True and false wisdom

Re: True and false wisdom / David R. Hawkins

I am astonished that noone here (I only found a very rare number of posters when I did a research) seems to know David R. Hawkins, one of his books is entitled "Truth versus Falsehood". So, in his books, you might find a lot of information about right or wrong teachings. (I found that my intuition is quite accurate, more than I could have thought before, that has strengthened my path a lot!)

some excerpts, taken from this site:
SpiritualWiki - ZitateBuch4
  • There are no longer any secrets and truth can be instantly discovered by any integrous reseacher. Truth vs. Falsehood, p. xxii
  • Research indicated that truth is actually a variable relative to an absolute constant. Truth vs. Falsehood, Author's Statement, p. ix

• Whether to reveal all that is discovered is problematic and requires reflections. The premise that occassioned the above decisions was that wisdom is the better part of valor. TvsF, last sentence Hint to the readers, p. xii
  • The possibility of the transformation from potentiality to actuality is provided by the infinite power of the primordial substrate of all existence, which alone has the power to transform the unmanifest into the realm of the manifest. Truth vs. Falsehood, S. xxvii

• Consciousness is the formless, invisible field of energy of infinite dimension and potentiality, the substrate of all existence. Truth vs. Falsehood, S. 14
  • Below consciousness level 200, the attractor fields of consciousness are primarily of an animal-group nature. Above level 200, the etheric brain emerges as a differentiated area of energy that supersedes the life of the physical body. [...]
    The 'etheric' brain thus becomes the nonphysical vehicle of an individualized spiritual content (i.e. karma). Below consiousness level 200, the individual is dominated by the collective field of consciousness of that level from which a uniquely personal, spiritualized etheric brain has yet to evolve and only does so by the exercise of free choice, which can take the individual consciousness level above the critical point of 200. [...]
    One profound consequence of the emergence of an etheric brain is its survival of a physical death and the accumulation of karmic patterns. While karmic evolutionary patterns develop below consiousness level 200, they do so in the collective field of consciousness that dominates the levels below 200. They actually do not become individualized as such until the consciousness level reach 200 (calibrates as "true"). Truth vs. Falsehood, S. 65-68
  • Notable in the calibrations is the very major drop in the level of Christianity from the First Century, where it was in the 800's and 900's, to 485 after the council of Nicea in 325 AD. This was the consequence of the inclusion of the Old Testament (cal. 190) and Revelation (cal. 70) in the official Bible (see chapter 18). While the fall of man is allegorical (the story calibrates at 60), the downside was the naive belief and consequent emphasis on guilt and sin. With research, the 'fall of man' is the emergence of dualistic thinking (i.e. the tree of good and evil) which was the trap man fell into out of a seduction of curiosity. (This explanation calibrates at 995). Truth vs. Falsehood, S. 335

• Low calibrations prevail in variants of New Ageism, which push credibility to the limits with glamorized claims of extraterrestrials, spirit guides, guardian angels, and prophesies of earth disasters. Other sources are claims of secret codes of God hidden in various disguises such as the stones in the pyramids, the Hebrew alphabet, DNA, famous paintings, and other imaginative obscurities. New Ageism (despite its own erroneous beliefs) is not, technically speaking, "spiritual," but instead is actually "astral" in its practices and interests. Truth vs. Falsehood, S. 360
  • ...The world of pseudospiritual fantasy also produces the imaginings of "Indigo children, star children, star families, star people, fifth-dimension incoming messengers of the future," etc. Common to all of these is a sense of uniqueness; magic; romanticized, naïve, imaginative fantasy; and the attraction of "specialness" itself. Truth vs. Falsehood, S. 360

• ...The ego is attracted to the limitation of form, whereas the essence of Divinity is beyond all form, yet innate within it. Truth vs. Falsehood, S. 361
  • From the viewpoint of the evolution of consciousness, atheism results from the refusal or inability to let go of the illusion that the narcissistic core of the ego is sovereign and is the source of one's life and existence. Truth vs. Falsehood, S. 361
----------------------
As it is a German website, "page"="p." is abbreviated "S.".
See also:
Veritas Publishing

David R. Hawkins revealed the truth in Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism, (etc), and the falsehood of certain interpretation of these.

Also, he insists as many teachings do, on the difference of "knowing about" and "knowing". You may know a lot about God, but what do you really "know"? The first thing we might want to seek is experiences to tell us, what is it about, where is our path.
As I see it, the spiritual path may take three forms, none is better than the other, each complements the others, and there may be times in our life where the one or the other is more important.

These are: the path of knowledge (through more or less direct experiences), of service (work) and of devotion. All three have been elaborated in Hinduism, and partially in other teachings.

The two wings...

Buddhism is often described as being a bird in that it requires two wings to be able to fly: wisdom and compassion.

s.

Religion and Science are inter-twined with each other and cannot be separated. These are the two wings with which humanity must fly. One wing is not enough. Every religion which does not concern itself with Science is mere tradition, and that is not the essential. Therefore science, education and civilization are most important necessities for the full religious life.

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Abdu'l-Baha in London, p. 28

I am astonished that noone here (I only found a very rare number of posters when I did a research) seems to know David R. Hawkins, one of his books is entitled "Truth versus Falsehood". So, in his books, you might find a lot of information about right or wrong teachings. (I found that my intuition is quite accurate, more than I could have thought before, that has strengthened my path a lot!)

some excerpts, taken from this site:
SpiritualWiki - ZitateBuch4
----------------------
As it is a German website, "page"="p." is abbreviated "S.".
See also:
Veritas Publishing

David R. Hawkins revealed the truth in Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism, (etc), and the falsehood of certain interpretation of these.

Also, he insists as many teachings do, on the difference of "knowing about" and "knowing". You may know a lot about God, but what do you really "know"? The first thing we might want to seek is experiences to tell us, what is it about, where is our path.
As I see it, the spiritual path may take three forms, none is better than the other, each complements the others, and there may be times in our life where the one or the other is more important.

These are: the path of knowledge (through more or less direct experiences), of service (work) and of devotion. All three have been elaborated in Hinduism, and partially in other teachings.

Actually Estrella I have read all of his books, I think Snoopy might have read them a bit also, but my memory isn't all that it used to be.
I find his books and ideas interesting, but in practice I note that more research needs doing.
Do you have a partner that can help you practice the techniques?

I am astonished that noone here (I only found a very rare number of posters when I did a research) seems to know David R. Hawkins

Try as "we" might, we can't know everything! So it's a good job you've joined us :)

Everyone brings something to the party :)

even if it's only cocktail sticks :eek:

...sorry....................

Actually Estrella I have read all of his books, I think Snoopy might have read them a bit also, but my memory isn't all that it used to be.
I find his books and ideas interesting, but in practice I note that more research needs doing. Do you have a partner that can help you practice the techniques?
Do you mean the k-testing with practicing?
No, I have no help, and I did not yet begin with k-testing. I would point out two sides of Hawkins' "teachings": the first are the k-testing side, the other is the teachings in themselves: the spiritual path. And even without k-testing, there is a lot of wisdom there. And concerning the k-testing: his own results in the books (published in parts on the site I've mentioned) are of a lot of help, too. So, as I've never yet encountered a "religion" or "teachings" that I can completely take over for me, Hawkins' books showed me that yet, all that sounded right for me (together with my own experiences) had been in the realm of truth.
For instance you may know from the books which path (religion or whatever) is sane to follow, which is not. I have not only read Hawkins, either. But I've not read many things..... each time just enough to go on.
and ...... Snoopy, thanks for the ;)welcome:)

I think Snoopy might have read them a bit also, but my memory isn't all that it used to be.

Neither's mine :p

My memory says it's never heard of him. :)

s.

Buddhism is often described as being a bird in that it requires two wings to be able to fly: wisdom and compassion.
I believe Korean Buddhists specify these: wisdom, compassion, and fearlessness. That would explain why Korean birds have three wings. :)

I believe Korean Buddhists specify these: wisdom, compassion, and fearlessness. That would explain why Korean birds have three wings. :)

Maybe that's a sort of guidance system, like a dorsal fin :rolleyes:

s.

I have often wondered, if it is true that we operate from a conditioned mind, what part of our programming seeks to uncover our own self-deception? Is what we call "wisdom" an innate yet sleeping quality within us? When do we become so enamored of the truth that we are willing to throw away everything we think we know to truly see "things as it is"
I found this little free download, a conversation between Steven Harrison and Martin Kreschnecht {SP?} to be intriguing.
Doing Nothing - Self-Deception and the Fires of Transformation

5 hours :eek:

s.

I have often wondered, if it is true that we operate from a conditioned mind, what part of our programming seeks to uncover our own self-deception? Is what we call "wisdom" an innate yet sleeping quality within us? When do we become so enamored of the truth that we are willing to throw away everything we think we know to truly see "things as it is"
Indeed there is some higher power operating in us, which acts continuously on our being. It is indeed not a part of the programming. Wisdom is the knowledge of what is, and we get it by connecting to the higher Source, the connection is first felt as intuition. Then in time it becomes more and more firm.

Indeed there is some higher power operating in us, which acts continuously on our being. It is indeed not a part of the programming. Wisdom is the knowledge of what is, and we get it by connecting to the higher Source, the connection is first felt as intuition. Then in time it becomes more and more firm.

It would then stand to reason that this higher power is not differentiated not separated as traditional religion might point out. Now mysticism comes into play and says this power operates through us and as us.
The illusion of separation dissolves as the emphasis on the ego or self dissolves.
At that point I think we can choose to operate through ego as our needful persona but knowing the reality of non differentiate, non-dualistic existence.

It would then stand to reason that this higher power is not differentiated not separated as traditional religion might point out. Now mysticism comes into play and says this power operates through us and as us.
The illusion of separation dissolves as the emphasis on the ego or self dissolves.
At that point I think we can choose to operate through ego as our needful persona but knowing the reality of non differentiate, non-dualistic existence.
...and your point is...moot. (damn it I used a non sequeter to express a non issue).

Did you mean a non sequitur? That it doesn't follow that my point is moot? sorry to be dense Q the doc has me on hydrocodone after jaw surgery, I must be rambling.

Did you mean a non sequitur? That it doesn't follow that my point is moot? sorry to be dense Q the doc has me on hydrocodone after jaw surgery, I must be rambling.
I differ, but watch where you swing that sword... (lol) :D

Oh, I see, quite right for you to differ.
Actually, it was a periodontist and a very little knife that did the deed. Bone grafts and implants and all that. should be right as rain in a few months.

Back