Let's Question the Western Left Hand Path!

'Amir Alzzalam

Šayṭānist
Reaction score
When broken down into its core foundation. The Western Left Hand Path is an antinomian process of externalizing your True Self. The way it works is that we have this ability to experience our True Self, our Full Potential Being, this can be referred to as our GodSelf. It is the perfected you and is your Psyche/Soul/Greater Self. What is referred to as Apotheosis on the Western Left Hand Path does not entail 'becoming' a god per se, it entails realizing one's Greater Self, and bringing this Self into your everyday life in order to become more than Human.

We don't have Divine texts, Messianic heroes, dogma, or an exclusive claim to truth, we are not outdated, harmful to the individual, harmful to society, an impediment to the progress of science or humanity, a source of immoral acts, or customs, or a political tool for social control.

So, what do you find misleading or possibly invalid with Western Left Hand Path spirituality/philosophy?

Lovely topic!

What do you mean by "more than human"?

Yeah, but what do you mean by that?

How would the person in the street notice the difference between human and more than human? How to tell whether the Greater Self is in the picture?

How would the person in the street notice the difference between human and more than human? How to tell whether the Greater Self is in the picture?
They wouldn't, I don't see the relevance in another having to 'see' this . . . or smell, feel, taste it.

Then what difference does it make, in practice? Without some kind of standard to measure up against, how can one ensure one is engaging with the Higher Self proper and not some kind of fantasy about the Higher Self?

Then what difference does it make, in practice? Without some kind of standard to measure up against, how can one ensure one is engaging with the Higher Self proper and not some kind of fantasy about the Higher Self?
There are ways to evidence this in yourself. However, this could qualify as FAITH just like most other religions except that our god is not an external one, it is Us. That said, the ways we have to reveal and bring one's Greater Self into one's human self enable the adherent to experience their Greater Self in relation to their human self and thus the adherent knows when and to what degree they are bringing their Greater Self into their human self.

...the ways we have to reveal and bring one's Greater Self into one's human self enable the adherent to experience their Greater Self in relation to their human self...

Ah, that's what I meant.

But if these ways of telling are available to me, why not to someone other than me?

Understanding one another? In what way? What has that got to do with embracing your Greater Self?

Like I said, to get some reality checking from an outside observer, for example.

I've met people who claimed to be in touch with their higher self, but who, to me, seemed rather to be in touch with an inflated sense of self-importance. It can be really hard to just go by the seat of one's pants in these matters, I believe, and it can be very valuable to receive a third person's view or assessment - but they would need some kind of yardstick for that?

Like I said, to get some reality checking from an outside observer, for example.

I've met people who claimed to be in touch with their higher self, but who, to me, seemed rather to be in touch with an inflated sense of self-importance. It can be really hard to just go by the seat of one's pants in these matters, I believe, and it can be very valuable to receive a third person's view or assessment - but they would need some kind of yardstick for that?
I see what you mean. I suppose the proof is in the pudding, when someone who has experienced their Greater Self shows another how it's accomplished and that person also experiences their Greater Self, we have a spiritual science project in the works as each consecutive person repeats the experiment with the exact same results.

Development of the siddhis. Wild talent, such as Shakespeare. Creative genius. Being in touch with your unconscious mind. Shadow individuation. Anima/animus individuation. Tathagatha: one who has thus gone, like Buddha.

Development of the siddhis. Wild talent, such as Shakespeare. Creative genius. Being in touch with your unconscious mind. Shadow individuation. Anima/animus individuation. Tathagatha: one who has thus gone, like Buddha.
All right!

There are several dimensions to this: Artistic expression, personal development, magical powers (in the case of the Siddhis).

Art is interesting. The Ancients had the "model" of the Muses, patron deities of the arts, who inspired the artist, but could also withdraw again. And I think most of us can name artists who have created great works, but later on in their careers, somehow seemed burnt out, uninspired...

Can one lose the Higher Self again?

Last edited:
upload_2022-8-30_15-31-14.png

When broken down into its core foundation. The Western Left Hand Path is an antinomian process of externalizing your True Self. The way it works is that we have this ability to experience our True Self, our Full Potential Being, this can be referred to as our GodSelf. It is the perfected you and is your Psyche/Soul/Greater Self. What is referred to as Apotheosis on the Western Left Hand Path does not entail 'becoming' a god per se, it entails realizing one's Greater Self, and bringing this Self into your everyday life in order to become more than Human.

We don't have Divine texts, Messianic heroes, dogma, or an exclusive claim to truth, we are not outdated, harmful to the individual, harmful to society, an impediment to the progress of science or humanity, a source of immoral acts, or customs, or a political tool for social control.

So, what do you find misleading or possibly invalid with Western Left Hand Path spirituality/philosophy?

Question:- How does 'externalising True Self' in to 'Full Potential Being' or 'Godself' and thus realising your 'Greater Self' make a difference to your life?

How does the above change your life? Do you still get up and watch the news, eat breakfast, look at sports news, go to work.....or what?

If you do meet up with other Godselves, what do you all do together? Do you believe in a life after death? There is more to ask but that would do for now.

Question:- How does 'externalising True Self' in to 'Full Potential Being' or 'Godself' and thus realising your 'Greater Self' make a difference to your life?

How does the above change your life? Do you still get up and watch the news, eat breakfast, look at sports news, go to work.....or what?
The connecting factor between lesser self (human self) and one's Greater Self is our Dæmon a.k.a. Holy Guardian Angel, the Logos. When you are in daily contact with your Dæmon decisions that benefit your life on earth are easier to make and become clearer as to which direction to take when confronted with adversities. This enriches your physical life in many ways and enables you to live a productive and meaningful life as well as assisting you in making those around you live a more productive and meaningful life.

Yes, we all do ordinary things on a daily basis.

If you do meet up with other Godselves, what do you all do together? Do you believe in a life after death? There is more to ask but that would do for now.
I have never met another person's GodSelf and am not sure it is possible given our limited human perception. It would be equivalent to knowing the soul of another or being able to experience their consciousness, which we can't.

An existence after this physical life is a primary principle of the western left hand path and particularly the Path I follow (The Æ0N 0f IBLĪS ŠAYTĀN) where we prepare and train ourselves to be able to transfer our consciousness, upon physical death, into the subjective universe we have designed over our lifetime, to which we become the Deity of.

Good questions, thank you.

Back