Judaism not founded by Abraham

A

Ansel Thompson

Hebrew Judaism started with the idea of the Messiah coming from David, David from Judah. Abraham did not practice Judaism.

Hebrew Judaism....as opposed to?

Are you a Jew?

Is this a discussion or are you starting a class? I don't know what is going in here.

These things happen in life, something hits you and you don't know what is going on.
If I am a Jew or Ju depends on their meanings.
The world has been given classes by Jews through Judeo-Christianity for a very long time, some of us question the teachings and find faults with them, so I am initiating discussions on my questions of and faults found with them.
I thing it is illegal for the Jews to put a patent on Judaism.

I have various sources.
There is a prophecy in the Bible which states that God has said that they that call themselves Jews are not Jews and none of them will work in the house of the Lord but that some will work as priests and some as guards, since priests work in the temple I understand that none will be the Messiah.
If God say that they that call themselves Jews are not Jews, it means that their concept of Judaism is wrong and false.

I have various sources.
There is a prophecy in the Bible which states that God has said that they that call themselves Jews are not Jews and none of them will work in the house of the Lord but that some will work as priests and some as guards, since priests work in the temple I understand that none will be the Messiah.
If God say that they that call themselves Jews are not Jews, it means that their concept of Judaism is wrong and false.
Really trying to understand you here, I have a different interpretation of that but let's stick to yours.
Are you saying that there are no Jewish people, or that there are because some of the are not, even though they say they are, that non of them can be the Messiah?

I have various sources.
Could you be more specific and cite this passage from the bible?

I recall having a Zoroastrian wanting to be paid on a patent on monotheism....

According to wiki — never the most reliable commentary — the written texts were very late indeed:
... It is now certain that for most of their long history the Avesta's various texts were handed down orally, and independently of one another, and that it was not until around the fifth or sixth century that they were committed to written form. However, during their long history, only the Gathic texts seem to have been memorized (more or less) exactly. The other less sacred works appear to have been handed down in a more fluid oral tradition, and were partly composed afresh with each generation of poet-priests, sometimes with the addition of new material. The Younger Avestan texts are therefore composite works, with contributions from several different authors over the course of several hundred years.
There's the rub: much did Zoroastrian theology influence others, or how much of its theology was influenced by others?

According to wiki — never the most reliable commentary — the written texts were very late indeed:

There's the rub: much did Zoroastrian theology influence others, or how much of its theology was influenced by others?
If I remember correctly, I don't think the person took a theological stance, but the philosophical position that monotheism was 'invented' once and it somehow couldn't be invented again. I'm sure the person wasn't religious themself.

Really trying to understand you here, I have a different interpretation of that but let's stick to yours.
Are you saying that there are no Jewish people, or that there are because some of the are not, even though they say they are, that non of them can be the Messiah?
It seem to me from reading certain parts of the Bible, that there is a certain class of judicial people (called ju-s for obvious reasons) who will manage the Messianic order and that certain Hebrew people have claimed that they are that people and the Bile is making it clear that they are not and is throwing the David Messiah out the Dore also, they will do priestly and military services but will not be king.

If you are correct Tea, I certainly disagree with his stance. Things, including concepts, can be invented more than once. They can also be invented in different parts of the world independently.
What about a divinely revealed concept such as the Messianic one, even if it is revealed to different people in different parts of the world and at different times, if there is only one Messiah and one concept must they all not agree?

I think that one particular thing can only be invented once, with the many marks of telephones we have today, how many persons have been recognized as inventing the telephone?
I don't think that Monotheism can be invented because if there is only one God who was before man, man could only come to know that fact not invent it.
If in fact there is only one God and he was the one Noah adored, it would mean that the foundation of Monotheism among us would rest with him and all our forefathers and anyone after that would only be rediscovering his roosts.

I think that one particular thing can only be invented once, with the many marks of telephones we have today, how many persons have been recognized as inventing the telephone?
I don't think that Monotheism can be invented because if there is only one God who was before man, man could only come to know that fact not invent it.
If in fact there is only one God and he was the one Noah adored, it would mean that the foundation of Monotheism among us would rest with him and all our forefathers and anyone after that would only be rediscovering his roosts.
Could you be more specific and cite this passage from the bible?
Don't have time for that, use the index.

Back