What do you admire about another religion or world view?

Cino

Big Love! (Atheist mystic)
Veteran Member
Reaction score
It's getting darker by the day where I live, on the northern hemisphere. As someone from Iceland put it, "We have the sun here, we just can't see it". Well, not that extreme in my place, but still, I could use some uplifting conversation.

So here's a proposal: Choose a religion (or world-view) that is not your own, and get really enthusiastic about something they do, have, believe in, ... whatever: something that is not part of your own tradition, and write a post about it here.

Thanks in advance. That would really light up my days.

Oh, without a doubt Hinduism. So many varied beliefs and colorful traditions. Mostly though, at least in my wife's Hindu tradition, I think what I like most is their acceptance of other faiths. As a Christian, I've always been welcomed with open arms. Even referred to in Fiji by their Pandit as a Hindu devote of Christ. That came about as I have participated in their ceremonies and have even assisted the Pandit a few times. The Methodist Church in Fiji discourages such and they'd not seen a Christian do that before.

The law of One: it's the best channeling i've ever read; and it says its celestial authors come from venus, and nasa has already admitted there could or is life in venus (this by nasa relatively recently); that mars was inhabited; it talks of ufos a bit; galactic civilizations; and other spiritual things including the tarot, etc: www.lawofone.info

It's getting darker by the day where I live, on the northern hemisphere. As someone from Iceland put it, "We have the sun here, we just can't see it". Well, not that extreme in my place, but still, I could use some uplifting conversation.

So here's a proposal: Choose a religion (or world-view) that is not your own, and get really enthusiastic about something they do, have, believe in, ... whatever: something that is not part of your own tradition, and write a post about it here.

Chan Buddhism. One key idea that I think is unique here is to approach ill states of mind like depression by starting with the body first (instead of the mind) through qi gong.

The law of One: it's the best channeling i've ever read; and it says its celestial authors come from venus, and nasa has already admitted there could or is life in venus (this by nasa relatively recently); that mars was inhabited; it talks of ufos a bit; galactic civilizations; and other spiritual things including the tarot, etc: www.lawofone.info
https://www.lawofone.info/c/UFOs

"Questioner:Are these craft that are of our peoples from what we call planes that are not incarnate at this time? Where are they based?

Ra: I am Ra. These of which we spoke are of third density and are part of the so-called military complex of various of your peoples’ societal divisions or structures.

The bases are varied. There are bases, as you would call them, undersea in your southern waters near the Bahamas as well as in your Pacific seas in various places close to your Chilean borders on the water. There are bases upon your moon, as you call this satellite, which are at this time being reworked. There are bases which move about your lands. There are bases, if you would call them that, in your skies. These are the bases of your peoples, very numerous and, as we have said
potentially destructive.

Questioner: Where do the people who operate these craft come from? Are they affiliated with any nation on Earth? What is their source?

Ra: These people come from the same place as you or I. They come from the Creator. As you intend the question, in its shallower aspect, these people are those in your and other-selves’ governments responsible for what you would term national security.

8.5 Questioner: Am I to understand then that the United States has these craft in undersea bases?

Ra: I am Ra. You are correct.

Questioner:How did the United States learn of the technology to build these land [inaudible]?

Ra:I am Ra. There was a mind/body/spirit complex known to your people by the vibratory sound complex, Nikola. This entity departed the illusion and the papers containing the necessary understandings were taken by mind/body/spirit complexes serving your security of national divisional complex. Thus your people became privy to the basic technology. In the case of those mind/body/spirit complexes which you call Russians, the technology was given from one of the Confederation in an attempt, approximately twenty-seven of your years ago, to share information and bring about peace among your peoples. The entities giving this information were in error, but we did many things at the end of this cycle in attempts to aid your harvest from which we learned the folly of certain types of aid. That is a contributing factor to our more cautious approach at this date ... etc"

Oh brother ...

Shinto ––

I read (somewhere) something akin to a man, out and about, heard a fox bark in the forest – it was one of those moments when you might have passed by, but instead paused to think, to contemplate, to wonder, to marvel ... and in honour of the moment he raised a Torii because he sensed in the fox, the forest, the whole thing, the presence of the kami ...

My understanding of Shinto is deeply superficial ( ;) ) but almost everything I happen across in my researches I find admirable.

It's a stark lesson to the world to think that some people look upon nature, and the planet, as a gateway to the sacred, whereas our contemporary world looks to see how we can monetise and profit by it.

There's a lot said about Zen in the arts of swordsmanship, and without a doubt it has its place, but more than 90% of the engravings on swords are Shinto-inspired, and of course, as much as the swordsman is surrounded by Zen tales, the swordsmith is likewise surrounded by Shinto deities, and the major schools of Japanese swordsmanship are intrinsically linked to Shinto shrines.

Above all its the idea of reverence – for one's forebears (tradition), for neighbour, and especially for nature.

I have from various sources learned to practice giving up blame, realizing impermance, I like what Jesus the Christ is purported to say and Islam's view oncharity/tithing, counting the Omer and science. I see the setting of a mindset, preparing a space for change in prayers and chants to Hindu gods, Catholic saints, affirmations and denials and the power of the word, of belief as powerful.

Choose a religion (or world-view) that is not your own, and get really enthusiastic about something they do, have, believe in, ... whatever: something that is not part of your own tradition, and write a post about it here.
I like the community within Islam. The people are dedicated to each other, and literally would die for each other, the Islamic faith brings Muslims together. Only problem is it completely excludes everyone else.

I like the community within Islam. The people are dedicated to each other, and literally would die for each other, the Islamic faith brings Muslims together. Only problem is it completely excludes everyone else.
I’ve been to your website. I read your disparaging perceptions there of Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism and anything else non-Christian. I’d be curious exactly what you’ve read and studied that lead you to dismiss those other paths.

Last edited:
I’ve been to your website. I read your disparaging perceptions there of Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism and anything else non-Christian. I’d be curious exactly what you’ve read and studied that lead you to dismiss those other paths.
@Prycejosh1987 appears it is time for you to drop an introduction!

I choose Buddhism.
The first question will arise - Whether Buddhism is different from Hinduism?
To me as a follower of strict Advaita Hinduism, there is very little difference.
Basically, whether there is some eternal entity existing in the world?
To Hindus, generally, it is Brahman, Supreme soul.
I do not believe in God, soul. I have a hunch that existence and non-existence are just phases of Brahman. Brahman is not bound by the rules of existence. Existence is a thing of this illusory world.
But that is only a hunch, and it will be decades before science can say anything about it.
Buddha considered all these deliberations as useless and advised not to indulge in it. He was focused on removal of sorrow, did not reply even to the question about existence of God. Did he talk about Tathagatagarbha, Bodhikaya or Dhammakaya as something equivalent to Brahman, existing eternally? I am not sure.
Buddha is my guru, I have learnt much from him.

Last edited:

Can I choose a historical religion/culture that doesn't really exist anymore? Because the ancient Egyptian religion fascinates me. Just think, for thousands of years they kept so many of their ceremonies, customs, and stories without changing them with the same frequency of other religions. Even though the title of Pharaoh is a masculine title, ancient Egypt probably had the most powerful female ruler of all time. Their religion inspired many others. They even had a language specifically for the gods. While I definitely wouldn't want to be a follower of their religion, I am impressed with so much about it. Oh yeah, and they built pyramids.

However we juggle our beliefs about, we are all created by the same God, and the same God hears all our prayers. I believe we can learn from each other. I have a great respect for Islam, and I have learned much about my own Catholic faiths from Muslims. I admire the way they pray five times a day, the importance of fasting, not paying usury, their approach to marriage and families.

Reactions: wil
However we juggle our beliefs about, we are all created by the same God, and the same God hears all our prayers. I believe we can learn from each other. I have a great respect for Islam, and I have learned much about my own Catholic faiths from Muslims. I admire the way they pray five times a day, the importance of fasting, not paying usury, their approach to marriage and families.
Yeah, it is pretty much the Abrahamics that believe we have the same G!d, not even all of them

Yeah, it is pretty much the Abrahamics that believe we have the same G!d, not even all of them

The only God worth searching for is the creator of all that is seen and unseen. There may well be thousands of religions, but there are not thousands of gods who created the universe and life.

The same God hears all our prayers despite our differences, and despite who we think we are praying to, it is still the same God.

The only God worth searching for is the creator of all that is seen and unseen. There may well be thousands of religions, but there are not thousands of gods who created the universe and life.

The same God hears all our prayers despite our differences, and despite who we think we are praying to, it is still the same God.
Please describe how this is interfaith thought.

Back