What do you admire about another religion or world view?

No different from Putin. I thought everything was about love.

Which only proves that you have never read the Hebrew or Christian bibles.

Numbers 24; 15-19; Then he uttered this prophecy:
“The message of Balaam son of Beor,
The words of the man who can see clearly,
Who can hear what God is saying
And receive the knowledge that comes from the Most High.
With staring eyes I see in a trance
A vision from Almighty God.
I look into the future,
And I see the nation of Israel.
A king, like a bright star, will arise in that nation.
Like a comet he will come from Israel.
He will strike the leaders of Moab
And beat down all the people of Seth
He will conquer his enemies in Edom
And make their land his property,
While Israel continues victorious.
The nation of Israel will trample them down
And wipe out the last survivors.”

He is a God of justice who loves and protects those he has chosen as his own.

Last edited:

What do I admire about another religion or world view?​

In the Jewish and Christian scriptures, the six creative days are referred to in Genesis 2: 4; as the six generations of the universe.

According to the creation story as revealed in Genesis, it was in the sixth generation of the universe, that the observer, who was not actually creating anything, but rather, calling into existence the sleeping LOGOS, which is translated in Greek as “WORD.’

The Logos, being the ‘GREAT THOUGHT’ into which all information is Gathered, and the Supreme Personality to have developed within the Logos, was ‘The Light of Man,’ all the wisdom, knowledge and insight gained from the earthly body of Man, and the Supreme Personality of Godhead to have developed within the GREAT THOUGHT=The Logos, was one with the Logos, just as ‘YOU’ the developing mind/spirit, should be one with your evolving indwelling ancestral spirit.

The root to the word “BRAHMAN” originally meant “SPEECH”, much the same as the “LOGOS” is said to mean ‘WORD.

SHABDA STANDS FOR ‘WORD’ MANIFESTED BY SOUND [VERBAL
]

BHARTRHARI speaks about the creative power of shabda, the manifold universe is a creation of Shabda Brahman

The Rig Veda states that Brahman extends as far as Vac (R.V.X.114.8) and has hymns in praise of ‘SPEECH AS THE CREATOR.

Just as our words are the audible expression of the spirit that is we, the visible universe is the word=expression of the invisible ‘Great Thought.

The Greek word “LOGOS” which has been translated as “WORD”, should be seen as ‘The thoughts in the eternal mind which are to be expressed.

The term, “LOGOS” pertains to the very plan from the outset. The creation of a universal body in which a Supreme mind or personality of Godhead to that body, develops. A Universal and eternal ‘Son of God’ who, although each SON occupies its own individual position in Space-Time, is able to visit all the other universal Sons of the eternal Logos.

In Sanskrit the similar meaning is given in the use of the word 'vac.' Vac means word. But in Sanskrit teachings of the Sanatana Dharma, vac has many levels. Including where the word is first considered as being in the mind as ‘A THOUGHT,’ and not as the spoken word or speech.

John 1: 1; In the beginning was the Logos and the Logos was God. And the supreme personality or controlling mind to have developed within the invisible eternal body of ever evolving information, was “THE LIGHT OF MAN” All the information, knowledge, wisdom and insight, gained from the body of mankind, the MOST HIGH in the previous creation, who was the Light and life of that ever-growing body of information, which is called God. All things came into existence through him, by him, and for him. Without him, nothing exists.

You, the invisible mind that has developed within that created body of flesh and blood, from the information that has been taken in through the created senses of that body, are the controlling godhead to that body, which is the temporary tent of all the spirits of your ancestors, human and pre-human with which you are one being, [body, soul and spirit]. But our words or our speech, is merely the expression of the thoughts that are stored in the minds that are we.

The Logos/word, should be seen as the gathered information of past aeons that is waiting to be expressed. The LOGOS is in fact, the invisible living COSMIC mind, (THE GREAT THOUGHT) in which is gathered all of the information of every life form that it has become, and should be seen as, ‘The essential divine reality of the universe, the eternal spirit from which all being originates, and to which all must return at the close of each period of universal activity.

The Christian triad God IMO, is the Logos/Word the one and only supreme God, then Michael the saviour on his right, with Satan the destroyer who is sometime depicted as a serpent on his left, whereas the Hindu triad God is Brahman/Speech with Vishnu the saviour on one side and Shiva the destroyer who is sometimes depicted as a serpent on the other, Vishnu only destroys in order to make way for the new.

I have no intention of attempting to reveal all the similarities, needless to say that I have found much in the Hindu and Buddhist faiths to support my own Christian faith, such as the different generations of the universe and the eternal oscillating universe, with each Big Bang followed by the BIG CRUNCH. Plus the universe being the visible manifestation of the invisible creator God from whom all being originates and to who all being returns at the close of each period of universal activity.

“Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being to non-being, and again from non-being to being. In short, the constant revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all, the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak, 'SIX' spokes representing 'SIX' forms of existence.” ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

Last edited:
Maybe we need to relook at the title of the thread?
Thread drift is a thing.

I admire ancient scripture for its colorful imagery. God crushing the life blood out of the nations to make wine, then pouring it on the ground ... like a libation, a drink sacrifice ... a heathen rite ... to whom?

Thread drift is a thing.

I admire ancient scripture for its colorful imagery. God crushing the life blood out of the nations to make wine, then pouring it on the ground ... like a libation, a drink sacrifice ... a heathen rite ... to whom?

Then your admiration should go to the God of Abraham who is to save his chosen people from those nations who would capture their cities, loot their houses and rape their wives and daughters and attempt to drive his children into the sea. No heathen rite there old mate, simply righteous judgement.

Zecharlah 14; The day when the LORD will sit in judgement is near. Then Jerusalem will be looted, and the loot will be divided up before your eyes. The LORD will bring all the nations together to make war on Jerusalem. The city will be taken, the houses looted, and the women raped. Half the people will go into exile, but the rest of them will not be taken away from the city. Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations, as he has fought in times past.

The Lord will make the nations so confused they will turn their weapons against their own allies, and he will bring a terrible disease on all the nations that make war on Jerusalem. Their flesh will rot away while they are still alive, the soft tissue such as their eyes and tongues will rot away.

And woe to the women who are pregnant in those days.

Then your admiration should go to the God of Abraham who is to save his chosen people from those nations who would capture their cities, loot their houses and rape their wives and daughters and attempt to drive his children into the sea.

It would be insincere of me, since I have no gods.

No heathen rite there old mate, simply righteous judgement.

"Poured wine"... The images evoked are very clear to my mind, the language is very similar. But there are many ways to hold the ancient books.

Last edited:
Anything done in obedience to the Lord God and saviour, is held accountable by He.
I don't understand, maybe because English is not my first language.

Who is accountable, and to whom?

The religion I love is family living in nature's supportive nations DNA human life. Already artistic and expressive of diversity.

Freely and happily without enforced conditions of you must accept me. I do accept you without explained religious ceremony.

The religion I love is family living in nature's supportive nations DNA human life. Already artistic and expressive of diversity.

Freely and happily without enforced conditions of you must accept me. I do accept you without explained religious ceremony.
Interesting.

Does a 'Deity' or 'Other' figure in your view?

Interesting.

Does a 'Deity' or 'Other' figure in your view?
Yes my origin father mother's human memories. Affect me in awareness of whom we no longer are. So I love my artistic spiritual family honouring them as they honour my life by their human behaviour.

Proof you should honour origin memory.

That is not what we have asked you. Nobody here expects you to believe what we believe.
Is there a reason to pop in with such a negative response?
I gave my reply for the OP in post #11.
Yeah peoples' beliefs vary widely. @The Annointed writes as if what he believes is the truth for all people. That made me reply.

I gave my reply for the OP in post #11.
Yeah peoples' beliefs vary widely. @The Annointed writes as if what he believes is the truth for all people. That made me reply.
And my question is what do YOU admire about other beliefs...not what do you disagree with vehemently regularly we have heard all that before and I am using a new.thread.to move the conversation along.

I admire Judaism for its monotheism and devotion to connecting to God, and their scholarly approach, their tenacity and survival as a people over the millennia, and the diversity of opinions held by their rabbis on various topics.

I was also going to say Zoroastrianism but I fear I have forgotten what I used to know about it that riveted my attention at one time.
I think I never could find out as much about Zoroastrianism as I wanted to.

And my question is what do YOU admire about other beliefs...not what do you disagree with vehemently regularly we have heard all that before and I am using a new.thread.to move the conversation along.
As I must have posted earlier, the only religion that I admire other than Hinduism is Buddhism. I also love the simplicity of native religions. I can accept Judaism of prior to Moses as a native religion. None of the new Abrahamic religions, Judaism after Moses, Christianity, Islam, Bahaiism impress me. Though Zoroastrianism is a monotheist religion with a messenger, but it did not have the exclusivity of the Abrahamic religions. Amesha Spentas were respected.

As a Christian, I feel the most affinity for my fellow Abrahamic religions - namely Judaism and Islam.

As for Judaism, we share the Old Testament as a part of our revelation. I like that in many things, the Jews try to remember God. Actions themselves are a reflection of a sort of inner spirituality of action, and thus ultimately an expression of love for God. I also respect the idea that one must overcome the yetzer hara (evil inclination) which could be considered a caving into the baser instincts. In that way, at least according to what I've learned, is that Jews acknowledge that such instincts are not evil in and of themselves - but going too far can be.

This Ramadan I spent some time with Muslims and I have come to learn a bit about Islam. What I admire about Islam is the notion of having a universal message of salvation, and the focus on family values in the Muslim community.

This Ramadan I spent some time with Muslims and I have come to learn a bit about Islam. What I admire about Islam is the notion of having a universal message of salvation, and the focus on family values in the Muslim community.
All religions including the Abrahamic ones have universal message and focus on family values. These are really social laws plagiarized by religions.

All religions including the Abrahamic ones have universal message and focus on family values. These are really social laws plagiarized by religions.
Dude, the concept of the thread is saying what YOU admire about other religions...if it is nothing crickets are appropriate in this interfaith discussion....not deriding what others like about other religions...but you knew that.

Back