The Full Armor of God

Sacredstar said:
6. GOD is asking the world to heal their needs and desires, take back their power, take responsibility for co-creation and create the Kingdom of GOD.
Isa 44:24Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I [am] the LORD that maketh all [things]; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
doesnt sound like he had any co-creators.

I seem to recall someone else once telling someone they could be like God. Gen 3:4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: Gen 3:5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Bandit said:
5) Your love and your way is not enough.
Sacredstar said:
5. Well it is GOD's way which GOD as shared with me, perhaps you would also like to share what GOD as shared direct with you in holy communion.
Eph 2:7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
Rom 6:23For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Act 4:12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

He shared alot with everyone.

Zec 4:6 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' Says the Lord of hosts.

Rom 11:36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

The Battle belongs to God.

Why Spiritual Armor?

Rom 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light

Jer 46:3-4 "Order the buckler and shield, And draw near to battle!Harness the horses, And mount up, you horsemen! Stand forth with your helmets, Polish the spears, Put on the armor!

1 Cor 14:8 For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?

Stand!

Luke 21:36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."

Mal 3:2 "But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's fire And like launderer's soap.

1 Cor 10:12-13 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Jude 1:24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, And to present you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To God our Savior, Who alone is wise,

James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you

1 Cor 10:12-13 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
I like this a lot. Amazing stuff there. God is faithful.
So what is that Faithful about 80 scriptures on the armor of God? You sure do know how to find em;)

Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I [am] the LORD that maketh all [things]; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
I love this too Dor:)
I like the one from Psalms that says he knoweth our frame and remembers we are dust.
Precious we are in the eyes of the Lord.
yes we are saved by the grace of God, not of ourselves.

losangel27 said:
.. in constantine movie... spear of destiny... any basis on that?
I hardly ever watch movies. The last one I saw was Titanic.:)

GOD would have a lot of trouble making babies without parents. We alone do nothing and GOD can work through man with man's willingness to do so. And so it is a co-creation of GOD's manifestation.

armor.gif

I think FS already covered all the scripture lol I am late but still would like to throw in my 2 cents worth
First none of this armour is Man Made every bit of it every rivot every nut bolt and screw is asembled by God Himself and offered to us as protection from evil.
Starting at the top
Helmet protects our brain our eyes our mouth our ears. Think of this if all we thought of was Salvation all we looked to was Salvation All we spoke of was Salvation All we listened to were things of salvation. Salvation is the protector of the head the thoughts the sights the sounds the speech.

Breastplate If this where my righteousness I would have all the protection of a fruit of the loom T-shirt if not less. It covers my heart my lungs the organs I rely on for life. When my shield fails me it is Christs Righteousness that provides my final defence.

Belt of Truth Belts of this type where the fanny packs of the day pockets for holding things we need as we march along lifes road. They did way more than just keep your pants up. Truth holding all the little things that we find needful in our day to day.

Shoes of peace Now these are tricky remember God made not Man made. Peace is something we need to stand on Gods peace gives us stability speed traction comfort. If these where what the world saw as peace they would be less comfort than going barefoot across broken glass. Peace from God allows us to stand facing the troubles of life in comfort.

Shield of Faith This one perplexes me a little because it could be viewed two ways real easy. The more faith the Bigger and Better the Shield? Or The Faith being our general belief each person being given a shield of equal quality.
The first relies on me and my ability if this where the type of shield days would come when I carry no shield at all I wake up some mornings and wonder if I will make it through the day.....Not a very good shield doesnt fit with the rest of the armor if I am creating it.
If it be the Faith being like the Faith of our fathers what we believe in and not how much than it is indeed a great shield. It becomes something that is easy to carry even on days like mentioned above something I can hide behind if needed. It is a bold statement to the enemy being seen from far off. The choice to launch an attack on someone who carries such a shield would be foolish.
The Sword of Gods Word Funny no scabard is mentioned always supposed to be in hand ready for use to slice and dice your enemy to shreads....??? I think NOT. It is sharper than any man made sword. How many diferent sword designs are there? Why? Well Men have been trying to build a better sword for as long as we have been making them Getting the balance right the length the overall design. Truth is no Christian should ever want to do battle with the sword but rather recruit others to carry it. If someone gets cut with it it is because they have attacked. It is a weapon close combat only not good for throwing no long range attacks but when needed and the enemy is that close usable for defence.

As a soldier in the days when this was written I wonder what the mental affect was while reading this. Guys who carried these things everyday felt crushed under the weight of man made armor. What would they think of Gods armor?
I am reminded we are told the Gates of Hell will not prevail. Gates dont fight??? We can in Gods armor walk through the fires of hell and rescue those who are in danger. We fight the Good fight for every soul.
I am at war everyday a spiritual war where I know my family and my country are at risk. I send out prayer like artillery to ask God to defend me and provide support.
Love is in my heart Gods love I owe it to Him to take this armor and wear it willingly to protect that relationship. Put it on Christians wear it in its true form God-made not man-made
Thanks for the thread Bandit thank you for the great scripture Servant.

Sacred I have my belt on it got really tight reading your posts. And I wonder if your belt does anything more than hold your pants up?

Anybody seen my shoes ?????:D

Greetings All,

I see that 1 Th 5:8 was already posted by Faithfulservant, but I especially like it in its whole context. Actually, I prefer my NIV language for 1 Thess 5:11 "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."

Peace, lunamoth

5:8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 5:10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

5:12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; 5:13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

5:15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

5:16 Rejoice evermore.

5:17 Pray without ceasing.

5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

5:19 Quench not the Spirit.

5:20 Despise not prophesyings.

5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

5:24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

5:25 Brethren, pray for us.

5:26 Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.

5:27 I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

5:28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

(King James Bible, 1 Thessalonians)

No one seems to have brought out the fact that the armour of Eph 6 is plural. Paul knows the Romans didn't march around & conquer kingdoms on their own - they marched in columns, in order. Their armadillo formation was incredible - using shields like the armour of an armadillo - like a hedgehog with plate armour instead of pine needles sticking out of it. In the same way when a congregation of God's people are all exercising the shield of faith they'll be protecting each other from Satan's darts & also entering into the devil's territory to win souls for Christ. Remember the corporate aspect here. We are too individualistic. All the verbs of Eph 6 are plural.

Graham John said:
No one seems to have brought out the fact that the armour of Eph 6 is plural. Paul knows the Romans didn't march around & conquer kingdoms on their own - they marched in columns, in order. Their armadillo formation was incredible - using shields like the armour of an armadillo - like a hedgehog with plate armour instead of pine needles sticking out of it. In the same way when a congregation of God's people are all exercising the shield of faith they'll be protecting each other from Satan's darts & also entering into the devil's territory to win souls for Christ. Remember the corporate aspect here. We are too individualistic. All the verbs of Eph 6 are plural.
i did not realize that but i sure have had a good image of the saints lined up like soldiers to take on the evil and bad guys when needed. i can see those shields lifted up and arrows bouncing off them left and right.
God does have an army and it is powerful. I am in the Lords Army!

Welcome to the boards Graham John:)

Bandit said:
i sure have had a good image of the saints lined up like soldiers to take on the evil and bad guys when needed.
Want to bring up the issue of "friendly-fire" seems to be alot of it these days.:D

i did not realize that but i sure have had a good image of the saints lined up like soldiers to take on the evil and bad guys when needed. i can see those shields lifted up and arrows bouncing off them left and right.
God does have an army and it is powerful. I am in the Lords Army!

Welcome to the boards Graham John:)

I carry the hammer of Thor ;/

Loins
girded about with truth. In Bible times, soldiers wore a wide leather belt, or girdle, that was from two to six inches [5-15 cm] wide. Some translators suggest that the verse should read, "with truth as a belt tight around your waist." The soldier’s belt helped to protect his loins, and it provided a convenient support from which to suspend the sword. When a soldier girded his loins, he was getting ready for battle. Paul used the soldier’s belt to illustrate the extent to which Scriptural truth should influence our lives. It should be tightly wrapped around us, as it were, so that we live in harmony with the truth and can defend it on any occasion. (Psalm 43:3; 1 Peter 3:15) To that end, we need to study the Bible diligently and meditate on its contents. Jesus had God’s law ‘within his inward parts.’ (Psalm 40:8) When questioned by opposers, he could therefore respond by quoting the Scriptures from memory.—Matthew 19:3-6; 22:23-32.​

When we allow Bible truth to guide us, it can protect us from faulty reasoning and enable us to make wise decisions. During times of temptation or trial, the Bible’s guidelines will strengthen our resolve to do what is right. In effect, we will see our Grand Instructor, Jehovah, and will hear a word behind us saying: "This is the way. Walk in it."—Isaiah 30:20, 21.

Back