Man? Humans? Pinacle of creation? LOL

'Amir Alzzalam

Šayṭānist
Reaction score
Well, without plants, even if we somehow managed to produce the veggie food we need to live, we would die. To put it in brief:
Oxygen is a critical component of the Earth's atmosphere and is necessary for the survival of most living organisms. Plants are the primary producers of oxygen through the process of photosynthesis, and without them, the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere would decrease dramatically. This would lead to the death of most animals, including humans, as they would not be able to breathe.
An enormous amount of life on this planet exists without vegetation as their food source, so you are wrong, not every organism requires oxygen either.

Vasu Devan

Reaction score
An enormous amount of life on this planet exists without vegetation as their food source, so you are wrong, not every organism requires oxygen either.
If you reread my message, you can see that I specifically wasn't talking about plants as saviors by being our food but rather as modifiers of our breathable air. You seem intent on absolutes. Yes, many lifeforms dont need oxygen to survive. But many do as well. And in the interconnectedness of all that is being, death of one implies the death of the other.

Have you explored the states of nonduality or advaita? If you ever experience them or even understand the teachings behind them, you may see with different eyes. Your choice of course. My personal belief, based on some experiences, is that regardless of what we are in this life, when it ends we all return to our Godself. Unconditional love means, for me, love of all. Not just the beings who believe in you. In the end, I find that nothing really matters and we may choose to approach life with either a nihilistic or absurdist point of view. Regardless, all humans will die and personally I am waiting for my death so that I may experience the afterlife, if indeed there is one.

Last edited:

Ahanu

Reaction score
“Before I was six years old, my grandparents and my mother had taught me that if all the green things that grow were taken from the earth, there could be no life. If all the four-legged creatures were taken from the earth, there could be no life. If all the winged creatures were taken from the earth, there could be no life. If all our relatives who crawl and swim and live within the earth were taken away, there could be no life. But if all the human beings were taken away, life on earth would flourish. That is how insignificant we are.”
Russell Means, Oglala Lakota Nation (November 10, 1939 – October 22, 2012).
LOL! There would be no life if an asteroid hit our planet either. No four-legged creatures or winged creatures would be able to stop it from destroying this tiny rock you call home. Humans have the ability to do so with their ingenuity, however.

Aren't I feeling optimistic tonight? :)

I know, I know. You do not like hypotheticals!

I am a human, supposedly, and decades into participating in the destruction of the planet as we know it, I have bought plastic, had offspring, flown in jets and mowed lawns, totally a participant

I do, but have gotten lazy and now have someone else peel n prep the eggplant!

But yes, watching ants in the line for food impresses me, long posts of regurgitated pablum not so much

Yes, humans pollute, but let's not turn a blind eye to those that are working hard on solutions to problems that inevitably arise from living life. Plastic eating bacteria are being improved in labs to eat a variety of different types of plastic. In some places in the world plastic bags are a big no-no and plastic in general is greatly reduced in comparison to the US because of local practices implemented by law.

Briefly, plastics, transportation, and lawnmowing are an engineering problem. Not sure how having offspring makes you a participant in the destruction of the planet. It is a rather cynical view if you ask me.

Last edited:

'Amir Alzzalam

Šayṭānist
Reaction score
If you reread my message, you can see that I specifically wasn't talking about plants as saviors by being our food but rather as modifiers of our breathable air. You seem intent on absolutes. Yes, many lifeforms dont need oxygen to survive. But many do as well. And in the interconnectedness of all that is being, death of one implies the death of the other.

Have you explored the states of nonduality or advaita? If you ever experience them or even understand the teachings behind them, you may see with different eyes. Your choice of course. My personal belief, based on some experiences, is that regardless of what we are in this life, when it ends we all return to our Godself. Unconditional love means, for me, love of all. Not just the beings who believe in you. In the end, I find that nothing really matters and we may choose to approach life with either a nihilistic or absurdist point of view. Regardless, all humans will die and personally I am waiting for my death so that I may experience the afterlife, if indeed there is one.
Duality is an illusion of the objective universe. I find nihilism to be a pointless and useless philosophy, live this life to its fullest, Become your fullest potential as a human being, don't fear death, but don't welcome it either. These are but some of my philosophies of the Western Left Hand Path.