The Full Armor of God

B

Bandit

Would anyone like to study the full of armor of God with me?
I think it is getting pretty obvious we better have it on...I think we may need to start sleeping in it.:D

Where are the scriptures to start. How do we put them on and use it properly.?.

armor.gif

Where are the scriptures to start. How do we put them on and use it properly?
Ephesians, Chapter 6...

6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righeousness;
6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints

I think that last line ("6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints") explains how to properly put on the full armor of God...live in the Spirit, pray, and do as the saints do...

Love is easily corrupted.

We can easily "fall in Love" with all the wrong things, and all the wrong teachings...after all, that is Satan's true power - seduction.

So, we take up the full armor of God to protect our Love from corruption...

KnightoftheRose said:
Love is easily corrupted.We can easily "fall in Love" with all the wrong things, and all the wrong teachings...after all, that is Satan's true power - seduction. So, we take up the full armor of God to protect our Love from corruption...

True divine love is incorruptible it is only human love from lower levels of consciousness that can be corrupted by dark forces and take up arms against others in thought, word or deed.

Divine Love is the purest essence of GOD.

One day my soul cried over the hatred of the Christian Fundamentalists, first Jesus came and wiped my tears away and he said 'child this is not your problem leave it to me to sort it out' the next day I was guided to discover this passage.

It is relevant for those that may have a problem with embracing a new state of Christ consciousness and plane of existence by leaving duality/separation behind and creating the Kingdom of Love in oneness with GOD.

“Do not be discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.” 2 Chronicles 20:15

"Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord with you". 2 Chroncles 20.17

There is the word of GOD.

GOD needs no protection for GOD is LOVE.

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

Now I see a little problem with just love love love lovey dovey Star. It is good and we need it, but I dont see that as the armor that protects us and protects our love. If everything was love, then the world would not be looking at all these problems man keeps creating and we would not NEED any armor. So I think this it true KnightoftheRose, that love can become corrupt and what we see is a love for money, greed, loving temporary power, love as in selfishness, loving to control others in slavery... and the list goes on.
This love is not the same as Gods love and without the FULL armor of God it can be snatched away very easily.
Without the armor, God cannot fight our battles for us. The things he wants us to have are protected with His armor. The FULL armor of God.

Anyone who wants to jump in feel free.:)

1)Shield of Faith
I might be wrong, but it seems to me the first piece of armor we put on is the shield of faith. I say this because it tells us,

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is…" (Hebrews 11:6).
Real faith doesn't merely believe that God exists. Real faith believes in God Himself.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

It appears to me we take up the shield of faith NOW
Then I noticed it says,

6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

So, it appears to me we are going to have some fire and darts to block from the wicked and the adversary.:(
The shield is a moveable piece which I think means we can block the arrows that are shot at us from all sides, up and down.

So I am thinking we need the shield of faith first, and should never lay it down.:) I think I am going to start sleeping with it by my bedside and take it everywhere I travel.

I can't put my shoes and socks on all at the same time , so we put the armor on one piece at a time.

What do you all suggest the next piece of armor would be good to to put on?

;) 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;)

One day my soul cried over the hatred of the Christian Fundamentalists, first Jesus came and wiped my tears away and he said 'child this is not your problem leave it to me to sort it out' the next day I was guided to discover this passage.
Star, we are not subject to the bondage of the old religions, neither are we subject to the bondage of any new religion.
If we are looking for answers in religion(s) that is a very long row to hoe.

Now, I see just as much hatred in the new religions as i see in the old religions. I see just as much hate in the world as I see in the church.
We are all at different levels of hurt and different levels of victory.
So I want to focus on the good and not what the bad people have done to others.

I hold very true to what the bible teaches and I dont care who did what to it!
The truth is STILL all in there.
I dont really see what the full armor of God has to do with being a fundalmentalist.
We cannot be protected by JUST love. The world will swallow us in our love without protection.

“Do not be discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.” 2 Chronicles 20:15

"Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord with you". 2 Chroncles 20.17
We are not talking about trampling and killing people in this armor, we are talking about protection for ourselves in the spirit. Do you see?
The armor is not a bad thing.

I want to toss this out to so there is no misunderstanding. God loves us and that is why He gave us this armor. If He did not love us, He would not give us anything.

When a mother loves her kids, she gives them hat and gloves to protect from the winter. She buys them shoes and teaches them to tie them the right way.

When she loves them and they want to go for a bike ride, she gives them a helmet and knee pads to protect them from there fall.
When a father loves his son, he teaches him not to pick fights, but teaches him self defense so that he can defend himself in a proper manner.

When you love something you protect it and cherish it. Love by itself with nothing coming out from it is going to be void.

If one chooses to discard faith and truth and peace and righteousness, then there might be problems.
I dont see a world full of love and peace and humility.
I see the adversary fast at work every time I read the news.
I can't make it any clearer.

When you truly love the self, your consciousness is vibrating at a such a high level negative energy cannot touch you, in fact to many you become invisible. This is the kingdom of GOD it is a totally different dimensional reality that one can only truly experience with total divine love.

This is what Jesus meant when he said 'I am in this world but not of this world' he was vibrating at a higher frequency due to the amount of love he poured out but he could walk between the worlds of different dimensional realities.

"the Kingdom of GOD is within you" Luke 17:21

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

Dear Bandit

Sorry I had to rush out to an appointment.

Bandit said:
Love by itself with nothing coming out from it is going to be void.
If one chooses to discard faith and truth and peace and righteousness, then there might be problems.
I dont see a world full of love and peace and humility.
I see the adversary fast at work every time I read the news.
I can't make it any clearer.

“Jesus said 'I tell my mysteries to those that are worthy of my mysteries” 62 Gospel of Thomas

No void, GOD as taught me that GOD's will to good is compelled by love into compassionate action, divine love is two-fold: unconditional love and compassionate action when intertwined we become divine love in manifestation on the earth plane. So it is compassion that comes out of the love.

Faith, hope and charity, salvation is the road, but faith is part of love, for without faith in the power of love to change the world then surely the faith is lacking?

Peace is part of love because the more we love the self and take compassionate action to heal the self the more peace of mind we achieve. When we are at peace within this then emanates through group and collective consciousness.

Truth is different for everyone depending on what level of consciousness they are vibrating and also their reason for being on planet earth. It would be boring if we were all the same and so it is that truth is different and changes in line with a particular soul's evolution. Some can be brought to GOD through Christianity some through Reiki Healing and so on....there are many paths of light to GOD. But I am sure that you will agree that the universal truths are just that universal, e.g. forgiveness, unconditional love, compassion, faith, hope and charity etc a very basic moral foundation.

For instance it is my truth that Jesus was a holder of the ancient mystery teachings of initiation but yet many Christians would not entertain this in the here and now, but that does not mean that they will never accept that Jesus was greater in depth and breadth then the bible portrays and that his mystery teachings are based upon the religion of experience that is much more aligned with the Gnostics and the ancient indigenous peoples of the world.

Righteousness can get us into trouble as Master Jesus discovered, and so may our righteousness be converted into GOD's will to good so that we may lead by example?

Well it is hard to see a world full of love within strict Christian doctrine, but as a Christian Spiritualist I see the world through different eyes. The Christian Spiritualist accepts reincarnation and the purification of the soul through numerous incarnations and so it is that sometimes adversity is pre-chosen and pre-determined for the soul to achieve its destination and evolutionary process of coming home to divine self and GOD. This is why I say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So for me in GOD's domain everything is perfect because all is meant to be and part of the planets evolution. Atrocities and disasters help humanity to wake up to their own devil within and this is assisting the critical mass awakening. So although I accept 85% is created by man's free will in GOD's eyes all is perfect because we chose it and the natural spiritual laws are in place to ensure that souls learn from any wrong paths or roads that led the human self astray. The more the dark shadows draw close to you the larger your Christ light becomes and so in the darkness we do indeed find the light and as a dear friend said the other day the darkness is helping to illuminate the light.

But millions are on the right road of love like never before and now the next step is compassionate action to activate the next part of the divine plan. GOD is speaking to everyone but not everyone listens and takes action due to selfishness and materialism. But the forces of good are rallying like never before and it makes my heart sing and my soul fly to witness such glory of GOD's creation.

The roots of the old tree of life are rotting through selfishness and these roots are being pulled out, hence why we will witness many old structures coming down across the board as we move further through the end times.

The Christ seed was planted a very long time ago, the new tree will grow and it will have many branches and many leaves upon the branches and the new tree will bear the most amazing fruit. There will be paradise on earth once more just as Jesus promised.

In 1999 he said 'the energy of Christ will be successful' so let us not doubt that we can create the Kingdom of GOD with love.

'It is your faith that makes your light shine brightly.' Mother Mary

6th June 2004

"You are the light of the world,
the flame of love that purifies
whatever stands in the way
of complete oneness with GOD"

Christ

Love you

Sacredstar

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you think everything is Love, explain the beauty you see in RAPE, child abuse, dead bloody soldiers, gangs that cause violence theft and murder, the taliban and terrorism, corrupt politicians and religious leaders. Explain the love and beauty you see in the destruction of the earth man is causing. Explain the beauty and love of suicide and nuclear weapons. Explain the beauty of police enforcement in junior and high schools. Explain the beauty of a mother who slices the arms and legs off of her 6 month old baby.
And I do indeed what beautiful loving explanations.:(

Why do you think they make helmets and people wear them???
Why do people wear different types of shoes for different terrain?

I love you too Star, I appreciate what you are trying to say and for talking to me about this, but some of this sounds like you are oblivious to the battlefield of the spirit(s). There are all kinds of bad spirits out there that have nothing to do with Love.
IF the world was full of love then your analogy would work. But it is not full of love especially Gods love.

Love is not the same thing as faith. Peace of the gospel is not the same thing as peace between Canada and the U.S. You can have love for someone and not be at peace. You can have a sense of peace and not have love and be at war.
Righteousness is not the same thing as love.
Being girded with truth is not the same thing as love.

1 Tim 6:12Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Thousands of People go to court everyday to battle. WHY? So they can fight and win, with and for the TRUTH.

Scritpure tells us God fights our battles (if we let him), without the armor then we are not allowing Him to fight for us.
You mentioned the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom of God is not NOW, but is being established through time. The Kingdom of heaven is NOW, and it is different from the time of peace as in the Kingdom of God.
When we love something, we are going to fight and work to obtain it and keep it. Life is not a magic carpet ride.

I join the army and the president sends me to Afganastan with JUST love, Bin Laden is going to slice my throat the second I walk out because he does not love me. We are sent with armor and weapons and not just love. And that has nothing to do with the bible, it is common sense.

To every aspect of the flesh, it can be compared to the spirit. That includes both love and hate.
As I said before the title Christian, liberal or fundamentalist, has nothing to do with this message in Ephesians.

Faith 4102 pistis pis'-tis from 3982; persuasion, i.e. credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; abstractly, constancy in such profession; by extension, the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself:--assurance, belief, believe, faith, fidelity.

Salvation4991 soteria so-tay-ree'-ah feminine of a derivative of 4990 as (properly, abstract) noun; rescue or safety (physically or morally):--deliver, health, salvation, save, saving.
4992 soterion so-tay'-ree-on neuter of the same as 4991 as (properly, concretely) noun; defender or (by implication) defence:--salvation.

Sword of the Spirit 4151 pneuma pnyoo'-mah from 4154; a current of air, i.e. breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively, a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, demon, or (divine) God, Christ's spirit, the Holy Spirit:--ghost, life, spirit(-ual, -ually), mind. Compare 5590. 5590 psuche psoo-khay' from 5594; breath, i.e. (by implication) spirit, abstractly or concretely (the animal sentient principle only; thus distinguished on the one hand from 4151, which is the rational and immortal soul; and on the other from 2222, which is mere vitality, even of plants: these terms thus exactly correspond respectively to the Hebrew 5315, 7307 and 2416):--heart (+ -ily), life, mind, soul, + us, + you.

Truth 225 aletheia al-ay'-thi-a from 227; truth:--true, X truly, truth, verity.

Breastplate of Righteousness 1343 dikaiosune dik-ah-yos-oo'-nay from 1342; equity (of character or act); specially (Christian) justification:--righteousness. 1345 dikaioma dik-ah'-yo-mah from 1344; an equitable deed; by implication, a statute or decision:--judgment, justification, ordinance, righteousness.
2118 euthutes yoo-thoo'-tace from 2117; rectitude:--righteousness.

Peace1514 eireneuo i-rane-yoo'-o from 1515; to be (act) peaceful:--be at (have, live in) peace, live peaceably. 1515 eirene i-ray'-nay probably from a primary verb eiro (to join); peace (literally or figuratively); by implication, prosperity:--one, peace, quietness, rest, + set at one again.
1517 eirenopoieo i-ray-nop-oy-eh'-o from 1518; to be a peace-maker, i.e. (figuratively) to harmonize:--make peace.
2270 hesuchazo hay-soo-khad'-zo from the same as 2272; to keep still (intransitively), i.e. refrain from labor, meddlesomeness or speech:--cease, hold peace, be quiet, rest.
4601 sigao see-gah'-o from 4602; to keep silent (transitively or intransitively):--keep close (secret, silence), hold peace.
4623 siopao see-o-pah'-o from siope (silence, i.e. a hush; properly, muteness, i.e. involuntary stillness, or inability to speak; and thus differing from 4602, which is rather a voluntary refusal or indisposition to speak, although the terms are often used synonymously); to be dumb (but not deaf also, like 2974 properly); figuratively, to be calm (as quiet water):--dumb, (hold) peace.

there are many paths of light to GOD. But I am sure that you will agree that the universal truths are just that universal, e.g. forgiveness, unconditional love, compassion, faith, hope and charity etc a very basic moral foundation.
I learned this at a very young age. What people call universal law/truth is the law/truth of God. He established it. Not us and not a mysitcal universal concept. It is very simple and not complicated at all.
But yes, it is the same basic thing. Some just want to leave the glory to God out of it.
You keep saying path(s), but this light is one light and one path with many laws along the way.
I see it as the law(s) that keep us in the light and on the same path of light.

Is that what you mean to say?

Hi Sacred Star - remember that this discussion is being posted on the Christianity board, and as such, although outside inputs are welcome, please keep them sensitive to the sensibilities of Christians. :)

For example, it might be frowned upon if Christians started evangelising about Christ on the Mysticism board - please provide the same converse respect. :)

There's nothing wrong with sharing opinions on Thomas and personal experiences, but please be careful that Christians do not construe that you are preaching at them. :)

Dear Brian

hi hi governor

Dear Bandit

Nothing I say will make any difference because I am pointing at the moon and you are looking at my finger. But I will leave you with this quote from the bible.

"The Kingdom of GOD is within YOU" Luke 17:21

As you are the Kingdom of GOD, you also have the power of GOD if you choose to accept it and use it for the will to good.

Night, night and GOD bless

Sacredstar

Sacredstar said:
Dear Brian

hi hi governor

Dear Bandit

Nothing I say will make any difference because I am pointing at the moon and you are looking at my finger. But I will leave you with this quote from the bible.

"The Kingdom of GOD is within YOU" Luke 17:21

As you are the Kingdom of GOD, you also have the power of GOD if you choose to accept it and use it for the will to good.

Night, night and GOD bless

Sacredstar
No problem Star:)
Just remember to put your armor on as you journey to the moon and make sure the oxygen tank is full. Yes, The Kingdom of God that is within us is LOADED with armor and love and power.

Keep your shoes of peace on And above all, don't foget your shield of faith.
(tease)
Night Night, sleep tight and God bless you too.

It was simply because we had a Christian on the Alternative's board being chastised for bringing too evangelic a stance against pagan beliefs. :)

It's always a delicate point to work with though, so I thought perhaps I should throw in a balancing post over here. :)

No problem I guess we are all in agreement.....

Blessings in abundance

Sacredstar

Yah. Everything is good Brian and Star.:)

When I was kid, I always seen this soldier with armor and strength, yet he never hurt anyone and he became invinsible (so to speak) if he kept all his armor on.
Now I wanted to see each piece of armor not just for what it is and what it does for us, but also in its specific location as portrayed and its significance.

The helmet protects the head and thougts, but why is salvation emphasized about the head?
Why is Truth placed about the loins? What is protected in tha area.
We want the truth and can discern a lie by our gutt feeling? Truth is placed in the loins for that is where the seed is?

Breastplate is an easy one. Protects out heart and keeps us pure in heart. We want Gods righteousness, and to keep out unrighteousness and self righteousness.

Shoes of peace is easy. We go, stay and leave in peace. We spread the gospel in peace. Jesus and the Apostles did not go where people did not want them, they would go somewhere else where people would at least listen to there testimony of Jesus.

Sword of the spirit This is a good piece if we understand what it is and how to use it correctly.
The Word of God cuts down to the very soul of every man, when recieved. Within that is posesses a healing agent that makes us alive to the spirit of God.
But only when it is all recieved and given in spirit and in truth.:)
We dont want just a little scratch, we want the whole thing.

Back