What's the third eye?

Discussion in 'Belief and Spirituality' started by juice, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Search, be your own guru.

"Brain death is the complete loss of brain function (including involuntary activity necessary to sustain life). It differs from persistent vegetative state, in which the person is alive and some autonomic functions remain."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_death

We are very kosher eaters. Only goat and that too from halal shops (Kashmiri brahmins long-settled outside Kashmir think that only Muslims know how to carve meat). In Kashmir they do not mind sheep, but that is not us.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  2. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic)

Keeping kosher entails a lot more than which meat to eat and where to obtain it. I'm not Jewish, so I can't comment with any authority or from experience.

3. muhammad_isa

muhammad_isa Active Member

Yes .. halal is much the same as kosher.

Specifically, consuming pig-meat and blood is prohibited.
    Many Muslims aren't concerned of the WHY it is not permitted..
    ..but there is a reason for everything .. and I would say that the soul is very much affected
    by what we eat.
    Greed is not encouraged, and eating a lot of meat is not good for us .. but some
    communities in the world are dependent on animals for food .. they do not have the climate for fruit and veg.

Better to consume more milk and less meat .. it makes ecological sense as well.
    Piggy-banks are out, as is hoarding & usury. Charity and moderation is in.

4. RJM Corbet

RJM Corbet God Feeds the Ravens

Essentially it seems our Abrahamic cultures prefer eating flesh of vegetarian animals to that of carnivores or scavengers. That is where the dichotomy about pork comes into it: pigs eat anything really. The Chinese, for instance, do not have the same attitude?
    Jesus as a devout Jew who taught often in the temple, would have observed Jewish dietary customs, though he sometimes got into discussions about the minutae of Jewish law, especially sometimes about breaking the sabbath -- for instance by healing a leper?

5. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

I think we all instinctively know if someone says "I feel, in my heart' it carries more weight than "I think, in my head'; we have sayings like "from the bottom of my heart" and "in my heart of hearts" ...

6. RJM Corbet

RJM Corbet God Feeds the Ravens

I think in many systems such as the Kaballah, the I Ching (Taoism) and the Yoga Chakras -- the solar plexus is the centre of the Will (power), the chest is centre of the Heart (feeling) and the middle of the forehead is the centre of Mind (intellect/intuition, etc) while the Crown of the head links to 'heaven' whose attainment is the object of the seer/yogi. But the centres all have links directly to the heart?