Do angels have free will?

Do angels have free will?

• Total voters

robocombot

Disciple
Reaction score
Are angels created as Gods messengers and servents only, to minister to the faithful according to the will of God?

Or do angels choose freely to obey God and minister to man out of free will?

How do we explain Fallen Angels - who rejected God - unless they have free will?

Dear robocombot

robocombot said:
1. Are angels created as Gods messengers and servents only, to minister to the faithful according to the will of God?

2. Or do angels choose freely to obey God and minister to man out of free will?

3. How do we explain Fallen Angels - who rejected God - unless they have free will?

1. Yes

2. Both, yes free to save, help and heal in response to the call.

3. Well all we have to do is look at ourselves if we had not separated ourselves from GOD we would not have fallen down dimensional reality. But it is against universal law for any being to intervene without being invited to do so. Probably why we also have to ask for intervention from Jesus to help us with our salavation.

We all have wings...self development and purification of the soul is teaching the soul to fly!

being love

Kim xx

I heard a pastor say in a sermon that he believes we will have free will even in eternity.

didymus said:
I heard a pastor say in a sermon that he believes we will have free will even in eternity.
Though man is not Angel (and never will be), we will stand in judgement over angels (that is in the Bible). As of now we are made a little lower than angels (someone once told me here that it was by at least 11 orders lower). According to Biblical scripture, roughly 1/3 rd of the angels rebelled and fell. To me, the act of rebellion is definitely a will issue, of significant magnitude. Because there was a war in heaven prior to the fall, that indicates free will, along with strong emotions.

By contrast, Revelations states that 2/3 rds of man will be destroyed in the end times, because of willful rebellion.

Hmmm...

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
By contrast, Revelations states that 2/3 rds of man will be destroyed in the end times, because of willful rebellion.

Q

Can you provide a passage for that Q?

being love

kim xx

Sacredstar said:
Can you provide a passage for that Q?

being love

kim xx
Sure will, but my bad, it is 3/8ths not two thirds. Of course it can be argued that half are killed, but there is no specific number to validate that...only 3/8ths. then again, I could have missed a passage that gave me the original number I started with, and it still sticks in my mind... oh well.

Rev : 6:8, and then again in Rev : 8:10, and once more in Rev 8:15.

v/r

Q

Thank you Q I will review

Here more about the Angels and what Jesus said

The Jesus Prophecies

‘The harvest is the end of the age,
and the harvesters are angels.’

The angels that Jesus speaks off are the souls that have learnt to fly due to their own self development, self healing and purification. Self development teaches the soul to fly! Angels are divine love who are compelled by love to take compassionate action.

He also said ‘As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father, he who as ears let him hear. Matt 13:39-43 ‘Every plant that my heavenly father has not planted will be pulled up by its roots. Matt 15:13 These roots that Jesus speaks of are the roots of selfishness, for GOD planted the seed of the goodness and the spirit of Christ in each of his children.

Jesus said, ‘I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes Father, for this was your good pleasure.’ Matt 11:25-26

Love beyond measure

Kim xx

Dear Q

I have viewed the passages

Revelation 8:10-15  (NIV)

10 The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water–

11 the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

It states that the water will turn bitter and we are witnessing this now, our waters are full of pollution and prozac. It does not state categorically how many people will die.

12 The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

One could stretch this and say that a third of the earth will be struck, which would confirm a prophecy that I received in 1996 which said 'one third of the world population will cease to walk the earth' but yet I feel it still does not say this literally because it mentions the planet but not the people on the planet.

13 As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: “Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!”

being love

kim xx

robocombot said:
i read that they do not have free will - i think that is Islamic teaching.:confused:

Muslim and Jewish teaching is that angels have no free will. Sometimes the angels are merely understood as something like metaphorical expressions of God's power manifest in the world being explained in human terms. I'm not sure if this is also true for Islam but it might be.

Dauer

robocombot said:
i read that they do not have free will - i think that is Islamic teaching.:confused:
Well it was pointed out earlier that the beings that fell from grace (in Islam) were Jins, and we were told that Jins did have free will, where as the angels never fell (wish I could remember who told me that, maybe Friend did).

v/r

Q

Revelation 8:10 reminds me of astronomical predictions. They see the earth's magnetic field is slowly weakening. This magnetic field is the only thing that stops us from getting pelted by space dust and meteors. They aren't sure when the magnetic field will die but they say it is not a matter of if it will die, but when it will die. Could be 100 years could be 1000.

I'm sure that space dust or meteors could look like a great star colliding with the earth.

didymus said:
Revelation 8:10 reminds me of astronomical predictions. They see the earth's magnetic field is slowly weakening. This magnetic field is the only thing that stops us from getting pelted by space dust and meteors. They aren't sure when the magnetic field will die but they say it is not a matter of if it will die, but when it will die. Could be 100 years could be 1000.

I'm sure that space dust or meteors could look like a great star colliding with the earth.
Ok, I'm not sure what this has to do with angels and free will, but I'll bight. ;) In order for the earths magnetic field to weaken, the earth's core must begin to cool...oh wait. I see. Earthquakes will begin, the atmosphere begins to escape, continental shelves shift, radiation burns, weather patterns shift radically...(the angels carrying out the plagues...). and the beginnings of "birth pangs" of the world, as it did once before...

But isn't that mixing Christianity and evolution? And are you saying there are no angelic influences in this? (such as carrying out orders from God)

I see both sides of this "coin", but I'm curious which side you are looking at...

;)

v/r

Q

I was just referring to the verse pointed out , Rev 8:10. This remided me of the possibility of us getting hit by something from space. Yes, I do mix evolution, science and the like with my belief in God. As far as angels go, how the heck would I know?:) There may very well be angels swarming all over the place as we speak now but I can't see them. I'd like to think they are there, that would be far out man.:cool:

didymus said:
I was just referring to the verse pointed out , Rev 8:10. This remided me of the possibility of us getting hit by something from space. Yes, I do mix evolution, science and the like with my belief in God. As far as angels go, how the heck would I know?:) There may very well be angels swarming all over the place as we speak now but I can't see them. I'd like to think they are there, that would be far out man.:cool:
Far out indeed sir! But then there is the old adage...ask and ye shall receive...:D

v/r

Q

Definitely an issue for Mysticism - would be great to see some old Mystic masters cracked out for this one with supporting quotes on the issue - Eliphas Levi and John Dee, etc. :)

Dear Didymus

Yes I see this as a problem, as we move further forward into the 21st century the boundaries and walls of separation are being brought down between science, religion and spirituality. But yet if religion is not prepared to allow these walls to come down religion will eventually be alienated by society which would be very sad for all those that lost their lives to sustain and maintain it.

being love

kim xx

There is a wonderful analogy that Zalman Schachter-Shalomi gave when he was part of a Jewish delegation to the Dali Lama of the Jewish view of angels which I will paraphrase, that they are like the transformers on an electrical tower, bringing the electricity down to the lower levels.

Back