The Chosen

Cino I don't care to know the history of the church. I focus on the word of God. In doing that I know where my authority is as it's God's known will for me. Man mucks everything up from the very beginning and will to the very end. I don't want to debate these things... I leave it to much smarter people than me like Thomas!

My verses on how I TRY to live my life

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
I'm not debating church history either, but felt moved to answer your repeated question-in-disguise, "I don't know who the Manichaeans were". If you were woke, I'd apologize for mansplaining, but as you aren't, I don't have to 😉

Knowing a bit about the history of your faith might make people's reactions more easy to understand. Knowledge might even contribute to the fruits of the spirit.

It works because Matthew was so detailed in his writings and imagine being Jewish and becoming a tax collector.. it would take someone that was not socially connected to their people. When Simon the zealot joined the group? wow!
Yes, I can picture that. 😄

I'm not debating church history either, but felt moved to answer your repeated question-in-disguise, "I don't know who the Manichaeans were". If you were woke, I'd apologize for mansplaining, but as you aren't, I don't have to 😉

Knowing a bit about the history of your faith might make people's reactions more easy to understand. Knowledge might even contribute to the fruits of the spirit.
I see the bible as the history of my faith. The letters to the churches in Revelation tells me everything from the death of Jesus till His return. I know the epistles and Paul's letters to the churches and I know the errors. I know the enemy has made a concerted effort to destroy what many people of God have tried to build up. I'm not naive but I believe for me God has put scripture in my heart. I know that many people have suffered at the hands of the church and it breaks my heart. I am not those people. Daniel spoke of an increase in knowledge in the end of days. With the internet we can see the blessings and the curses of that. Are we richer or poorer because of it. Now the time spent renewing our minds is spent googling random things that don't benefit or build us up. I feel like keeping it simple and staying with the basics is best for my walk.

I'm not naive but I believe for me God has put scripture in my heart. I know that many people have suffered at the hands of the church and it breaks my heart. I am not those people.

No, you are not those people. However, are you familiar with the idea of giving "consent by silence"?

Daniel spoke of an increase in knowledge in the end of days. With the internet we can see the blessings and the curses of that. Are we richer or poorer because of it. Now the time spent renewing our minds is spent googling random things that don't benefit or build us up. I feel like keeping it simple and staying with the basics is best for my walk.

I think there is a difference between information and knowledge.

Didn't Jesus also teach this difference, in the Gospels? He liked to engage people who had all the information, but did not know what to do with it?

And doesn't it require knowledge to be able to tell some random bit of trivia from the important basics? Wasn't Paul shrewd as a serpent (as well as harmless as a dove), at least partly due to his education and knowledge?

I am a fan of knowledge, as I'm sure you can tell.

Magdala, known as Migdal in Hebrew (מִגְדָּל: tower) and in the Babylonian Talmud it is known as Magdala Nunayya ( Aramaic: מגדלא נוניה, meaning "Tower of the Fishes"), and is believed to have referred to towers used for drying fish caught in the Sea of Galilee. Magdala was the hometown of Mary Magdalene also known by its Greek name, Taricheae.

Peter and Andrew, the fishermen from Bethsaida on the eastern side of the Jordan in the territory of Herod Philip, later moved their families to Capernaum, the reason for their move is believed to have been that they needed their fish processed (Air dried or salted) and the principle (If not the only) fish factory on the Sea of Galilee was at Magdala in the same territory as Capernaum.

It was in the town of Capernaum that Jesus met Levi AKA Matthew a tax collector who was sitting in his office in the customs house (Mark 2:14. and Matthew 9;9.) where fishermen from Bethsaida had to pay a tax in order to bring their catch across the border, and by moving to the territory of Herod Antipas they were able to avoid this tax.

Jesus chose his first five disciples from this area, four of which were all fishermen, Peter and Andrew, plus his nephews, James and John, the sons of his sister Salome the wife of Zebedee, plus PHILIP of Bethsaida.

James the nephew of Jesus should not be confused with James the younger of Mary’s three biological sons who was sired by Alphaeus/Cleophas and who died in 62/69 A.D., whereas James the son of Zebedee and the nephew of Jesus, died at the hands of Herod Agrippa, who himself died in 41- 44 A.D., some 20 years before the death of James the brother of the Lord.

Last edited:
How is Peter presented?

In my mind, not the 'sharpest tool in the box'; the last person you'd want to nudge on your way to the bar, and if you did, you'd apologise and buy him a drink. I once described him as 'never happier than when bouncing rocks off Roman skulls', which is probably totally unfair. But he was a hard man, I think. I have a fondness for him in John 21:

When therefore they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter: Simon son of John, lovest thou me more than these? He saith to him: Yea, Lord, thou knowest that I love thee. He saith to him: Feed my lambs. (Peter thinks, Oh, no, don't ask that!)

He saith to him again: Simon, son of John, lovest thou me? He saith to him: Yea, Lord, thou knowest that I love thee. He saith to him: Feed my lambs. (Peter is really wriggling now. Won't meet His eye, scowling away ... )

He said to him the third time: Simon, son of John, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved (loses it), because he had said to him the third time: Lovest thou me? And he said to him: Lord, thou knowest all things: thou knowest that I love thee. He said to him: Feed my sheep."
Peter bows his head. The one think he can't abide is sheep, on four legs or two ... but this is his cross to carry.

How is Peter presented?

In my mind, not the 'sharpest tool in the box'; the last person you'd want to nudge on your way to the bar, and if you did, you'd apologise and buy him a drink. I once described him as 'never happier than when bouncing rocks off Roman skulls', which is probably totally unfair. But he was a hard man, I think. I have a fondness for him in John 21:

When therefore they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter: Simon son of John, lovest thou me more than these? He saith to him: Yea, Lord, thou knowest that I love thee. He saith to him: Feed my lambs. (Peter thinks, Oh, no, don't ask that!)

He saith to him again: Simon, son of John, lovest thou me? He saith to him: Yea, Lord, thou knowest that I love thee. He saith to him: Feed my lambs. (Peter is really wriggling now. Won't meet His eye, scowling away ... )

He said to him the third time: Simon, son of John, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved (loses it), because he had said to him the third time: Lovest thou me? And he said to him: Lord, thou knowest all things: thou knowest that I love thee. He said to him: Feed my sheep."
Peter bows his head. The one think he can't abide is sheep, on four legs or two ... but this is his cross to carry.
I love this! I also think it's awesome that he denied Jesus 3 times and Jesus asked him 3 times if he loved Him. As if absolving Simon Peter of the sin of denying Him.

Edit because I forgot to answer your question. They represent him very well .. hard yes and reacts often emotionally with a temper. Takes his duty of protecting Jesus very seriously. He was ambivalent about Andrews story of witnessing Johns baptism of Jesus and Jesus being the Messiah until Jesus caused the fish to overflow the boat. He did NOT like Matthew and gave him a hard time. They had the time to flesh out the characters so far in 3 seasons. It's not so much about Jesus as God as it is about the relationships of the disciples with the humanity of Jesus. This IS fiction based on the stories of the gospels. I really think you would like the show!

Last edited:
Is it not called a preacher?

The only folks that think otherwise are Christians. I have yet to meet a Jew who believes Jews for Jesus are anything other than Christians acting quite non Christ like
I have met quite a few Messianic Jews. There are so many different churches. For a long time most of the Messianic Jews that I met where people who originally were Jews, but after reading the NT they believed that Jesus was the Messiah. They still observe the mosaic laws and customs. But I think the reason why I met so many of them is because I tend to agree with these followers on many issues. I truly believe that if a person claims to follow the Bible, they should also observe the Holy Days of old. The apostles did. So why wouldn't Jesus's followers?

But then the "Jews for Jesus" showed up. So many from that group were forceful with their beliefs and they were often rude to Jews. A Jewish friend of mine told me how he invited some Jews for Jesus over for a Sabbath meal. He assumed they would be like any other Messianic Jews. Instead these people decided to start forcing their beliefs during the meal and were very rude. Many Jews have echoed similar experiences. Since then I have noticed that Messianic Jews seem to have a negative reputation. But that's because of all of the "Christians acting quite non Christ like" as you have pointed out.
And just in case anyone is wondering, I am not a Messianic Jew, nor Jew. Just an observer.

I have never seen a show or movie that was biblically accurate. So I don't recall ever enjoying a single show or movie. I was impressed by Passion of the Christ, mainly by the immediate parallel of Jesus crushing the serpent's skull. I was surprised that Mel Gibson understood that part of the Bible.
It isn't really a religious reason for me not caring for biblical movies or shows. I can't stand movies or shows that butcher books. I am still waiting for someone to make a good movie out of the Count of Monte Cristo that actually follows the book. One day, maybe.

I have met quite a few Messianic Jews. There are so many different churches. For a long time most of the Messianic Jews that I met where people who originally were Jews, but after reading the NT they believed that Jesus was the Messiah. They still observe the mosaic laws and customs. But I think the reason why I met so many of them is because I tend to agree with these followers on many issues.

So let no one make rules about what you eat or drink or about holy days or the New Moon Festival or the Sabbath. All such things are only a shadow of things in the future; the reality is Christ.

Jubilees 4: 30; And he (ADAM) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: ’On the day that ye eat thereof ye shall die.’ For this reason, he did not complete the years of this day; for he died during it.

We are coming to the close of the 6th thousandth year from Adam, soon the seventh day sabbath begins.

The weekly Sabbath is but a shadow of the future reality, the seventh day is the day of the Lord, the great Sabbath of one thousand years, (Colossians 2: 16-17.) it is the day that the Lord God our saviour has fixed (See Acts 17: 31.) in which he shall judge the whole world with justice by means of a ‘MAN’ he has ‘CHOSEN.’ He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that ‘MAN’ from death.

The weekly Sabbath was made for man, as Jesus said, Man was not made for the Sabbath. The weekly Sabbath is my day of rest and the day to enjoy my family around me, the day that I contemplate the soon to come day of tribulation in which no flesh would survive if not for the intervention of the Lord, after which he shall rule the entire world for a thousand years, blessed are they who are allowed into his city, for outside shall be the weeping and gnashing of teeth.

It is the Lord’s Day in which he shall rule the world for a thousand years, after the thousand year Sabbath is finished heavenly fire will incinerate all physical life forms on this planet as foretold through the prophet Zephaniah.

Zephaniah 1, 2-3; The LORD said, “I am going to destroy everything on earth, all human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy the whole human race, and no survivors will be left. I, the LORD, have spoken.

Verse 18; On the day when the LORD shows his fury, not even all their silver and gold will save them. The whole earth will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end — a sudden end — to everyone who lives on earth.

Galatians 5, 5; Listen! I, Paul, tell you that if you allow yourselves to be circumcised, it means that Christ is of no use to you at all. Once more I warn any man who allows himself to be circumcised that he is obliged to obey the whole Law. Those of you who try to be put right with God by obeying the Law have cut yourselves off from Christ. You are outside God's grace. As for us, our hope is that God will put us right with him; and this is what we wait for by the power of God's Spirit working through our faith. For when we are in union with Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor the lack of it makes any difference at all; what matters is faith that works through love.
YOU SAID; truly believe that if a person claims to follow the Bible, they should also observe the Holy Days of old. The apostles did. So why wouldn't Jesus's fol'Ilowers?

From where did you get the idea that the apostles observed the Holy Days of old. Colossians 2, 16; So let no one make rules about what you eat or drink or about holy days or the New Moon Festival or the Sabbath. All such things are only a shadow of things in the future; the reality is Christ.

Last edited:
First off....
Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.

This leads into Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind.

So in summary, you are to stay away from the doctrines of men. Don't falter just because someone judges you because you follow Jesus's intructions instead of man's. I'm sure you've seen the many warnings from Jesus about following mankind's traditions instead of His law.

Mark 7:6 He answered and said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written:

‘This people honors Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
7 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men—the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do.”

Paul was just revisiting Christ's warning. Paul wasn't telling you to stop observing God's festivals. He was telling you not to let anyone judge you because you are following them.

I will now post every verse from Jesus and His apostles that tells Christ's followers to stop observing Passover, The Days of Unleavened Bread "Hag Hamatzot", Pentecost "Shavuot", Trumpets "Rosh Hashanah", Atonement "Yom Kippur", The Feast of Tabernacles "Sukkot", and the Last Great Day. That's seven Holy Festivals.

Here are the verses.

Done!

So this is going to take awhile. So bear with me. These Holy Days were not only kept by the apostles, they were prophesised to be observed after Jesus's return.

May I remind you that nowhere in the Bible does it say that the Holy Days were only for the Jews. It does, however, say that these were God's festivals. His, not the Jews.

Lev 23:1 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘The feasts of the Lord, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts.

Passover and the Days of Unleavened Bread: As you probably already know, this festival was in part a prophecy of Jesus's sacrifice. Jesus kept it as well.

Luke 22:14 When the hour had come, He sat down, and the twelve apostles with Him. 15 Then He said to them, “With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; 16 for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.”

Not only did Jesus observe Passover, but He told the apostles how to observe Passover from now on.

19 And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

And then the apostles gave us instructions on how to observe Passover. We weren't supposed to keep it as a drunken party or as a reason to focus on filling your belly. Nor was it a time to show off your accomplishments, your wealth, or a time to judge others. You were instructed to keep it as a solemn observance and as a time of year to examine yourself.

1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in giving these instructions I do not praise you, since you come together not for the better but for the worse. 18 For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it. 19 For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you. 20 Therefore when you come together in one place, it is not to eat the Lord’s Supper. 21 For in eating, each one takes his own supper ahead of others; and one is hungry and another is drunk. 22 What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and shame those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you in this? I do not praise you. 23 For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, 4“Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes. 27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. 30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world. 33 Therefore, my brethren, when you come together to eat, wait for one another. 34 But if anyone is hungry, let him eat at home, lest you come together for judgment. And the rest I will set in order when I come.

1 Corinthians 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us. 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

So that's Passover. The apostles not only kept it, but even instructed us on how to follow it. Don't forget that much of this happened decades after Jesus's death AND most of these followers were Gentiles, not Jews.

Pentecost. As you already know the apostles observed Pentecost and many Christians to this day still observe it. It is known as the festival of the First fruits. These are the first born of Jesus. I used to wonder why God had such an obsession with the birthright of the first born. This is why. He yearns for the completion of this Holy Day. As with Passover, it has partially completed its prophetic meaning.

Acts 2:2 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

And if you think that was the only time they observed Pentecost, then keep reading….

Acts 20:16 For Paul had decided to sail past Ephesus, so that he would not have to spend time in Asia; for he was hurrying to be at Jerusalem, if possible, on the Day of Pentecost.

1 Corinthians 16:8 But I will tarry in Ephesus until Pentecost. 9 For a great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.

1 Corinthians 15:20 (NKJV): 20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

...and in prophecy.

Revelation 14:4 (NKJV): 4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb

Trumpets! Leviticus 23:24 “Speak to the children of Israel, saying: ‘In the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you shall have a sabbath-rest, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, a holy convocation.

This festival is mentioned directly and directly throughout the Bible. Trumpets were used as a warning of war and for an announcement of the arrival of a king. That's what this festival is intended for. It is only a few days before Atonement, which is also a few days before the Feast of Tabernacles. There's a reason why. It's because the trumpets are supposed to sound from heaven warning Jesus's followers that He is coming soon. God's people were supposed to even use trumpets for announcing His festivals and for religious assemblies. Not bells, not pianos, not organs... trumpets.

Numbers 10:1–10 (NKJV): 10 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying: 2 “Make two silver trumpets for yourself; you shall make them of hammered work; you shall use them for calling the congregation and for directing the movement of the camps. 3 When they blow both of them, all the congregation shall gather before you at the door of the tabernacle of meeting. 4 But if they blow only one, then the leaders, the heads of the divisions of Israel, shall gather to you. 5 When you sound the advance, the camps that lie on the east side shall then begin their journey. 6 When you sound the advance the second time, then the camps that lie on the south side shall begin their journey; they shall sound the call for them to begin their journeys. 7 And when the assembly is to be gathered together, you shall blow, but not sound the advance. 8 The sons of Aaron, the priests, shall blow the trumpets; and these shall be to you as an ordinance forever throughout your generations. 9 “When you go to war in your land against the enemy who oppresses you, then you shall sound an alarm with the trumpets, and you will be remembered before the LORD your God, and you will be saved from your enemies. 10 Also in the day of your gladness, in your appointed feasts, and at the beginning of your months, you shall blow the trumpets over your burnt offerings and over the sacrifices of your peace offerings; and they shall be a memorial for you before your God: I am the LORD your God.”

Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion,
And sound an alarm in My holy mountain!
Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble;
For the day of the LORD is coming,
For it is at hand:

Isaiah 27:13 So it shall be in that day:
The great trumpet will be blown;
They will come, who are about to perish in the land of Assyria,
And they who are outcasts in the land of Egypt,
And shall worship the LORD in the holy mount at Jerusalem.

Atonement.
This is a Holy Day of fasting. It is also where we incorrectly obtained the term "scapegoat", even though the "scapegoat" is nothing of the sort. It was a prophecy of the day that Satan would be bound. It foreshadowed Jesus's sacrifice for our sins and it foreshadowed the taking away of the one who was responsible for influencing our sins.

Leviticus 16:20 “When Aaron has finished making atonement for the Most Holy Place, the tent of meeting and the altar, he shall bring forward the live goat. 21 He is to lay both hands on the head of the live goat and confess over it all the wickedness and rebellion of the Israelites—all their sins—and put them on the goat’s head. He shall send the goat away into the wilderness in the care of someone appointed for the task. 22 The goat will carry on itself all their sins to a remote place; and the man shall release it in the wilderness.
26 “The man who releases the goat as a scapegoat must wash his clothes and bathe himself with water; afterward he may come into the camp.

Paul still observed this important Holy Day.

Acts 27:9 Now when much time had been spent, and sailing was now dangerous because the Fast was already over, Paul advised them,

Notice the parallels between the two events?

Revelations 20 1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit[a] and a great chain. 2 And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, 3 and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while.

Atonement takes place just a few days after Trumpets.

And now the Feast of Tabernacles and the Last Great Day, which are only a few days after Atonement. These two Festivals happen right next to each other. So the Feast is 7 days, the 8th day is the Last Great Day. These days would be announced by trumpet as well.

The first 7 days were the period leading up to the arrival of the Messiah and the announcement of the Messiah's rule. The Last Great Day is the prophecy of the Lord's Day.

If you think it wasn't meant to be observed after Jesus's first arrival, then all of the old testament prophecies are never going to happen.

Zechariah 14:1: Behold, the day of the LORD is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
2For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3Then the LORD will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
4And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.

Zechariah 14:16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain. 18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

7 days, 7 trumpets

“When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them” (Revelation 8:1-2).

And people will be resurrected after that last trumpet....
1 Corinthians 15:51–52 (NKJV): 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

John 6:44 (NKJV): 44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Matthew 24:29–31 (NKJV): 29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Matter of fact, on the Last Great Day Jesus ironically gave a sermon that was a prophecy of His first day as king.

John 7:37 On the last day, that great day of the Feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

And the apostles did keep the Feast even after Jesus died and was resurrected...

Acts 18:21 but took leave of them, saying, I must by all means keep this coming Feast in Jerusalem; but I will return again to you, God willing.” And he sailed from Ephesus.

Jesus had issues with followers not even believing Moses when he talked of these festivals.

John 5:46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”

There is so much more, but that is so much to process. But in a nutshell, that is what I have observed.

Back