Aussie Thoughts RIP

Discussion in 'Site News' started by RJM Corbet, Nov 17, 2021.

1. RJM Corbet

RJM Corbet God Feeds the Ravens Admin

Aussie Thoughts
    https://www.interfaith.org/community/members/18609/ passed away at the weekend. Deepest condolences to his friends and family

Namaste Jesus likes this.
  2. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic) Admin

Oh, sad news. My condolences to friends and family who may be reading this. I remember him posting here. He will be missed.

3. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

I found Australia cities to be similar to American.

Aussie's posts sounded.like rural Australia similar.to US.

The stories of his upbringing and the bible round the table sounded like something like Little House on Prairie Home Companion

4. Namaste Jesus

Namaste Jesus Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai Moderator

Not sure it was ever mentioned, but Aussie was born with a congenital heart defect that caused blood to flow backwards. It didn't slow him down in the least, but put him at greater risk for heart attach and stroke. Well, apparently his condition had gotten much worse in recent years, but he never let on just how sick he was. Kinda fits now why he was in such a hurry to see his only son married and to pass on his share of the family farm.

I have heart issues myself and we often joked which one of us would be the first to go. Never thought it'd be him though. I mean, he was only 53. Last thing he said to me via messenger that night was, "looks like you're gonna win the bet mate." Had a big grin on his face when he said it too.

That's the worse part of growing older; living to see those we hold dear pass. This has been an especially bad year for me in that regard. It started when I decided to look up a couple old high school chums on Facebook and found their memorial pages instead. Then I got word the bassist from the band I was in, in the 70's had passed, leaving me the sole surviving member. Only to be followed by my mother-in-law passing in Fiji with us unable to be there due to covid shut downs. Although, they did live cast the funeral pyre on FB for us. That was both disturbing and comforting all at the same time.

But dealing with Aussie's passing is proving to be the hardest of all for me. It's like everything we did together and all the experiences we shared are so fresh in my mind, I just can't come to grips with him being gone. I mean, how can that be? Seems like only yesterday we were raising holy hell in that Fiji pub... https://www.interfaith.org/community/threads/17771/

5. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

My 90 year old mother reports of a funeral almost every month...

You are exactly correct...the older you live the more friends we lose.

Hence I am going to the local college to get some more younger friends!

Ella S. likes this.
  6. Namaste Jesus

Well that's just it. Aussie was almost 11 years younger than me.

7. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic) Admin

Thank you for that thread you posted, NJ! I feel I knew Aussie a lot better after reading it.

8. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Search, be your own guru.

Sorry to hear that. Did not have much interaction with him, but had a few. If he had some congenital problem, how come it was not treated? Valves and all.

9. Namaste Jesus

From what I understand, the structure of his heart was such that surgery was not an option. Aussie never elaborated beyond that. Like I said, his condition never really gave him any trouble, but unfortunately his heart grew weaker over time, reaching a point where it could no longer supply enough blood to major organs, ultimately shutting down completely.

Well if there's a bright side, Aussie's wife tells me his particular anomaly does not appear hereditary, but rather the result of his mother having had measles during pregnancy.

10. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Search, be your own guru.

Yeah, human body is a delicate mechanism. Things can go wrong anywhere. Healthy children are (as you would say) gift from God.
    Being an atheist, I would say chance and probability.

11. Namaste Jesus

To old friends, till we meet again, mate!
    PDVD_000.jpg

Cino, wil and RJM Corbet like this.
  12. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro Moderator

I'll have a pint (or two) in memory of Aussie when I can get to the store.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

13. Namaste Jesus

Aussie's passing was rough, but that photo always cracks me up. It's a screen cap from what was supposed to be a promo we shot years ago to introduce our video venture. Aussie's the one with the hat.

Well, Aussie was quite the character in those days and introduced me as his twin brother. Kinda took me by surprise so camera rolling I says to him, "I'm 10 years older than you!" Aussie comes back with, "Not my fault mom was stubborn." That's why I'm laughing in the pic and as I sit here tonight. :)

Cino and wil like this.