleasant parts of religion we might witness today (fanaticism, teachings to cause division among people, etc.) is a result of the distortion of the original teachings in time and through us.

Some modern religions had fanaticism and other unpleasant aspects during the founder's lifetime, known to and encouraged by the founder, for example Scientology.

So what you say is not true of all religions.

Some modern religions had fanaticism and other unpleasant aspects during the founder's lifetime, known to and encouraged by the founder, for example Scientology.

So what you say is not true of all religions.

Right, my scope of 'religion' when saying that wasn't broad enough... I was speaking of world major religions like Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, the Baha'i Faith...

Right, my scope of 'religion' when saying that wasn't broad enough... I was speaking of world major religions like Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, the Baha'i Faith...

Interesting. What are your criteria for inclusion in this list?

Reactions: RJM
Well, with 5 million or so, Bahaiism is a 'wanna be', 'Jumping Jack'.
There aren't billions of Jews, either. But maybe other dimensions apply, such as geographic spread? Then again, Scientology is present in a lot of countries and on all continents. That's why I asked about the criteria.

When you look at top 10 religions by adherents...when you get passed the top 3...it drops significantly (and number 3 is no affiliation!)

Is religion better than tribal witch burning, torturing enemies, human sacrifice? The humanist belief that 'love your neighbour' is inbuilt -- is wrong, imo. It is not really a natural human quality, beyond tribal necessity.

The Golden Rule is really a 'faith' throw-off of religious teachings now so taken-for-granted that it is easy to forget just how quickly the mask slips, imo?

Religion for all it's faults and frauds and deliberate manipulation by worldly powers in practice -- seeks to focus on the higher side of human existence, away from the pure materialism of the ordinary world?

Religion may focus on anything but humans will go by their material ways. Religion does not make any significant different. Most of the time it engenders conflicts.

Religion may focus on anything but humans will go by their material ways. Religion does not make any significant different. Most of the time it engenders conflicts.

Yes.
Conflicts with the irreligious.
But, with people of other religions too at times.
However? "Religion" exists because there is something other to Life than just this corporeal.
Meanwhile, if Matrixism is seen as, "global"?And if, in it's tenets, it's dictated that a member subscribing to it must be affiliated with one of the worlds major Faiths, how can it be considered a separate,
"religion"?

So then, the "religion" of Matrixsm is a misnomer.
It cannot be.
Matrixism is an adaptation involving Maths , computer lanquage, Physics since Einstein, and in this case, Judeo/Christianity.

Yes. Conflicts with the irreligious.
Meanwhile, if Matrixism is seen as, "global"? And if, in it's tenets, it's dictated that a member subscribing to it must be affiliated with one of the worlds major Faiths, how can it be considered a separate, "religion"?
No, conflict within the religion and with other religions as well. Changing the world virtually is an interesting hobby.

Reactions: Geo
Back