Mercuraen?

Did you miss post #76? :confused:
Answered.

As to my other question, I find the influence of Theravada Buddhism on Thelema very intetesting, which is why I dangled the Allan Bennett reference. Is Thelema considered RHP because of Crowley's comments about the "Black Brothers of the Left Hand"? His remarks about the absurdity (and therefore utility) of the concept of the Holy Guardian Angel seem to sit well with what I've learned about LHP here.

These "six sense bases" (for readers less familiar with Buddhism, the intellect is considered a sixth sense organ which is to cognition of thoughts what the eye is to the seeing of images) are "the All" then. This teaching is also echoed in the "Advice to Bahiya", where it is summarized as, "... in the seen only the seen ..." (for each of the senses).

Is solipsism considered a valid stance in LHP?
Nihilistic solipsism? Someone might find a way to make that work. It's not my cup of tea.

Answered.

As to my other question, I find the influence of Theravada Buddhism on Thelema very intetesting, which is why I dangled the Allan Bennett reference. Is Thelema considered RHP because of Crowley's comments about the "Black Brothers of the Left Hand"? His remarks about the absurdity (and therefore utility) of the concept of the Holy Guardian Angel seem to sit well with what I've learned about LHP here.
Crowley obviously considered it to be RHP, and is the one who set the criteria for it.

These "six sense bases" (for readers less familiar with Buddhism, the intellect is considered a sixth sense organ which is to cognition of thoughts what the eye is to the seeing of images) are "the All" then. This teaching is also echoed in the "Advice to Bahiya", where it is summarized as, "... in the seen only the seen ..." (for each of the senses).
For a bit more clarity: the six sense bases are the limit of our range. It is "The All" we can experience. It doesn't mean that there is nothing outside of this range, it just means we can't describe it because we can't experience it. We can use tools to expand the information we can gather, such as telescopes, microscopes, any kind of scientific equipment, or we can expand our consciousness to open up new ways of perception and reasoning, but we are still limited by the extent that the tools and techniques can open things up to us. We need to recognize our limits in this regard, so we don't fall into delusion.

For a bit more clarity: the six sense bases are the limit of our range. It is "The All" we can experience. It doesn't mean that there is nothing outside of this range, it just means we can't describe it because we can't experience it. We can use tools to expand the information we can gather, such as telescopes, microscopes, any kind of scientific equipment, or we can expand our consciousness to open up new ways of perception and reasoning, but we are still limited by the extent that the tools and techniques can open things up to us. We need to recognize our limits in this regard, so we don't fall into delusion.
" because we can't experience it" . . . what good is a belief system that doesn't enable you to experience the Truth? :confused:

MERCURALIA
May 15 2022

The Mercurial mind is a flexible mind, able to respond to change. This greatest of archetypes, Mercury is used to connect the conscious with the unconscious as we seek to resurrect our Lower Self into our Higher Self as the Phoenix from its own ashes. Those who make this conscious sacrifice risk raising the shadow as well as the treasure. Conscious suffering has to be accepted before wisdom can be acquired.

The various deities of the mercurial archetype are representations of the prototypical magus and trickster. This archetype is classically associated with communication and intellect. Inspiration and brilliance of mind occur when one has exhausted the possibilities of conscious deliberation and one’s mind sinks into partial vacuity and relaxation, this is when the Mystai astounds one’s self with a sudden Gnosis.

MERCURALIA
May 15 2022

The Mercurial mind is a flexible mind, able to respond to change. This greatest of archetypes, Mercury is used to connect the conscious with the unconscious as we seek to resurrect our Lower Self into our Higher Self as the Phoenix from its own ashes. Those who make this conscious sacrifice risk raising the shadow as well as the treasure. Conscious suffering has to be accepted before wisdom can be acquired.

The various deities of the mercurial archetype are representations of the prototypical magus and trickster. This archetype is classically associated with communication and intellect. Inspiration and brilliance of mind occur when one has exhausted the possibilities of conscious deliberation and one’s mind sinks into partial vacuity and relaxation, this is when the Mystai astounds one’s self with a sudden Gnosis.
Koan work is an effective means by which to plug into this.

Koan work is an effective means by which to plug into this.
Like this . . .
upload_2022-5-15_18-49-42.png

Back