What NON-POLITICAL, NON-RELIGIOUS Headlines Are You Following?

When a teen I worked a carnival that came to town...helped put together rides...pushing in cotter pins....and then looking at the thousands of little connections any one of which could fail in any instant....ever since.

It seems that the brakes also failed on the ride. Witnesses said that they were telling the person running the ride that it was going too fast, and when s/he applied the emergency brakes, the gondola detatched, sending everyone in it flying (literally.) The one fatality was a young man who was heading to Marine Corps basic training Tuesday or Wednesday.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Oops....we were just talking about updating the "latest news page"

and I forgot you had a restriction on headlines that we follow...

and me with no editing capability... Steve, go ahead and delete or upload to the front page if you care to

Photographing the total solar eclipse with a smartphone

"Most people, however, will likely be using their smartphones or digital cameras to capture the awe-inspiring event. Many of these images will be blurry and overexposed or underexposed, DaSilva said.

But you don't have to be a professional photographer with expensive equipment to make your photos more spectacular. All you need is a little effort and preparation."
Read more here... GMA

Last Saturday (Caturday), a couple was arrested at the Wisconsin State Fair for having "intimate relations" out in the open (it was near a concessions stand) and someone got a video of it (YouTube took it down, fortunately.)

I cannot facepalmheaddeskwallbuilding enough about the stupidity.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Diamond ring missing since 2004 turns up on carrot!

ring.jpg

When Mary Grams lost her diamond engagement ring in the garden in 2004, she thought it was gone for good.

This week it was found on a carrot, plucked from the soil on the family farm.

"I recognized it right away," she said.

Grams, 84, said she thinks she lost the ring while pulling a large weed from the garden in September 2004.

"We looked high and low on our hands and knees," she said. "We couldn't find it. I thought for sure either they rototilled it or something happened to it." CBCNEWS

Last edited:
Google awards Uruguay high school student $10K for finding security bug
A 17-year-old high school student from Uruguay who taught himself computer programming was awarded $10,000 from Google for discovering a security bug.

Ezequiel Pereira, of Montevido, discovered the bug last month during a break from school.

“I was really bored at home, during my winter vacation," Pereira, who blogged about his discovery, told ABC News by email. "And luckily that day I had the idea to do the trial and error that led to the discover.”

ABCNEWS

Here's one for the WTF file:

Engineer Creates Sex Robot That Needs To Be Romanced First

Sergi Santos is a man with a mission: He wants to make sure robotic sex dolls that enjoy the sex as much as the humans ― or at least act like they do.

The Barcelona-based engineer has just created a sex doll named “Samantha,” who is equipped with the latest advancements in artificial intelligence....

Read the rest here... if you dare. HUFFINGTON POST

Special reports about Hurricane Harvey. Natural disasters don't give a d@mn what a person believes or their political leanings: if they stall/erupt/etc., they're equal-opportunity fookovers.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Here's one for the WTF file:

Engineer Creates Sex Robot That Needs To Be Romanced First

Sergi Santos is a man with a mission: He wants to make sure robotic sex dolls that enjoy the sex as much as the humans ― or at least act like they do.

The Barcelona-based engineer has just created a sex doll named “Samantha,” who is equipped with the latest advancements in artificial intelligence....

Read the rest here... if you dare. HUFFINGTON POST
Good grief. Having to go through all that for sex kind of defeats the purpose of having a sex robot!:p

Updates on Harvey. Emergency shelters are being set up for nonhuman companions and/or service/therapy animals, both in Texas and in Louisiana (expecting a "visit" by Harvey.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Updates on Harvey. Emergency shelters are being set up for nonhuman companions and/or service/therapy animals, both in Texas and in Louisiana (expecting a "visit" by Harvey.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
I just donated 2 ::kitty:: carriers and an old dog crate to someone headed down to help at one of the emergency shelters.

I just donated 2 ::kitty:: carriers and an old dog crate to someone headed down to help at one of the emergency shelters.

I wish that I knew someone heading there. I could pick up some food and/or potable water (they need that as well since the flooding could make the drinking water hazardous to both man and beast, plus most places don't think of pet food to "replace" the stuff that no longer is edible...)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back