Symmetry: Derail from Sound and Sacred Geometry

Discussion in 'Belief and Spirituality' started by seattlegal, May 14, 2012.

1. powessy

powessy Well-Known Member

The belief that god is the master geometer of these shapes. I kind of think of it like pi = 3.14159, these geometries seem to show themselves every time we try to solve various geometric problems. In religion we try to solve god and every time we find some form of trinity I suppose this would make the rings sacred. As for infinity, how many times can something become something again and again, I find this interesting.

thanks for you time and thoughts.

Powessy

2. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic) Admin

Thanks, @Norm, for the background info. I found it very interesting. Welcome again to the forums!

If you do change your mind about having a dedicated thread on the Urantia book, you might find that this place is not quite like many other religious forums.

Ella S. likes this.
  3. Norm

Norm Guest

Hi Powessy again.
    Here's a picture from my living room.
    On the far right a stars and sun shower curtain that we use as a room divider. A throwback to hippie days, though I never was a bona-fide hippie. To the left is a 16 inch Japanese Buddha, quite heavy, that we got at an auction in rural Minnesota for $2. Dirty mirror behind that, and everything needs to be dusted. lol. Further left above the TV is the three concentric circles I was telling you about. It's 3 x 5 feet. I call it the Flag of God. I have one of those in the bedroom as well. And one in the garage. To the left of that in the small picture frame is a stereogram that calms me, and just above that but close you might be able to make out the ears of a Furby, if you remember those. To the left of that, probably hard to see is a porcelain statue of a Japanese Madonna and child, also about 16 inches tall. Off screen on the left is a Smiling Fat Buddha. On other walls I have a beautiful 8x10 framed glossy print of a blue Lord Krishna playing the flute of course, and with a peacock in the picture, next to an 8x10 framed picture of Bugs (Bunny), the Tasmanian Devil, and Yosemite Sam on motorcycles. Fun stuff. I love Bugs Bunny.
    upload_2022-4-24_21-52-22.png

Ella S. and powessy like this.
  4. RJM

RJM God Feeds the Ravens Admin

I believe the remark was uncalled for and have deleted it. Sorry @stranger whatever your intention it reads as an unwarranted personal attack

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  5. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic) Admin

RJM likes this.
  6. stranger

stranger wolfwing, a feral angel

Thank you, we've all done things we're not proud of.

Ella S. likes this.
  7. RJM

RJM God Feeds the Ravens Admin

And thank you for understanding @stranger
    You are a valuable and respected member, imo :)

Ella S. likes this.
  8. powessy

powessy Well-Known Member

Hello Norm

Thank you for teaching me something about yourself. As for the three circles, I would love to talk more about them, but I do not want to side track this thread.

Cino included a link in his above post, please use the link to continue our conversation.
    The thread can also be found in the sub forum of modern religions under Urantia.

Powessy

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
  9. Ella S.

Ella S. Utilitarian Logician

I do. Partially because I think it's polite for its own sake to introduce oneself and listen tentatively during a first impression but also so I can know how to better approach them in threads. That way I know to tread more carefully when talking about Jesus to a Christian poster or about Mohammad with a Muslim poster, etc. as to not unintentionally offend them.

If that's not really something you care too much about, then I understand your dismissal.

Norm likes this.
  10. Ella S.

Ella S. Utilitarian Logician

I have that same shower curtain.

Norm likes this.
  11. Norm

Norm Guest