Hi

The Bible, like the holy scriptures of many other faiths, is 'the finger pointing at the moon'. It is the shell of the nut; it is the living truth contained within that nourishes the individual soul -- not fixation upon the words themselves
IMO
It is actually the Words that are most important, how can we be guided without it?

I believe Jesus came to show exactly that: it is the spirit not the letter of the words that matters most. Now they do the same with what he said, and even manage to manipulate his words to bigotry, war and violence
I agree, some use the Bible for there own gain or power over others which is not what Jesus teaches.

Not to all people, at any rate. I maintain an open mind by acknowledging that different people see the world through fundamentally different lenses.

We can observe the death of a person and the decay of the body on the organic level. This is scientific truth. We can agree on that.

We have many differen religious and spiritual views about dying and death on a spiritual level. The only thing they all agree on is that it is an important topic.

Since we never really hear from the deceased, only ever from the mouths of living persons, I have concluded that death is only important to the living, not to the dead. That is something we might call Truth?
Who would the dead be?
Is eternity not 1mil times more important than the time on this earth?

I am a lover of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.

Hopefully we will have exciting discussions... :D

Welcome, it is great to be a lover of Jesus the Christ, indeed very great :)

I can offer you may interesting challenging and very exciting discussions. ;):):D I will give an example to start the journey.

We must note though, it is not I that offered a challenge to all Christians. Here was the challenge sent to Napoleon.

"O KING of Paris! Tell the priest to ring the bells no longer. By God, the True One! The Most Mighty Bell hath appeared in the form of Him Who is the Most Great Name, and the fingers of the will of Thy Lord, the Most Exalted, the Most High, toll it out in the heaven of Immortality, in His name, the All-Glorious. Thus have the mighty verses of Thy Lord been again sent down unto thee, that thou mayest arise to remember God, the Creator of earth and heaven, in these days when all the tribes of the earth have mourned, and the foundations of the cities have trembled, and the dust of irreligion hath enwrapped all men, except such as God, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise, was pleased to spare. Say: He Who is the Unconditioned is come, in the clouds of light, that He may quicken all created things with the breeze of His Name, the Most Merciful, and unify the world, and gather all men around this Table which hath been sent down from heaven. Beware that ye deny not the favour of God after it hath been sent down unto you. Better is this for you than that which ye possess; for that which is yours perisheth, whilst that which is with God endureth.........."

This is the bell that now rings around the world for all Christians

So, are you ready for this? Welcome.

Regards Tony

Welcome, it is great to be a lover of Jesus the Christ, indeed very great :)

I can offer you may interesting challenging and very exciting discussions. ;):):D I will give an example to start the journey.

We must note though, it is not I that offered a challenge to all Christians. Here was the challenge sent to Napoleon.

"O KING of Paris! Tell the priest to ring the bells no longer. By God, the True One! The Most Mighty Bell hath appeared in the form of Him Who is the Most Great Name, and the fingers of the will of Thy Lord, the Most Exalted, the Most High, toll it out in the heaven of Immortality, in His name, the All-Glorious. Thus have the mighty verses of Thy Lord been again sent down unto thee, that thou mayest arise to remember God, the Creator of earth and heaven, in these days when all the tribes of the earth have mourned, and the foundations of the cities have trembled, and the dust of irreligion hath enwrapped all men, except such as God, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise, was pleased to spare. Say: He Who is the Unconditioned is come, in the clouds of light, that He may quicken all created things with the breeze of His Name, the Most Merciful, and unify the world, and gather all men around this Table which hath been sent down from heaven. Beware that ye deny not the favour of God after it hath been sent down unto you. Better is this for you than that which ye possess; for that which is yours perisheth, whilst that which is with God endureth.........."

This is the bell that now rings around the world for all Christians

So, are you ready for this? Welcome.

Regards Tony
Hi Tony,
This is happening, it is the season before the tribulation. My salvation is in His capable hands, I have faith in Him that He will save me and that He died for me...
He is coming to get His bride...

" ... He who is called Krishna is also called Siva, and bears the name of the Primal Energy, Jesus, and Allah as well - the same Rama with a thousand names. A lake has several Ghats.

At one, the Hindus take water in pitchers and call it 'Jal' ; at another the Muslims take water in leather bags and call it 'pani'. At a third the Christians call it 'water'. Can we imagine that it is not 'Jal' , but only 'pani' or 'water'? How ridiculous! The substance is One under different names, and everyone is seeking the same substance; only climate, temperament, and name create differences. Let each man follow his own path. If he sincerely and ardently wishes to know God, peace be unto him! He will surely realize Him"
(Ramakrishna Paramahansa)

@Yahweh kid

Perhaps you could start a thread to discuss some of these issues? Are you a young earther?

Are you a young earther?... Yes I am.
Every person makes their own decision which path they want to take, hopefully they will drink from the water of Life.
JOHN 7:37-38 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and shouted, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”

I do not believe that all the Scriptures in this world comes from the same "God"...
Well, I believe there is but one God. However like yourself, I do not believe all that is written is God's inspired word, nor every translation or interpretation necessarily accurate.
...do you mind showing me any scriptures that say God has a begotten Son like the Bible do?
I don't know of any that use that exact phrasing, no. I believe Jesus is unique in that regard, fulfilling a specific purpose. I do not believe that was the only time God appeared in human form though. Hindu scripture documents many such instances and though highly contested, some even believe the Vedas contain references to Jesus. I was first made aware of that from Hindu clergy in my wife's country. I've not read them myself. I have read the Bhagavad Gita though. A lot of the same things Jesus advocated can be found there, albeit presented in an entirely different fashion.

Reactions: RJM
Welcome Yahweh Kid to the forum. Hope you have a nice time ere.
"When we jump off a bridge will we fall.....is this the truth or are there other truths?": It depends. If we fall in water, we can swim ashore. Not necessary that we will die.

But since you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, there is no other truth for you.

But there are people who do not accept that Jesus was the Son of God. They claim that Bible has been corrupted, and God has sent his messages through other people. These people will try to misguide you.

Tell me, will God need to send any other person to save mankind after He sent his own anointed son, and the son has made the supreme sacrifice of his own life to free humans from the sin of Adam and Eve?

"Are you a young earther?... Yes I am.": That is even better. Your mind is not spoiled by the falsehood of science. I congratulate you for this.

Last edited:
don't know of any that use that exact phrasing, no. I believe Jesus is unique in that regard, fulfilling a specific purpose. I
Wise words, NJ.

I believe Christ is unique, but also universal. However I don't think it's a 'we Christians club' vs the rest. It comes down to a narrow set of literalist conditions for membership. I can take a pretty good guess that several varieties of Christians, Catholics for example, are already excluded from this particular club -- as not being the proper right sort of Christians? I could be wrong?

Last edited:
Who would the dead be?

That's the thing, isn't it? But from your posts so far, I gather that you do believe in some form of "life after death", so your question is a bit of a puzzler?

Is eternity not 1mil times more important than the time on this earth

Again, depends on what you mean by "eternity". If life on earth means change, does eternity mean stagnation? Does eternity mean my life will always have taken place, "what happened stays happened"? What, beyond a name, is actually recorded in the Book of the Living?

I hope you are correct for your sake, but if you know a bit of the Word you should know that none of us are holy, we have all sinned and the wages of sin is death. What makes it so difficult to make Jesus Christ your Lord and Saviour? He can save you...

This is funny :) made me smile.

Once you get to know RJM a bit better, you will appreciate the humor, too.

In the meantime, please review our Code of Conduct (easy to find in the list of subforums), especially the bit about not telling other participants what they should or should not believe.

Edited to add:

There is a fairly recent thread about Life after Death:

https://www.interfaith.org/community/threads/20271/

Last edited:
Hi Tony,
This is happening, it is the season before the tribulation. My salvation is in His capable hands, I have faith in Him that He will save me and that He died for me...
He is coming to get His bride...

I wish you all the best in this time of change. The judgement is indeed upon us.

I guess you would offer that Baha'i's, that also Love Jesus the Christ with all their heart and souls, in the knowledge that He has returned as Baha'u'llah the Father, may not be part of the wedding feast!

It's very easy to bath in righteousness. It is a lesson we can learn from the past. The Jews still await, that is the same challenge for Christianity and all past faiths in this age.

God bless, Regards Tony

I can take a pretty good guess that several varieties of Christians, Catholics for example, are already excluded from this particular club -- as not being the proper right sort of Christians?
Reminds me of my niece's husband when asked about his faith... "I'm halfway between Christian and Catholic" o_O

Lots of different ideas where religion is concerned, I suppose.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
(Matthew 11:28-29)

Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.

Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.

Let Israel hope in the Lord from henceforth and for ever.
(Psalm 131)

Well, I believe there is but one God. However like yourself, I do not believe all that is written is God's inspired word, nor every translation or interpretation necessarily accurate.

I don't know of any that use that exact phrasing, no. I believe Jesus is unique in that regard, fulfilling a specific purpose. I do not believe that was the only time God appeared in human form though. Hindu scripture documents many such instances and though highly contested, some even believe the Vedas contain references to Jesus. I was first made aware of that from Hindu clergy in my wife's country. I've not read them myself. I have read the Bhagavad Gita though. A lot of the same things Jesus advocated can be found there, albeit presented in an entirely different fashion.
Very interesting.......
Why do I believe the Bible is God inspired.... I guess my primary reason would be that the Bible is based on prophecies. If there is one prophecy that is a straight out lie I will deny the Bible as the scriptures I follow.
I understand that many scriptures are intertwined, so you could find the same teachings in different books. The problem is, if there is deception orchestrated by a being, it will use the Truth and bend it to through many off the true path. If a deceiver uses obvious lies he will not be very successful in my opinion.

Very interesting.......
Why do I believe the Bible is God inspired.... I guess my primary reason would be that the Bible is based on prophecies. If there is one prophecy that is a straight out lie I will deny the Bible as the scriptures I follow.
I understand that many scriptures are intertwined, so you could find the same teachings in different books. The problem is, if there is deception orchestrated by a being, it will use the Truth and bend it to through many off the true path. If a deceiver uses obvious lies he will not be very successful in my opinion.

The Bible says a true Prophet is known by the Fruits and the prophecies they give.

Regards Tony

Welcome Yahweh Kid to the forum. Hope you have a nice time ere.
Thx sir, lets hope I will not be booted off the forum... :D
"When we jump off a bridge will we fall.....is this the truth or are there other truths?": It depends. If we fall in water, we can swim ashore. Not necessary that we will die.
You got a point..:rolleyes:

But since you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, there is no other truth for you.
Nope, but I am seeker of the Truth. If my God is a liar I will definitely reconsider my faith.

But there are people who do not accept that Jesus was the Son of God. They claim that Bible has been corrupted, and God has sent his messages through other people. These people will try to misguide you.
True, there is nothing wrong with trying. :)

Tell me, will God need to send any other person to save mankind after He sent his own anointed son, and the son has made the supreme sacrifice of his own life to free humans from the sin of Adam and Eve?
Nope, Jesus Christ died for the past, present and future sin. He was the perfect Lam to be sacrificed to pay for the sin of man to give them the Gift of eternal life with the Father.

"Are you a young earther?... Yes I am.": That is even better. Your mind is not spoiled by the falsehood of science. I congratulate you for this.
;)

Back