What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Namaste Jesus, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic)

Lovely fluffy fragrant pilaw, with balls of falafel.

StevePame likes this.
  2. StevePame

StevePame Administrator Staff Member

Chili. Because it is freezing out and only going to get worse.

3. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro

Cornbread topped chili using vegetarian taco crumbles (I put it in the oven so the cornbread could bake,) peach mango green tea and shortbread-wrapped peanut butter cups using mini peanut butter cups for dessert. The oven kept us warm enough (complaints about the furnace have been lodged, trust me.) I avoided the vending machine in the laundry room ("Ice Cold Sodas" in this weather? :confused:...)

:kitty: delegation had warm water and heated up crunchies. They appreciated it.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

StevePame likes this.
  4. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Tuna pot pie for Pi(e) Day (Happy Pi[e] Day to everyone btw.) :kitty's are getting tuna, too, plain, no accoutrements to "celebrate" along with me. Chocolate hazelnut pie for dessert and decaffeinated Constant Comment tea to go along with everything (water for the :kitty: delegation, as usual.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

5. Namaste Jesus

Namaste Jesus Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai

Scrambled egg and onions in rice with a side tomato, lettuce and onion salad.

100_3531.JPG

6. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Peanut butter chocolate chip waffles for me, tuna and shrimp gooshy food for the fuzzy-faces (aka furred purrson plural/:kitty:s.) Fresh water for everyone (plain for them, a twist of Cara Cara orange for me,)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

7. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I had a modified pizza waffle last night along with mulled cider and two apple crisp granola bars for dessert while the :kitty: delegation had tuna/shrimp/whitefish in a seafood sauce "gooshy fud" and water.

Tonight I'm having cereal (gotta start getting rid of the stuff for me that's not kosher for Passover [I'm not going to force the furred purrson plural to follow my dietary restrictions since it would be cruel imho].)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

8. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

A veggie burger for National Hamburger Day (Happy {Belated} National Hamburger Day to the American delegation by the way.) I added Pico de Gallo along with a couple of leaves of Boston lettuce and two slices of sweet red red onion and had a diet white soda to drink. A handful of fresh blueberries completed my meal.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

9. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Cheesy waffle with minced herbs and an herbal tea (buttermint, which is a vanilla mint blend that I picked up at my doctor's office {Twinings makes it, I think}.)

I made this dinner while drip drying (got caught in the downpour, which is why my hair is straight...)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

10. muhammad_isa

muhammad_isa Active Member

Vegan diets are very popular here in the UK atm
    Actually, it does have some advantage, as such options usually contain plenty of fresh fruit and veg.
    ..but I wouldn't want to cut out meat and dairy .. just have less .. well that's the plan ;)

11. wil

wil UNeyeR1

While my aorta blew up, they found my arteries clean as a whistle plaque buildup of the average 30 year old at 62...I went plant based diet in my 20s. Did not cut out dairy or fish..but reduced both

12. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I had a stuffed pretzel (it had spinach, feta and mozzarella inside the pretzel) and a sugar-free Italian soda (sugar-free white chocolate and sugar-free raspberry syrups mixed into the soda.) Frozen grapes and frozen Ranier cherries for dessert/medications.

It's a shame that wil cannot have either the frozen fruit or the Italian soda (the soda could be almost any flavour one wants, and I believe that they're low sodium to sodium-free.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

13. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I tried a receipt from the back of the box of whole-granulation kasha (it was rather good-for-something imho) along with a vegetarian burger that I put between a split waffle (no bread atm.) Completed the meal with sugar-free pink lemonade.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

14. wil

wil UNeyeR1

I have never been a bubbly drinker, but what is wrong tith frozen fruit?

15. muhammad_isa

muhammad_isa Active Member

Good question .. I find plenty of fresh fruit in the summer, but it's great in the winter.
    I like to mix berries and apples and eat it it with custard or yogurt .. not too much pastry though ;)

16. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Sometimes there's added sugar and/or salt (I found that out the hard way. :()

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

17. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Just fruit in the stuff I buy, no extra ingredients

18. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

For the next couple of days, I'm subsisting on ice pops and pink lemonade/peach-mango green tea, then I'm going to add a lemon-lime gelled "dessert" for another couple of days, then I'm going to be able to add some solid food/"fud" (just got home from having my teeth extracted, which is why I kinda know the schedule.)

The nurses at the day surgical clinic were rather surprised with how well I came out of the anesthesia (didn't need that much assistance doing stuff, even kept standing/walking around after they took out the IV needle...) It was only due to hospital protocol that kept me from going out to meet my ride home on my own/without a wheelchair!

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

19. Namaste Jesus

Namaste Jesus Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai

Wood fire grilled chicken, shrimp, potato wedges and veggie rice!

100_3777.JPG

StevePame likes this.
  20. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Penne with a vegetarian/vegan sliced Italian sausage and peppers sauce, fresh blueberries, a white peach and diet raspberry lemonade to wash all of that down.

.Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine