The Full Armor of God

Bandit said:
Yah. Everything is good Brian and Star.:)

The helmet protects the head and thougts, but why is salvation emphasized about the head?

Because the Essenes taught that 'energy follows thought' and because what you think you create, which is why Jesus taught people to have good thoughts because negative thoughts create negative emotions, words and deeds. And a clouded lense of perceptional consciousness creates negative judgements and prejudice.

Thoughts, beliefs, attitudes and peceptions determine salvation.

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

Sacredstar said:
Because the Essenes taught that 'energy follows thought' and because what you think you create, which is why Jesus taught people to have good thoughts because negative thoughts create negative emotions, words and deeds. And a clouded lense of perceptional consciousness creates negative judgements and prejudice.

Thoughts, beliefs, attitudes and peceptions determine salvation.

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar
That looks good to me.:) I think it could also be that we are to have the same mind of God in Christ, a renewing of the mind that is new and could even be new daily if we allow it, different than what we are naturally born into (such as just the physical school)...and that just came to me with the help of your post. Thanks so much.

What do you feel about truth being girded about the loins or waist area?
I have a couple of ideas but I think there is more there than what I am seeing.

I personally felt that you were pointing to yourself and Bandit was looking at your finger. :)

A Christian Fundamentalist

The Belt of Truth

Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth,

Isa 11:5 Righteousness shall be the belt of His loins, And faithfulness the belt of His waist.

Ex 12:11 And thus you shall eat it: with a belt on your waist, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. So you shall eat it in haste. It is the Lord's Passover

1 Kings 18:46 Then the hand of the Lord came upon Elijah; and he girded up his loins and ran ahead of Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.

Eph 4:25 (NKJ) Therefore, put away lying, "Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor."

John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

Col 3:8-10 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,

2 Th 2:10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

All of this to me shows that we, as Christians are supposed to be demonstrations of the truth.. We are to set ourselves as examples for others to see so that they can find no lies or deceit within us in order to be able to attack. So like the piece of armor it depicts.. its a protection of a very vital area of our faith. The Truth.

Dear Bandit

Bandit said:
That looks good to me.:)

1) I think it could also be that we are to have the same mind of God in Christ, a renewing of the mind that is new and could even be new daily if we allow it.

2) different than what we are naturally born into (such as just the physical school)...and that just came to me with the help of your post.

3) What do you feel about truth being girded about the loins or waist area? I have a couple of ideas but I think there is more there than what I am seeing.

1) Exactly when we think, see and hear with the gentleness and love of GOD then we become divine love in manifestation on the earth plane, our GOD self and in this way GOD is more able to work through us with the will-to-good so that we can fufil the divine plan.

2) Yes different but the Christ Vision of Peace is that we should teach these aspects, the universal truths and spiritual laws in schools and if we did so there would be no more bullying and the Christ within would have no need to suffer anymore, true salvation in GOD's name.

3) Interesting one, near to the Loins is the serpent of Kundalini energy discovered by an Indian sage, as we raise our consciousness the Kundalini rises and stays risen at the level that we have achieved through integration and walking our talk. From below the breastplate down to the pelvic bone is what the East call the 'Hara' it is the divine shrine of GOD energy. Martial artistes and many eastern CM therapies work from and with the Hara to harness the power. The breath and the power of singing also comes from the Hara. It is said the healthier the Hara the more power can be accessed. Within the Hara is the Solar Plexus the level of consciousness that is I AM POWER, so it is what we do with this GOD power that really matters, do we use it to dominate and control others like President Bush or do we use the energy for the will-to-good to assist others to wake up and raise their consciousness by taking responsibility for what they co-create? That is our choice to choose. The Christian Spiritualists say that from the belly button there is a silver cord that connects our soul to the higher realms. A few centimetres below the belly button is the Tanden sometimes called the Dantien in the East. CS also say there is also a cord from the heart and through the crown chakra.

Hope that helps let us know if anything leaps out at you.

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

just reminded to add that the solar plexus is the centre of the body and Jesus mentions the centre in the GT.

"The Kingdom is in your centre and is about you, when you come to know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will be aware that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you are in poverty and you who are the poverty.”3

being love

Kim xx

I will have another look in a couple of days and Thank You mucho Star and the others for looking at this whole study with me. It has been a blessing.

Girded with Truth. Better than just a bath towel.:)

Sacred star said God is Love and she was challenged in a very pessimistic way. In fact I couldn't believe my eyes. Instead of agreeing with her that God is love, which it says in the Bible, the Christians sounded like the atheists and sacredstar like the christian. That is my opinion. Sacredstar is a believer in Christ and in God so why do you fight her so?

Are her ideas that strange to you that you fight her words? Does the lost gospel of Thomas trouble you so that you get rattled like that? I think people shut her down because her view is different from the orthodox one and that is sad.

And I must say, if a person with no knowledge of christian doctrine read these notes, sacredstar would be the more appealing and positive draw. Her messages emit a warmness while the others read very harshly and are filled with conent. This is only my opinion.

Sacred star said God is Love and she was challenged in a very pessimistic way.
Eh? I don't remember anyone ever claiming God isn't Love. We were discussing whether it was best to *armor* oneself in love or not - but we weren't debating the nature of God.

Sacredstar is a believer in Christ and in God so why do you fight her so?
Sacredstar is a very positive, upbeat person. She is very devout. She is a believer in Christ. Why would anyone "fight her so?" Simply this: she is a mystic, we are a bit more orthodox. Different views on the same thing - it is as simple as that. Have you never debated with a family member?

I think people shut her down because her view is different from the orthodox one and that is sad.
I'd disagree with some of Sacredstar's beliefs (for instance, Reiki healing), but that doesn't mean I would "shut her down". I enjoy reading her posts. They are always so uplifting.

And I must say, if a person with no knowledge of christian doctrine read these notes, sacredstar would be the more appealing and positive draw. Her messages emit a warmness while the others read very harshly and are filled with conent.
:(

Faithfulservant said:
The Belt of Truth

Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth,

Isa 11:5 Righteousness shall be the belt of His loins, And faithfulness the belt of His waist.

Ex 12:11 And thus you shall eat it: with a belt on your waist, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. So you shall eat it in haste. It is the Lord's Passover

1 Kings 18:46 Then the hand of the Lord came upon Elijah; and he girded up his loins and ran ahead of Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.

Eph 4:25 (NKJ) Therefore, put away lying, "Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor."

John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

Col 3:8-10 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,

2 Th 2:10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

All of this to me shows that we, as Christians are supposed to be demonstrations of the truth.. We are to set ourselves as examples for others to see so that they can find no lies or deceit within us in order to be able to attack. So like the piece of armor it depicts.. its a protection of a very vital area of our faith. The Truth.
Yes Faithful. I see it now. Your scriptures went around and around in my heart. Girded in Truth. The truth about faith in God. The truth about HIS righteouesness and not our own. The truth of Gods Love. The truth about the full armor He has given to us to wear. The truth about salvation that Jesus brought through his blood and the peace of the gospel. The truth about the Word of God and His spirit that both CUTS and HEALS all at the same time.
Once we have it, no one and no thing can stop us. If we lack any of the armor, we can fail. With it, we are sure to succeed in all that God would have us to do for Him and stand and resist the fiery darts of the enemy and any spiritual wickedness.
When lies are spoken it goes right pass us like a speck of dirt in the wind.
KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.

Thanks again everyone who supported this and for sharing and may the Lord richly bless you in the Lords Army. We dont have to fight in His army. He does it all for us. All we have to do is stand suited in the armor. The FULL ARMOR OF GOD!

The Breastplate of Righteousness

Php 3:9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;

Isa 59:16-17 He saw that there was no man, And wondered that there was no intercessor; Therefore His own arm brought salvation for Him; And His own righteousness, it sustained Him. For He put on righteousness as a breastplate, And a helmet of salvation on His head; He put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, And was clad with zeal as a cloak.

Ex 28:15 "You shall make the breastplate of judgment. Artistically woven according to the workmanship of the ephod you shall make it: of gold, blue, purple, and scarlet thread, and fine woven linen, you shall make it.

1Ki 3:9 Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?"

Ps 94:15 But judgment will return to righteousness, And all the upright in heart will follow it.

Pr 2:7-8 He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly; He guards the paths of justice, And preserves the way of His saints.

I believe these scriptures tell us to be discerners of the righteous and unrighteous so as to know who the evil one attacks us from. We do not fight against people themselves but who is to know from where we will be attacked from. We can also know that a blow to the chest can be a mortal blow so as long as we keep our righteousness around ourselves like a cloak we can keep from slipping into unrighteousness.

Standing on The Gospel

Eph 6:15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Rom 10:15 (KJV) ...As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"

1 Cor 15:1-4 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.

1 Pet 2:11 Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul,

Gal 5:16-17 Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

Rom 8:5-13 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors--not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Isa 52:6-7 Therefore My people shall know My name; Therefore they shall know in that day That I am He who speaks: 'Behold, it is I.' " How beautiful upon the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings glad tidings of good things, Who proclaims salvation, Who says to Zion, "Your God reigns!"

Imagine yourself standing barefooted in a rocky climate, like in the Middle East. You could move--ever so carefully--but without shoes you would be useless in battle. The weight of the other pieces of armor would only make your feet more sensitive if you had no protection. You would be a "push-over" for the enemy, as you would have no agility and be wincing in pain every time you attempted to move. This is why it is essential to have our "feet shod with the gospel of peace".

This is the gospel as we have received it. It is foolishness to many, but life and light to those who believe in it and are willing to follow and be "included in" Christ's death. In practice, the Gospel means we are dead to our self-life with all of its lusts and instincts, and alive with new life in Christ. The good news is that by considering ourselves "dead men" in Christ, we can be put at peace with God in Christ. If we have truly died to self, then over time our instincts will be "dead" to the rocks and glass and thorns of this world which used to move us. Those standing on the gospel will not react in the flesh. Instead, we will move by God's Spirit with a protected disregard for such "fleshly" considerations, being "readied" by the "shoes" of the "death, burial, and resurrection of Christ", which is the Gospel that brings peace.

Attack is a call for love

if one feels attacked

look within

and GOD will guide you.

No protection is needed when you are pure love.

being love

Sacredstar

The Helmet Of Salvation [Jesus]

Isa 59:16-17 (KJV) And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him. For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and a helmet of salvation [Yeshua] upon his head...

1 Th 5:8 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.

Ps 140:7 O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation (Yeshua), You have covered my head in the day of battle.

*Jesus--Yeshua in Hebrew--means "Salvation". Salvation is Jesus Christ.

Col 1:18 (NKJ) And He is the head of the body, the church...

1 Cor 2:16 For "who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

Php 2:5 (NKJ) Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus...

1 Pet 4:1 (NKJ) Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin.

2 Cor 10:3-5 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ

Eph 4:14-16 (NKJ) ...We should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head--Christ--from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love

This speaks to me of keeping the mindset of Jesus.. Would he be hateful or vengeful when attacked? No he would keep a clear head and keep his thoughts straight on God and Gods will. The best strategists have their mind on the success of battle so they are able to think clearly.

The Sword of The Spirit - The Word of God

Isa 49:2 And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword; In the shadow of His hand He has hidden Me, And made Me a polished shaft; In His quiver He has hidden Me."

Matthew Henry: "To the Christian armed for defense in battle, the apostle recommends only one weapon of attack; but it is enough, the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. It subdues and mortifies evil desires and blasphemous thoughts as they rise within; and answers unbelief and error as they assault from without. A single text, well understood, and rightly applied, at once destroys a temptation or an objection, and subdues the most formidable adversary."

Heb 4:12-13 (NKJ) For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

2 Cor 6:7 by the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armor of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,

Ps 149:4-6 For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation. Let the saints be joyful in glory; Let them sing aloud on their beds. Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, And a two-edged sword in their hand,

Jesus battled Satan using scriptures... our spiritual warfare is not against man. Our weapon is the Word of God. Who wields it? The Holy Spirit.

Eph 6: 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

The Shield of Faith

Eph 6:16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

Ps 35:1-3,9 O Lord, with those who strive with me; Fight against those who fight against me. Take hold of shield and buckler, And stand up for my help. Also draw out the spear, And stop those who pursue me. Say to my soul, "I am your salvation." "... And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord; It shall rejoice in His salvation. [yes, Yeshua again].

Ps 3:2-3 Many are they who say of me, "There is no help for him in God." Selah But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head.

1 Pet 1:5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Ps 33:20 Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield.

1 Tim 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

1 John 5:4-5 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Pr 30:5 Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.

Mmm trusting in the Lord. Which weapons does the evil one use? Doubts.. Fear..Guilt..Anger...By trusting in God we can have hope.. joy.. love.. peace that surpasses all understanding.. longsuffering..self-control... Yes I think I will keep my faith and I will allow it to quench the fiery darts of the wicked one.

the bible says PUT ON the the full armor of GOD...faith in God, not faith in man, peace of the gospel, not someone elses gospel, righteousness, Gods righteousness, salvation (Gods salvation, the bible is about the salvation God offers, not what some man offers), sword of the spirit of God, Truth, Gods truth, not mans made up fictional idea of truth,

Once again, You speak against what the Bible says Star. I am not listening to you. I am listening to what God tells us to do. I am putting on the full armor of God like the bible says, not what you tell me to put on that comes from some Indian tribe. You are sounding very self righteous in your teaching Star.
If you love God, then you would gladly and humbly do what He asks us to do and take what He gives to us. It sounds like you love yourself and your own teaching more than you love God and His people and what the Bible teaches. Your love and your way is not enough. We need Gods love for the World for Your arm is not strong enough. His arm is stronger than ours and everyones put together.

Yes FaithfulServant. This one is especially wonderful.
Isa 59:16-17 (KJV) And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him. For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and a helmet of salvation [Yeshua] upon his head...

Dear Bandit

Bandit said:
1) the bible says PUT ON the the full armor of GOD...faith in God.

2) I am listening to what God tells us to do.

3) You are sounding very self righteous in your teaching Star.

4) If you love God, then you would gladly and humbly do what He asks us to do and take what He gives to us.

5) Your love and your way is not enough.

6) We need Gods love for the World. His arm is stronger than ours and everyones put together.

[/b]

1. Yes faith in GOD's armour of love

2. Excellent that is exactly what I do too!

3. Judge not lest he be judged by GOD, I am just an instrument for GOD's will and through me GOD works.

4. Yes I do this daily

5. Well it is GOD's way which GOD as shared with me, perhaps you would also like to share what GOD as shared direct with you in holy communion.

6. GOD is asking the world to heal their needs and desires, take back their power, take responsibility for co-creation and create the Kingdom of GOD. And yes the words of GOD's truth are like steel and stronger then the iron fist that humanity now faces in the real world which is why it is crucial that we each listen to GOD in the present moment.

Bandit GOD will tell you direct through your heart and your inner voice, if you have the ears to hear him and the heart to embrace. I have carried out GODs will and shared with you without judgement, I have not asked you to listen to me or believe in me - the culmination is that you need no intermediary not I, nor anything else.

GOD is by your side please listen to him.

Rejoice in the Glory of GOD

Sacredstar

Last edited by a moderator:
Back