The Chosen

The last episode of season three was the feeding of the 5000 with two fish and five loaves of bread. Only with Jesus does 2 + 5 = 5000. It ended with Jesus leading Simon Peter out on the water in the middle of a storm. I know a lot has been said about The Hillsong church but that song Oceans really hit home for me what stepping out in Faith really means.

The Messianic Jews I have known are ethnically Jewish not converts to a religion. They worship on Shabbat they speak Hebrew.. Jesus came for His people first why can't they be recognized as legitimate on a Christian sub forum if not on Judaism sub forum? Are they outcast? This is literally breaking my heart.
I am not ethnically Jewish, however, since in my view Jesus is / was a Jew, then the earliest teachings would have stemmed from Judaism, and why I feel sympathetic to and some degree of camaraderie with Messianic Judaism.

I know J4J only by name, I know nothing of them and have no connection to them.

When I married my Chinese wife, any further attempts on my part to observe Kosher kind of went out the door in order to keep peace in my household. That doesn't mean I no longer respect the practice, rather I think it informs my faithwalk.

I am not ethnically Jewish, however, since in my view Jesus is / was a Jew, then the earliest teachings would have stemmed from Judaism, and why I feel sympathetic to and some degree of camaraderie with Messianic Judaism.

I know J4J only by name, I know nothing of them and have no connection to them.

When I married my Chinese wife, any further attempts on my part to observe Kosher kind of went out the door in order to keep peace in my household. That doesn't mean I no longer respect the practice, rather I think it informs my faithwalk.
I can't go Kosher.. I love pork . Pork chops pork roast pork ribs.. pulled pork sandwiches pork sausage . And no dairy with meat? Imagine eating spaghetti without a glass of milk.. or a meat lovers pizza without cheese .. goodness! I'm not making light of the practice but my flesh is weak and I believe that anything that goes into our bodies can't defile us. That's one of the reasons I respect people that observe laws like Kosher laws as you would have to be extremely disciplined and committed.

I can't go Kosher.. I love pork . Pork chops pork roast pork ribs.. pulled pork sandwiches pork sausage . And no dairy with meat? Imagine eating spaghetti without a glass of milk.. or a meat lovers pizza without cheese .. goodness! I'm not making light of the practice but my flesh is weak and I believe that anything that goes into our bodies can't defile us. That's one of the reasons I respect people that observe laws like Kosher laws as you would have to be extremely disciplined and committed.
My family follows the food laws. I noticed that our health improved. However, my wife from time to time was sick to her stomach. That's when I realized that gelatin was in the foods that made her sick. Gelatin usually has pork enzymes in it. So even her multivitamins were making her sick. Now we don't have those issues anymore. The only thing with pork that I miss is sausage. We also love sushi, so it can be difficult to find sushi that is kosher.

I still can't eat shrimp, it makes my stomach churn. Not a big fan of lobster either. Used to eat crab when I lived in Virginia, but no desire for that either.

I find I do like sushi.
Ohh I didn't even address the seafood part of it. I'm from the Pacific Northwest. Clams oysters shrimp lobster crab .

I liked it a lot from what I watched! The cast (especially Johnathan Roumie) partnered with a Catholic mediation app I formerly used called Hallow, I think that's how I originally learned about it. I feel like there was a long period of time where there was very few mainstream high quality Christian media, but that's definitely turned around recently with movies like Silence and The Chosen.

Is it not called a preacher?

The only folks that think otherwise are Christians. I have yet to meet a Jew who believes Jews for Jesus are anything other than Christians acting quite non Christ like
Within Messianic Judaism, I believe they do follow Jewish holidays and use Jewish terms, including rabbis.

Not familiar with this, it seems to be a serial?
I believe it is on Peacock now. I think I saw it there.
There's some other service I get, where I tried to watch it awhile ago but lost track of it. Maybe it was something I had temporarily.

When I married my Chinese wife, any further attempts on my part to observe Kosher kind of went out the door in order to keep peace in my household...
Which is why I became a 'domestic vegetarian' – although now largely vegetarian.

Me: "Well, maybe because I'm a Catholic?"
She: "You're more Buddhist than you think."

Which is why I became a 'domestic vegetarian' – although now largely vegetarian.

Me: "Well, maybe because I'm a Catholic?"
She: "You're more Buddhist than you think."
What is a "domestic vegetarian" ??

What is a "domestic vegetarian" ??
My other 'alf being a veggie since 11, I didn't bring meat into the house, although thinking about it, I did eat meat in 'takeaway' meals – but utensils were scrupulously cleaned by me.

(She did cook fish when our cats were ill and the vet advised boiled fish as part of the get-well diet.)

Our kids were raised veggie, but subsequently all have turned the the dark side, although rarely touch red meat.

+++

The fun part was people of our parents' generation who all feared our children would be born unhealthy/underweight because she was vegetarian. She promptly proved her point by carrying twins to full term, and delivering two 7lb babies.

My other 'alf being a veggie since 11, I didn't bring meat into the house, although thinking about it, I did eat meat in 'takeaway' meals – but utensils were scrupulously cleaned by me.

(She did cook fish when our cats were ill and the vet advised boiled fish as part of the get-well diet.)

Our kids were raised veggie, but subsequently all have turned the the dark side, although rarely touch red meat.

+++

The fun part was people of our parents' generation who all feared our children would be born unhealthy/underweight because she was vegetarian. She promptly proved her point by carrying twins to full term, and delivering two 7lb babies.

I have a cousin who says he is vegetarian who eats white meat(chicken I suppose) and fish.
He was quite serious and I kept a straight face. 🙃

Season 4 is now streaming. The first episode was when John the Baptist was beheaded. This was a very emotional episode.

Season 4 episode 4 is my favorite so far. Jesus heals the centurion's (Gaius) servant. Jesus said He had not seen such a great faith. This episode is an emotional up and down. These are all playing on you tube if anyone wants to catch up 🤗

Back