New HOMEPAGE Design by Aupmanyav

@Thomas

So: no suggestions at this late stage? To the mobile page, perhaps?

I do not know the ways of WordPress, if someone could give me a hand to load the page. :)
It does not seem to accept html 5 rows. Now, how is that? The page is pure html 5.
Note: The latest changes are with me. Here is the .zip (I removed one or two false entries).
Best viewed in landscape style.

Attachments

• Interfaith.zip
    222.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
The marquee for symbols images at the bottom is now working. That means a new .zip file.
Loaded it at tiiny.site. Have a look.

Attachments

• Interfaith.zip
    222.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Looks good, Aup :)

Last edited:
I like it!

Is there a way it can be continuous? And endless loop? I feel as it is there could be an implication that Christianity comes first?

And the two going opposite directions at first was distracting but grew on me.

Really pleased with what you are doing thou...

And feeling a little bad about saying the cookies could use more cinnamon....i am thankful for the cookies.

If you need more symbols Idk if you can turn any of these white..
file_1ad98b0814_original.jpg

I feel as it is there could be an implication that Christianity comes first?
Is there a way it can be continuous? And endless loop?
And the two going opposite directions at first was distracting but grew on me.
Why should Christianity not come first? It is the largest religion of the world, and marketing-wise, our largest clientele at Interfaith.
It is an endless loop. If you want it to be repeated without much break, that can be done. The speed can be controlled.
I will check if I can make the image marquee go the other way. I liked that way better than both going in the same direction, although this too is not bad.
Do we have the WordPress figured out? Do I need to grab an outsider?
Wait. Cino is trying, I am also trying.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: wil
New development: I have found that both the marquees, text and image, can be run with just one code, enabling me to remove the longer code for the image marquee.
The Con is that the two marquees cannot be controlled by code individually, and both marquees will be centered together (on their two tracks) moving with the same speed.
However, the fun is that they can be de-synchronized with the cursor. We can stop one and let the other move and vice-versa. :D
I won't load that code on tiiny.site for the moment, but I have saved that on my computer. Members may find it amusing.
Another development: I have been able to make the symbols image responsive, i.e., it will get proportionately smaller when accessed on mobile. That is a big +.

2.1.jpg

IMHO, the design part is over with this, unless you make a request.

Last edited:
These two experiments have not succeeded. It is OK on mobile but we get a large symbols image in the marquee on desktop. Therefore, I have reverted to the earlier format (i.e., with two separate script codes).

Somebody needs to fix the home page…. Now.

What’s appearing now is not the stodgy, but usable, page nor Aup’s more attractive page. The page showing up now has no explicit mention of a forum or how to access it.

Last edited:
What's happened there? Ive just seen it. Thanks @RabbiO

@RJM , we could easily add the following two under 'other links'. Would you like me to add any or both?
Recent Posts: https://www.interfaith.org/community/find-new/87042597/posts
Recent Activity: https://www.interfaith.org/community/recent-activity/

Another thing, if members 1. download the .zip file on their own computers, 2. Extract the files in a new folder, 3. Click interfith.html, 4. and when the new home page opens, 5. they can bookmark it. That way they can access the new home page without making any changes in the current structure of Interfaith.org. All files would add to less than half an MB (to be exact, 453 kilobytes). Of course, it is a stop-gap arrangement.

If the two links are to be added, then I can create a new .zip file, and upload it here. I access the new home page in that way. :)

Back