the earlier Jews and Christians recognize prophet Muhammad and expect his coming

clearer fulfillment of the prophecy of Muhammad [pbuh] is found in Isaiah chapter 42:

1. "Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles." Also called "My Messenger" in verse 19. No doubt all Prophets were indeed servants, messengers and elect of Allah. Yet no Prophet is universally called by these titles as Muhammad (pbuh) in Arabic "Abduhu wa Rasuluhul Mustafa" i.e. His slave servant and His elected Messenger.

2. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street." This describes the decency of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

3. "...he shall bring forth judgment unto truth."

4. "He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law." This is to be compared with Jesus, who did not prevail over his enemies and was disappointed because of the rejection by the Israelites.

5. "I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;" "and will keep thee," i.e. no other Prophet will come after him. In a short time many Gentiles were guided into Islam.

6. "To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house." "Blind eyes, life of darkness" denotes here the pagan life. "Bring out the prisoners from the prison" denotes the abolishment of slavery for the first time in the history of mankind.

7. "Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them. Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof." "A new song", as it is not in Hebrew or Aramaic, but Arabic. The praise of God and His Messenger Muhammad (pbuh) is chanted five times daily from the minarets of millions of mosques all over the world.

8. "Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains." From mount Arafat near Mecca the Pilgrims chant every year the following: "Here I come [for your service] O, Allah. Here I come. Here I come. There is no partner with you. Here I come. Verily Yours is the praise, the blessings and sovereignty. There is no partner besides You." Isaiah 42 can never be applied to an Israelite Prophet as Kedar is the second son of Ishmael. See Genesis 25:13.

9. "Let them give glory unto the Lord, and declare his praise in the islands." And really Islam spread to the small islands as far as Indonesia and the Caribbean Sea.

10. "...he shall prevail against his enemies." In a short period the Kingdom of God on earth was established with the advent of Muhammad (pbuh). The 42nd chapter of Isaiah describes exactly the character of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

This post have the most important and informative ideas according to me,,,no one discussed it:)

perhaps that's because you're not interested in discussion. you appear to be interested in why you're right and everyone else should just agree with you. isaiah is not talking about muhammad. all references to the "servant" refer to "my servant jacob", in other words, the jewish people. seeing as it's a jewish prophecy, i wouldn't have thought shoehorning jesus, let alone muhammad into it would make any sense. the future stuff is more likely to refer to the masih, but to my knowledge muhammad never claimed this title, leaving it for isa/jesus, but in any case we don't accept this, because jesus's parameters do not fit our requirements. are all jews living in israel? i don't think so. is there world peace and universal morality? i don't think so. look at the text in total, rather than just the bits that suit you and you'll see that it's describing a scenario which has yet to occur.

b'shalom

bananabrain

Namaste HaSsy,

thank you for the post.

Helllo,

First of all my buddhist freind there here is a link you will be very interested in. A scholar who has memorised every scripture, torah, bible, buddhist and hindu scriputres.

Dr. Naik does not claim to have memorized all the Buddhist Suttas and this information was published by him.

Here is a link for you regarding muhammad(saw) in the buddhist scriptures.

INTRODUCTION TO BUDDHISTS

please read the first part of my rebuttal to this Muslim disinformation regarding my religion here:

http://www.comparative-religion.com/forum/buddhist-response-to-dr-naik-1920.html

suffice it to say that the information which you've been taught about my religion is not correct.

metta,

~v

Maybe, maybe not. If Muhammad was the chosen prophet by God, how come Islam is only second popular religion in the world? I'm not bragging about Christianity here, I'm just trying to show that there is pot luck involved in which religion gains more conversions and that westerners have always dominated. If Muhammad was really the chosen one, he must have done a bad job or God wasn't on his side? The deviating Christians got there way, so why was Muhammad sent? Yes Christians have dominated and probably suppressed the Islam religion but it really has been swinging both ways. Islamic Arabs even had Spain at one point and charged an extra tax to all Christians and made there lives a lot harder in many ways. People are people and Christians and Muslims are both people. But the message of Christ has dominated this world and as it looks it always will, maybe it’s because the message is divine or maybe it’s because the Western people made it like this with there deviation, anyway you look at it, Muhammad's word isn't the most accepted. Did he fail, or is God not on his side?

Christainity had a 600 year head start,it takes time for a faith to spread and increase in population.
Islam has done well to be 2nd and is the fastest growing religion according to some sources.
It has overtaken all the other religions and oneday will overtake christianity too.
There are more muslims today than catholics(the largest christian denomination by far).

Muhammad(pbuh) did a great job as all prophets did.
No prophet could force people to believe,their job was only to preach their message.
Noah(pbuh) preached for 950 years and only a handful believed.
Jesus(pbuh) was rejected by the majority of his own people.
That doesn't mean any of them failed,but that people failed to believe in them.

Islam has increased dramatically over 1400 years and it is increasing at an alarming rate.
But no-one can be forced to accept it and just cos there are more christians does not mean it is false.
There was a time when the christians were few in number,did that mean Jesus(pbuh) did a bad job or other pagan religions were true?

It is true that christainity has had the largest population for a long time but it has not dominated,only about 30% of the world is christian today.
For christianity to dominate it would have to have much more than 50% of the world's population.
70& would be a good domination.

Anyway this is my only post,I just wanted to answer your assertions,
many thanks.

Back