CR Bible Jeopardy & Trivia Challenge

Bandit

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,172
Reaction score
0
Points
0
CR Bible Jeopardy & Trivia Challenge


(With permission of the moderators)



I thought this would be kind of fun from time to time, treated like a game of trivia.

1) Someone ask a Bible question, looking for a specific answer from the 66 Books of the Bible.

2) When someone gets the answer correct, that person will ask the next question.

3) If the answer is wrong, then the person with the question can step in and show what answer they are looking for using the specific scripture. The leader of the question can choose to ask another question or pass the trivia on to the one who answered.

4) Any translation is acceptable for the game. To avoid conflict in the fun, if this should happen, and so that we are all using the same material, the KJV will be the final determining Q&A.



This may bring up some good topics for discussion and everyone who wants to join can play.



*Please avoid the foolish questions that do not have a definite answer and lead to 1 Timothy 6:4

He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,



Below is a link to an example of good trivia



http://trivia.crossdaily.com/



One Example:

Where was Mary when the angel of the Lord appeared to her, when he announced the news that she was to give birth to a son named Jesus?
1) Jerusalem
2) Bethlehem
3) Nazareth
4) Hebron
 
First Question

Fill in the blank.



What did Jesus say about Greater love hath no man than this, __________________.
 
Bellamente said:
that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
correct Bellamente and welcome to the Boards:)
you have the ball
 
Thanks :)

A symbolic term used to designate the Christian church in its relation to Christ as one who is a pure virgin.
What is the name of this term??
 
hmmm

not sure if this is what you are looking for but I will go with the term BRIDE.

II Cor. 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

John 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice: thus my joy therefore is fulfilled. [John the Baptist clarifying that he is not the Christ, the Bridegroom]

Eph 5:25-27 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalm, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
 
right. Bride of Christ:)

ok then. this is kind of tricky so There will be a little lee way in the answer since I am not good at math and I hope someone else here is.

How much time (approximate) did Noah spend on the Ark, from the time it began raining to the time they actually got off?
So, I am looking for not less than, but not more than in the answer.:D

extra bonus:
After they all entered the Ark, Who shut the door?
 
Bellamente said:
150 days???

Then the LORD shut him in. Genesis 7:16
you got it:) that is the minimum. It seems there in Gen 8., They stayed on another 40 days and then another week, and then another week after that. So I am guessing 7 or 8 months total.
at any rate it is between 6 months and one year and yes it was the Lord who shut him in.

anyone with a calculator? LOL

;) you are up to bat again Bellamente.
 
Bandit said:
you got it:) that is the minimum. It seems there in Gen 8., They stayed on another 40 days and then another week, and then another week after that. So I am guessing 7 or 8 months total.
at any rate it is between 6 months and one year and yes it was the Lord who shut him in.

anyone with a calculator? LOL

;) you are up to bat again Bellamente.
The first time Samson said to his wife that he could be overcome...what did he tell her had to happen?

v/r

Q
 
Quahom1 said:
The first time Samson said to his wife that he could be overcome...what did he tell her had to happen?

v/r

Q
i think this was the strength that came from not cutting his hair, which he should have never told. right?
i dont have the verse cause i am out the door for work, let me know.
 
Bandit said:
i think this was the strength that came from not cutting his hair, which he should have never told. right?
i dont have the verse cause i am out the door for work, let me know.
He did not tell her to cut his hair...;)
 
she wanted to know how he got his strength and that was in his hair. (actually that part was in an oath i think)

what you mean by him being overcome Q?
 
Bandit said:
i think this was the strength that came from not cutting his hair, which he should have never told. right?
i dont have the verse cause i am out the door for work, let me know.
"si vous m'attachez avec sept bowstrings je perdrai ma puissance."

Si means if, and puissance means "weak"...the third word is a given.

:D no more. Go look it up.

v/r

Q
 
Solomons mines are hard to find you have to look somewhere _ _ _ _ _ ?

HINT answer coined a phrase used when describing distance. with a slightly different spelling.
 
Basstian said:
Seven green "withs" and I will be as weak as a normal man. :D
He was tricky tricky
Seven bowstrings, bind me, and I shall be as weak as a lamb...

What was the second thing he told his wife?

;) (think I'll let ya'll off that easy?) hint - seafarers call them lines...

v/r

Q
 
Last edited:
Q will this work for all the answers to the trick questions?:D

16:11 And he said unto her, If they bind me fast with new ropes that never were occupied, then shall I be weak, and be as another man.

16:13 And Delilah said unto Samson, Hitherto thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: tell me wherewith thou mightest be bound. And he said unto her, If thou weavest the seven locks of my head with the web.

16:17 That he told her all his heart, and said unto her, There hath not come a razor upon mine head; for I have been a Nazarite unto God from my mother's womb: if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man.

Basstian I am still working on yours.Tricky Tricky Tricky:D
 
Bandit said:
Q will this work for all the answers to the trick questions?:D

16:11 And he said unto her, If they bind me fast with new ropes that never were occupied, then shall I be weak, and be as another man.

16:13 And Delilah said unto Samson, Hitherto thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: tell me wherewith thou mightest be bound. And he said unto her, If thou weavest the seven locks of my head with the web.

16:17 That he told her all his heart, and said unto her, There hath not come a razor upon mine head; for I have been a Nazarite unto God from my mother's womb: if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man.

Basstian I am still working on yours.Tricky Tricky Tricky:D
Awwwwwwhhh! I thought you wanted people to READ the Bible to FIND the ANSWERS...! :( :D

dad gum it...

v/r

Q
 
Back
Top