Hi

Thanks, I am not so informed on the Bahai religion. So their God is not the God of the Bible. The reason why I asked Tony about John 3:16 is that Tony quotes the Bible regularly.
Yes, essentially --but they have a new 'updated: incarnate Christ named Baha'u'llah, essentially

What is the Baha'i message in simple words:
https://www.interfaith.org/community/threads/20288/
The reason why I asked Tony about John 3:16 is that Tony quotes the Bible regularly. Wondered if he actually believes the Bible is true or only certain parts of it. If it is only certain parts of the Bible then the whole Bible is a tool for deception and must not be accepted as the Truth at all. The Bible is either the truth or a lie imo.

The reason why I asked Tony about John 3:16 is that Tony quotes the Bible regularly. Wondered if he actually believes the Bible is true or only certain parts of it.
Cannot answer for him. There has been quite a lot of Baha'i discussion here in the last few weeks.
it is only certain parts of the Bible then the whole Bible is a tool for deception and must not be accepted as the Truth at all. The Bible is either the truth or a lie imo.
IMO nothing in the world is ever so simple: binary black or white, yes or no. There are shades and degrees of everything

Last edited:
That is why there are so much confusion. :(

"He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad."
(Matthew 12:30)

“And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for "he that is not against us is for us.”
(Luke 9:50)

IMO the meaning of both passages is clear and not contradictory, unless I get fixated on the words? Chewing on the shell of the nut? It's not about the words -- the dry dead wood of the shell -- the nourishment is what the words contain?

Do you believe that John 3:16 is the Truth?

Yes indeed I do. I noticed you make your mind up about the Baha'i from comments others make about the Baha'i. That is not what the Bible instructs us to do. The responsibility to test the Prophets in justice lays upon our own shoulders.

As to who Jesus is and what we should see him as, that was made clear in the Bible, as Jesus asked that exact question.

Matthew 16 is that lesson. It tells thus that an adulteress generation will find it hard to determine the truth, the same we face in this age.

Then fromVerse 13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?"
14They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
15"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"
16Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
17Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.
18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
20 Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

So the answer to your other interpretation of the bible saying Jesus is the only way to God is not supported by what Jesus said in that passage, nor by what Peter said.

The way to God is Christ. Christ means "Annointed One". Jesus was Annointed of the Holy Spirit to give humanity a Message of Love, Peace and Unity. Jesus offered that flesh amounts to nothing and it is the Spirit that is the Light and Life.

So the return of Jesus, is the return of "Christ", it is God "Annointing" a Messenger.

So now it all becomes our challenge, are we willing to follow what Jesus the Christ offered? How just will be be in determining true and false prophets? Will we reject Christ, because we have come to love a name connected to flesh, or will we look for Christ and the fruits produced?

Regards Tony

Last edited:
No. Bahais (Tony is a Bahai) cannot accept this, because they do not accept that Jesus was the son of God.

A Baha’i embraces John 3:16. I would offer you should not answer for a Baha'i as we see it differently than you currently choose to do.

Regards Tony

I agree. When you accept Jesus in your heart you become a new creation....
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

This is the key to understanding the return of Christ.

Notice you replaced Christ in the verse you quoted with Jesus.

Christ means Annointed One, the Annointing is of the Holy Spirit.

Remember we are given the chance to be born again from the flesh into that Spirit, that was Jesus as Christ.

So this passage takes on a new meaning and challenge.

Will give you a new heart...
Ezekiel 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh

In this age Christ, the Spirit renewed, with a 'New Name, as promised by Jesus is found through Baha'u'llah, the 'Glory of God', the Father.

Revelation 2:17 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.’ that name is Baha'u'llah.

So we must receive that name to again accept Christ, we must overcome an attachment to a name and find Christ again.

Revelation 3:12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/A-New-Name

So a new name, a new Jerusalem. So welcome to Mount Carmel where the Law now goes out from Zion, from the Ark of the Covernant that is now placed on Mount Carmel!

images (1).jpeg

Regards Tony

Last edited:
When honesty is in the balance, politics never wins IMO

Christ means Annointed One, the Annointing is of the Holy Spirit.
That's a dictionary definition of Christ as the Judaism Messiah. The Christian understanding of the Christ goes far beyond that IMO. Christ's declaration was that the Holy Spirit would follow shortly after his ascension -- to his immediate and perhaps later disciples, to fill the gap left by his physical ascension -- but not centuries later as Muhammad (pbuh) and then Baha'u'llah. It's not there in the gospels.

Again, the issue is not with what anyone believes about Jesus, but with trying to mangle the gospels to support whatever theory that happen to support about Jesus the Christ

The gospels don't say that
IMO
(edited)

Last edited:
Kings are annointed. It is material language. It is fine as idiom, to a point. But it breaks when translated literally into the world of nature

That's a dictionary definition of Christ as the Judaism Messiah. The Christian understanding of the Christ goes far beyond that IMO. Christ's declaration was that the Holy Spirit would follow shortly after his ascension -- to his immediate and perhaps later disciples, to fill the gap left by his physical ascension -- but not centuries later as Muhammad (pbuh) and then Baha'u'llah. It's not there in the gospels.

Again, the issue is not with what anyone believes about Jesus, but with trying to mangle the gospels to support whatever theory that happen to support about Jesus the Christ

The gospels don't say that
IMO
(edited)

So we are faced with mans expectations or what God gives us?

Therein lays the essence of Faith.

Why do Christians think a name saves and they will not be tested in Faith?

Matthew 7:21-23 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Regards Tony

So we are faced with mans expectations or what God gives us?

Therein lays the essence of Faith.

Why do Christians think a name saves and they will not be tested in Faith?

Matthew 7:21-23 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Regards Tony
The Son is not annointed of the Father: the Son is of the Father's inheritance. The Son is not annointed. Why does Baha'u'llah claim to be annointed of the Holy Spitit, yet carry the 99 names of Allah alone?

Kings are annointed. It is material language. It is fine as idiom, to a point. But it breaks when translated literally into the world of nature

So that's the response, we will disregard the meaning of the word, because it does not support some men's explanations of Jesus?

Yet now three other Messengers of God have explained the meaning of that word is sound, and from that meaning we can have strong and sound Faith, not based in superstition.

The quandary of our God given choices in now apparent.

Why does Baha'u'llah claim to be annointed of the Holy Spitit, yet carry the 99 names of Allah alone?

That is not what Baha'u'llah has offered. I choose not to elaborate on this further in this OP.

Off to work soon.

Regards Tony

Back