Cats

That's a good site. I've visited many times. I like the part about introducing new cats on opposite sides of a closed door. I thought that's what I was doing by letting Jackie and Charley see each other through the glass door of our kitchen most of the summer. All was going well and Jackie seemed to be looking forward to seeing his new friend everyday. The problem was Charley's reaction to being indoors for the first time. Jackie seems to know that I am not in the best of health and has become quite protective of me. When Charley started freaking out, I think Jackie took that as a threat to me and jumped into action.

They are back to looking at each other through the closed glass door, but at this point my wife and I are looking into heated enclosures so Charley can just remain outside. That's not a definite plan though.

Can Jackie and Charley smell each other through the glass door? I've found from experience with my cats that smell seems to be a cat's most important sense.

For the first few days after I adopted them, they would often come up and briefly touch their noses to mine, as if "checking my ID."

That's a good site. I've visited many times. I like the part about introducing new cats on opposite sides of a closed door. I thought that's what I was doing by letting Jackie and Charley see each other through the glass door of our kitchen most of the summer. All was going well and Jackie seemed to be looking forward to seeing his new friend everyday. The problem was Charley's reaction to being indoors for the first time. Jackie seems to know that I am not in the best of health and has become quite protective of me. When Charley started freaking out, I think Jackie took that as a threat to me and jumped into action.

They are back to looking at each other through the closed glass door, but at this point my wife and I are looking into heated enclosures so Charley can just remain outside. That's not a definite plan though.

This might help a little (courtesy of Chris Poole, Cole and Marmalade):

I subscribe to their YouTube channel. :oops:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Purrrfect! I saw one where a guy made a neat shelter out of an old ice chest. Interesting idea. Now if the wife asks what happened to her new pull-behind cooler... you don't know anything, ok?;)

A stray wondered onto the property last week and decided to stay.
Looks like Charley Chaplin's incarnate has adopted us!

View attachment 1524
Just an update, it seems Charley Chaplin is "Charlene Chaplin" - she's gained a lot of weight, enjoys her daily brush and now lives in an insulated box in our garden under the dining room window. Still working on making a house cat out of her, but our Jackie is still not cooperating with the transition.:cool:

2 words. HAIR BALLS! Our Jackie is shedding his winter coat and ingesting same. Result; furry projectiles launched without warning. This week he seems to be going for both volume and distance!:eek:

I cannot believe that Tovarish the :kitty: will have a change in her food starting next month.

"Why?" you ask?

She-Who-Demands-to-be-Obeyed will be seven years old, which means that she'll be considered "mature" and ready for "mature-formula" food. Wasn't it yesterday when she would climb into the kitchen drawers of my old apartment after escaping from her box (this happened rather frequently when she was just weeks old.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Sometimes you just gotta hide....
hiding.jpg

Our Charley Chaplin hiding in the hedge​

Tovarish has a new :kitty: tree (I just put it together.) It kinda looks like a real plant except for the shelves. Will keep everyone updated on how she likes it when she tries it out.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Our previous feline "Kitty", Aussie dubbed him mountain lion, had a thing for trees. Especially the dwarf orange tree in our old kitchen.

cat1a.JPG

Back