The Left Hand Path

Hello Amir

When I first read your name with the subtitle "Shaitnist" I thought that you are worshipping the evil and that you must be somehow mentally ill. Meanwhile, I have learned that my image of what you think was wrong. Still, I wonder why you invoke that name. What's the reason behind?

A rabbihole starter kit.

As I peruse I contemplate the connection between mithraism and gnosticism with Christianity and wonder about a similar chart of native American religions. (North and South)
Rabbi hole?

A chart connecting various Native American religions may be problematic without being immersed in the culture(s). Academia still hasn't settled on who arrived first and when...Clovis or Solutrean? I think the prevailing presumption is North to South, but there are some anomalies that make a student pause. It does seem to me a legitimate matter of consideration going from seeking the blessing of Wakan Tanka to human sacrifice to deliberately misshaping an infant's skull moving North to Central to South America. Central America in particular seems to have some cultural oddities that suggest a non-linear relationship, and possible direct associations with Africa.

1690309532456.png

Last edited:
Reactions: wil
Hello Amir

When I first read your name with the subtitle "Shaitnist" I thought that you are worshipping the evil and that you must be somehow mentally ill. Meanwhile, I have learned that my image of what you think was wrong. Still, I wonder why you invoke that name. What's the reason behind?
Well first off the subtitle is 'Šayṭānist' which is different than 'Shaitanist' (which I assume you meant).

Secondly, there is no worship on the Western Left Hand Path other than one's Greater Self.

Finally, Evil is subjective, one man's evil is another man's good, it's that illusion of duality which is being discussed in another thread.

Iblīs Šaytān is the Supreme Model of Separation between “I” and “Consciousness” which is a predominant concept for us on the western Left Hand Path.

Iblīs Šaytān is the Supreme Model of Separation between “I” and “Consciousness” which is a predominant concept for us on the western Left Hand Path.
Which one is considered the Greater Self?

Interesting, the experience I call "consciousness" is profoundly lacking any individualistic aspects. Maybe we call different phenomena "consciousness"?

Interesting, the experience I call "consciousness" is profoundly lacking any individualistic aspects. Maybe we call different phenomena "consciousness"?
I would say that your Consciousness is everything about your individual, unique Self.
Consciousness/Psyche/Soul/Greater Self . . .

How do you call that which "lights up" to perception the Psyche/Soul/Greater Self?

I would call that consciousness, but that's different from the phenomena arising in it, such as the Self.

How do you call that which "lights up" to perception the Psyche/Soul/Greater Self?

I would call that consciousness, but that's different from the phenomena arising in it, such as the Self.
Could you elaborate on what you mean by "lights up to perception"?

My usage of these terms:

Perception is a rather mechanical process, sights get processed by the nervous system, or a memory or thought is apprehended, for example.

Consciousness lights up these perceptions, they gain significance, they are observed.

The perceptions which, when made conscious, make up my sense of who I am, my sense of Self, are in this context perceptions like all the other perceptions.

That's what I meant when I wrote that consciousness lacks individualistic aspects.

A very Buddhist way of using these terms, but it fits my observations well.

My usage of these terms:

Perception is a rather mechanical process, sights get processed by the nervous system, or a memory or thought is apprehended, for example.

Consciousness lights up these perceptions, they gain significance, they are observed.

The perceptions which, when made conscious, make up my sense of who I am, my sense of Self, are in this context perceptions like all the other perceptions.

That's what I meant when I wrote that consciousness lacks individualistic aspects.

A very Buddhist way of using these terms, but it fits my observations well.
Ok thank you.
For me, Perception is the way of understanding or interpreting something, Gnosis is the deepest understanding of something
Consciousness is not being 'conscious' so to speak, it is the awareness by the mind of itself.

Are we saying the same thing?

Are we saying the same thing?
Sounds like it, though we seem to draw different conclusions.

Awareness by the mind of itself - the "itself" seems to imply a kind of loop-back which may just be a manner of speaking, but which to me is incidental.

Maybe this is where our world-views differ?

Not wishing to derail this interesting thread ... do I assume then there is no view of a meta-human consciousness in the LHP?

(Background being RHP (I would think) generally assumes human intellect and a higher intellect which is other than the self.)

Sounds like it, though we seem to draw different conclusions.

Awareness by the mind of itself - the "itself" seems to imply a kind of loop-back which may just be a manner of speaking, but which to me is incidental.

Maybe this is where our world-views differ?
Perhaps it is!
The idea that we all have a Greater Self/GodSelf (Higher Self/Soul/Psyche) is the dominant feature of the Western Left Hand Path. It is the foundation of the praxis, becoming aware of one's GodSelf, opening avenues of communication with one's GodSelf, and bringing more of one's GodSelf into one's mundane existence. This is referred to in The Sect of the Horned God as Sinister Illumination (apotheosis).

In my Work with the Æ0N 0f IBLĪS ŠAYTĀN we embrace the praxis just mentioned as well as a LHP form of Phowa whereupon physical death we transfer our Consciousness to our GodSelf and enter a Subjective Universe that we have been designing and creating for ourselves where we are the Deity.

The idea that we all have a Greater Self/GodSelf (Higher Self/Soul/Psyche) is the dominant feature of the Western Left Hand Path. It is the foundation of the praxis, becoming aware of one's GodSelf, opening avenues of communication with one's GodSelf, and bringing more of one's GodSelf into one's mundane existence. This is referred to in The Sect of the Horned God as Sinister Illumination (apotheosis).

In my Work with the Æ0N 0f IBLĪS ŠAYTĀN we embrace the praxis just mentioned as well as a LHP form of Phowa whereupon physical death we transfer our Consciousness to our GodSelf and enter a Subjective Universe that we have been designing and creating for ourselves where we are the Deity.
In other worlds we call this egoism ... or self-delusion ... the subjective Universe speaks for itself as a psychic confinement.

You're not a deity in my world, chum! ;)

In other worlds we call this egoism ... or self-delusion ... the subjective Universe speaks for itself as a psychic confinement.

You're not a deity in my world, chum! ;)
Following your mandate . . . you're not a LHP Adherent, so GET OUT OF MY FORUM!

Back