Mercuraen?

Leveller

Reaction score
Hi, I see @Etu Malku and @seattlegal using the term 'Mercuraen'.
I would really like some info on this, please, as I know absolutely zero about it. I googled it but did not find any clear definitions.

Dang good catch!

For some reason I thought I knew the definition... I thought it meant slippery, something you could not quite grasp, quick, elusive.

Appears I have made all that up looking in actual dictionaries!

Hi, I see @Etu Malku and @seattlegal using the term 'Mercuraen'.
I would really like some info on this, please, as I know absolutely zero about it. I googled it but did not find any clear definitions.
Mercurænism is the practice, system, and philosophy of the Herald of the Dawn based on the attributes of the archetype Mercury, the element Mercury (Hg80), and the planet mythology Mercury.

Thank you all for what is here so far.
@RJM Corbet This is very interesting. I had recently come across references to Hermeticism as something with parallels in Taoism, so I was planning to look into it.
@'Amir Alzzalam Many thanks, I was unaware of the Mercury archetype. This is another area I want to dig into.

Thank you @seattlegal it is an excellent video.
I will have to spend some time on what has been gathered here. Thanks to all.

The Tao of Mercury

"Know that our Mercury is before the eyes of all men though it is known to few!"
-Eirenaeus Philalethes

Poured into a vessel, Mercury takes the shape of that vessel.
This is the Mercuræn Mind.
When you look at Mercury you never see it, for it is a mirror reflecting the World around it.
This is the Mercuræn Soul.
When Mercury is free it beads up, and each bead reflects the World around it.
This is the Microcosm.
Eventually, Mercury will Flow back together.
This is the Primacy of Darkness.
The "S" that is created by Yin and Yang is the Mercuræn River.
This river reflects the contents of our Unconscious Mind.
The Whole of the Cosmos is reflected in the Mystery of Man. You find it facing West.
In order for Mercury to not slip through your fingers, it must be Fixed and not Volatile.
This is done through Coagulation. This is the process of Individuation.
This becomes Mercurius Consciousness.

upload_2022-1-12_8-32-55.png

Eventually, Mercury will Flow back together.
This is the Primacy of Darkness.
In order for Mercury to not slip through your fingers, it must be Fixed and not Volatile.
This is done through Coagulation. This is the process of Individuation.
This becomes Mercurius Consciousness.

Very nice, this tie-in with "Solve et Coagula".

The Baphomet (Abu fi Ha Mat) is a symbol of Spiritual Alchemy

I never thought about it like that, but the left arm of Baphomet in this image is actually labeled "coagula", corresponding to characteristics of the LHP you listed here and in another thread.

I don't know whether Eliphas Lévi had this in mind when he came up with this illustration, but it is very fitting :)

I never thought about it like that, but the left arm of Baphomet in this image is actually labeled "coagula", corresponding to characteristics of the LHP you listed here and in another thread.

I don't know whether Eliphas Lévi had this in mind when he came up with this illustration, but it is very fitting :)
Levi did have the idea of the Baphomet symbolizing spiritual alchemy, brilliant occultist!

In “Dogme et Rituel- Haute Magie” by Eliphas Levi, he describes his famous Baphomet image as the following: "The goat on the frontispiece carries the sign of the pentagram on the forehead, with one point at the top, a symbol of light, his two hands forming the sign of Hermetism, the one pointing up to Hthe white moon of Chesed, the other pointing down to the black one of Geburah. This sign expresses the perfect harmony of mercy with justice. His one arm is female, the other male like the ones of the androgen of Khunrath, the attributes of which we had to unite with those of our goat because he is one and the same symbol. The flame of intelligence shining between his horns is the magic light of the universal balance, the image of the soul elevated above matter, as the flame, whilst being tied to matter, shines above it. The ugly beast's head expresses the horror of the sinner, whose materially acting, solely responsible part has to bear the punishment exclusively; because the soul is insensitive according to its nature and can only suffer when it materializes. The rod standing instead of genitals symbolizes eternal life, the body covered with scales the water, the semicircle above it the atmosphere, the feathers following above the volatile. Humanity is represented by the two breasts and the androgen arms of this sphinx of the occult sciences."

The mentioning of the flame between the horns as symbolizing the magic light of universal balance is rather significant with the mentioning of the soul being elevated above matter (Lucifer) and the flame being tied to matter shines above it (Satan). The manifestation of the Holy Guardian Angel (The True Will, the hidden genius, and the spirit of light) is also the result of invocation and desire made flesh.

Isn't that a compromise? Stick the goat's head on a normal body? Anyway it's only slightly less ugly than that Baphomet monster, lol. The posture and lotus flower look more Buddhist than Taoist? The goat's head is not at all representative of Taoism, imo

Book
https://ia803101.us.archive.org/6/i...aoist Yoga - Alchemy and Immortality_text.pdf

IO Tao Forum
https://www.interfaith.org/community/forums/tao/

Wikipedia article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neidan

Neidan
, or internal alchemy (simplified Chinese: 內丹术; traditional Chinese: 內丹術; pinyin: nèidān shù), is an array of esoteric doctrines and physical, mental, and spiritual practices that Taoist initiates use to prolong life and create an immortal spiritual body that would survive after death (Skar and Pregadio 2000, 464). Also known as Jindan (金丹 "golden elixir"), inner alchemy combines theories derived from external alchemy (waidan 外丹), correlative cosmology (including the Five Phases), the emblems of the Yijing, and medical theory, with techniques of Daoist meditation, daoyin gymnastics, and sexual hygiene (Baldrian-Hussein 2008, 762).

In Neidan the human body becomes a cauldron (or "ding") in which the Three Treasures of Jing ("Essence"), Qi ("Breath") and Shen ("Spirit") are cultivated for the purpose of improving physical, emotional and mental health, and ultimately returning to the primordial unity of the Tao, i.e., becoming an Immortal. It is believed the Xiuzhen Tu is such a cultivation map. In China, it is an important form of practice for most schools of Taoism ...

Internal alchemy focuses upon transforming the bodily sanbao "three treasures", which are the essential energies sustaining human life:

• Jing "nutritive essence, essence; refined, perfected; extract; spirit, demon; sperm, seed"
  • Qi "vitality, energy, force; air, vapor; breath; spirit, vigor; attitude"
  • Shen "spirit; soul, mind; god, deity; supernatural being"
According to the 13th-century Book of Balance and Harmony:

Making one's essence complete, one can preserve the body. To do so, first keep the body at ease, and make sure there are no desires. Thereby energy can be made complete.
Making one's energy complete, one can nurture the mind. To do so, first keep the mind pure, and make sure there are no thoughts. Thereby spirit can be made complete.
Making one's spirit complete, one can recover emptiness. To do so, first keep the will sincere, and make sure body and mind are united. Thereby spirit can be returned to emptiness. ... To attain immortality, there is nothing else but the refinement of these three treasures: essence, energy, spirit." (tr. Kohn 1956, 146).
When the "three treasures" are internally maintained, along with a balance of yin and yang, it is possible to achieve a healthy body and longevity, which are the main goals of internal alchemy (Ching 1996, 395).

Jing
Neidan practice
Jing "essence" referring to the energies of the physical body. Based upon the idea that death was caused by depleting one's jing, Daoist internal alchemy claimed that preserving jing allowed one to achieve longevity, if not immortality. (Schipper 1993, 154)

Qi
Qi or ch'i is defined as the "natural energy of the universe" and manifests in everyone and everything (Carroll 2008). By means of internal alchemy, Taoists strive to obtain a positive flow of qi through the body in paths moving to each individual organ (Smith 1986, 201).

Healing practices such as acupuncture, massage, cupping and herbal medicines are believed to open up the qi meridians throughout the body so that the qi can flow freely. Keeping qi in balance and flowing throughout the body promotes health; imbalance can lead to sickness.

Shen
Shen is the original spirit of the body. Taoists try to become conscious of shen through meditation

Read full Wiki article

Just trying to clear it up for @Leveller and others who might get confused ... between Satanism and Taoism, I mean ...

Last edited:
Isn't that a compromise? Stick the goat's head on a normal body? Anyway it's only slightly less ugly than that Baphomet monster, lol. The posture and lotus flower look more Buddhist than Taoist? The goat's head is not at all representative of Taoism, imo

Book
Taoist Yoga and Alchemy

IO Tao Forum
https://www.interfaith.org/community/forums/tao/

Wikipedia article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neidan

Neidan
, or internal alchemy (simplified Chinese: 內丹术; traditional Chinese: 內丹術; pinyin: nèidān shù), is an array of esoteric doctrines and physical, mental, and spiritual practices that Taoist initiates use to prolong life and create an immortal spiritual body that would survive after death (Skar and Pregadio 2000, 464). Also known as Jindan (金丹 "golden elixir"), inner alchemy combines theories derived from external alchemy (waidan 外丹), correlative cosmology (including the Five Phases), the emblems of the Yijing, and medical theory, with techniques of Daoist meditation, daoyin gymnastics, and sexual hygiene (Baldrian-Hussein 2008, 762).

In Neidan the human body becomes a cauldron (or "ding") in which the Three Treasures of Jing ("Essence"), Qi ("Breath") and Shen ("Spirit") are cultivated for the purpose of improving physical, emotional and mental health, and ultimately returning to the primordial unity of the Tao, i.e., becoming an Immortal. It is believed the Xiuzhen Tu is such a cultivation map. In China, it is an important form of practice for most schools of Taoism ...

Internal alchemy focuses upon transforming the bodily sanbao "three treasures", which are the essential energies sustaining human life:

• Jing "nutritive essence, essence; refined, perfected; extract; spirit, demon; sperm, seed"
  • Qi "vitality, energy, force; air, vapor; breath; spirit, vigor; attitude"
  • Shen "spirit; soul, mind; god, deity; supernatural being"
According to the 13th-century Book of Balance and Harmony:

Making one's essence complete, one can preserve the body. To do so, first keep the body at ease, and make sure there are no desires. Thereby energy can be made complete.
Making one's energy complete, one can nurture the mind. To do so, first keep the mind pure, and make sure there are no thoughts. Thereby spirit can be made complete.
Making one's spirit complete, one can recover emptiness. To do so, first keep the will sincere, and make sure body and mind are united. Thereby spirit can be returned to emptiness. ... To attain immortality, there is nothing else but the refinement of these three treasures: essence, energy, spirit." (tr. Kohn 1956, 146).
When the "three treasures" are internally maintained, along with a balance of yin and yang, it is possible to achieve a healthy body and longevity, which are the main goals of internal alchemy (Ching 1996, 395).

Jing
Neidan practice
Jing "essence" referring to the energies of the physical body. Based upon the idea that death was caused by depleting one's jing, Daoist internal alchemy claimed that preserving jing allowed one to achieve longevity, if not immortality. (Schipper 1993, 154)

Qi
Qi or ch'i is defined as the "natural energy of the universe" and manifests in everyone and everything (Carroll 2008). By means of internal alchemy, Taoists strive to obtain a positive flow of qi through the body in paths moving to each individual organ (Smith 1986, 201).

Healing practices such as acupuncture, massage, cupping and herbal medicines are believed to open up the qi meridians throughout the body so that the qi can flow freely. Keeping qi in balance and flowing throughout the body promotes health; imbalance can lead to sickness.

Shen
Shen is the original spirit of the body. Taoists try to become conscious of shen through meditation

Read full Wiki article

Just trying to clear it up for @Leveller and others who might get confused ... between Satanism and Taoism, I mean ...
I'm mostly messin' wid ya ;) But you do know that Taoism is all about Harmony and Spiritual Alchemy, right?
In the Tao, the sources of longevity and immortality are within the body, not as a physical womb but a spiritual one. Taoists call this spiritual womb the “cauldron”. The right method to “cook the caul dron” is not to search outwardly for love from others, but to search within the naked and abandoned self. Selflove or selfintercourse is the way to give birth to the Immortal Self. The Darkness manifests the bodily processes of “Healing Love.”

The essence of the Darkness Practice is giving birth to the soul and spirit. The coupling of Yin and Yang energies of the body in the Kan and Li meditations is aimed at overcoming death. It is the method of going back to the state in which we are all orphans, in the very depth of our body/minds.
In the Taoist tradition caves have been used throughout the ages for higher level practices. In the Tao, the cave, the Immortal Mountain, the Wu San, represents the Perfect Inner Alchemy Chamber. Meditating and fasting in the cave is the final journey of spiritual work. The caves are the Earth Mother and its energy lines. Like the hollow bones, caves contain the earliest information of life stored inside the Earth. Caves contain the vital essence of the Earth Power.

Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations.
Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness.
Darkness within darkness.
The gateway to all understanding.

I'm mostly messin' wid ya ;) But you do know that Taoism is all about Harmony and Spiritual Alchemy, right?
In the Tao, the sources of longevity and immortality are within the body, not as a physical womb but a spiritual one. Taoists call this spiritual womb the “cauldron”. The right method to “cook the caul dron” is not to search outwardly for love from others, but to search within the naked and abandoned self. Selflove or selfintercourse is the way to give birth to the Immortal Self. The Darkness manifests the bodily processes of “Healing Love.”

The essence of the Darkness Practice is giving birth to the soul and spirit. The coupling of Yin and Yang energies of the body in the Kan and Li meditations is aimed at overcoming death. It is the method of going back to the state in which we are all orphans, in the very depth of our body/minds.
In the Taoist tradition caves have been used throughout the ages for higher level practices. In the Tao, the cave, the Immortal Mountain, the Wu San, represents the Perfect Inner Alchemy Chamber. Meditating and fasting in the cave is the final journey of spiritual work. The caves are the Earth Mother and its energy lines. Like the hollow bones, caves contain the earliest information of life stored inside the Earth. Caves contain the vital essence of the Earth Power.

Woah! Somebody who has actually studied Neidan, rather than seeing Daoism as "outdated Dudeism?" I'm impressed.

In the Tao, the sources of longevity and immortality are within the body, not as a physical womb but a spiritual one. Taoists call this spiritual womb the “cauldron”. The right method to “cook the caul dron” is not to search outwardly for love from others, but to search within the naked and abandoned self. Selflove or self intercourse is the way to give birth to the Immortal Self. The Darkness manifests the bodily processes of “Healing Love.”

There's a bit of it in what you have written, but there's a lot more. It's actually a very precise physical yoga of meditations moving the fire around the channels, etc.

All the details are here:
https://ia803101.us.archive.org/6/items/LuKuanYuTaoistYogaAlchemyAndImmortality/Lu K'uan Yu - Taoist Yoga - Alchemy and Immortality_text.pdf

Taoist alchemy has nothing to do with Satanism and everything to do with I Ching ... imo

Last edited:
There's a bit of it in what you have written, but there's a lot more. It's actually a very precise physical yoga of meditations moving the fire around the channels, etc.

All the details are here:
https://ia803101.us.archive.org/6/items/LuKuanYuTaoistYogaAlchemyAndImmortality/Lu K'uan Yu - Taoist Yoga - Alchemy and Immortality_text.pdf

Taoist alchemy has nothing to do with Satanism and everything to do with I Ching ... imo
There's a Left Hand Path to everything . . . you just have to know where to look.

Back