We are the Messiah (Edited version)

amlhabibi2000

We are the Messiah....
Reaction score
Hi
I would like to discuss the following....

We are the Messiah, the Prophets, the Manifestations of God and People of Spirit a living Messiah in the Multitudes not one of us but all of us. We are all Messengers of God. We are all equally responsible for the care and well being of each other and the world.......

{moderator removed email link}

Anne Marie Elderkin-Habibi

Last edited by a moderator:
If by like-minded you mean, "Do any y'all want world peace and believe that every individual, as a part of the world community, carries the seeds of that new today? Plant with me now. Can I get a holla?"

Or if you mean something similar to that, then probably yes. But if you mean something different, then maybe no. What do you mean?

Dauer

We are the Messiah, the Prophets, the Manifestations of God and People of Spirit a living Messiah in the Multitudes not one of us but all of us. We are all Messengers of God. We are all equally responsible for the care and well being of each other and the world.......
Complete utter rubbish from my point of view, However it is a great thought. There's probably more evil behavior today then there was 2000 years ago. ;) Homosexuality and paedophilia back in fashion, wars, evil money making companies, disgusting family values, and children out of control, drugs, and evil cults, aids and many more modern illness's out of control.. God needs to be sent in again.

dauer said:
If by like-minded you mean, "Do any y'all want world peace and believe that every individual, as a part of the world community, carries the seeds of that new today? Plant with me now. Can I get a holla?"

Or if you mean something similar to that, then probably yes. But if you mean something different, then maybe no. What do you mean?

Dauer
Yes Dauer I guess that is what I am saying in a round abouit way.

That each of us is special and each of us brings special gifts to the world.

That we all need to work together to make the world a better place....

As for the other questions:

Homosexuality is in it self not a huge problem unless people are being forced or tricked into it, this type of feeling happen naturally however we all have freedom of choice to choose if we act on them.

As for pedophilia that can happen whether a person is in a relationship or not. I can happen to anyone at any point in their lives if they are not educated on the stages and levels of sexual frustration and what to do to keep the extreems away. Also access to excellent information on sexual health and the freedom to access this as well as dignity in access too.

There is hope for the world and it begins with us!

That each of us is special and each of us brings special gifts to the world.

That we all need to work together to make the world a better place....
I was walking past a tree and I wondered if it knew that I existed like I knew it did.. We have humans on earth are destroying the trees and we have those that love the trees and replant them, our knowledge and capabilities go well beyond the tree, more humans care and respect tress then don't, because they keep us alive, by there fruits and oxygen and they give us beauty.... Maybe this sort of relationship we have with the tree, we humans have some sort of higher one and similar one to God.... A human will always be human and we not hear permanently, life is short no matter how long you live for, just as the tree accepts when it is turned into good use.

The environement is part of our spiritual Economy and our spiritual Environement so making the world a better place goes hand in hand with being environmentally friendly I think.

As I mention we all can make a difference and even more so if we work together....

God Bless

Postmaster said:
I was walking past a tree and I wondered if it knew that I existed like I knew it did.. We have humans on earth are destroying the trees and we have those that love the trees and replant them, our knowledge and capabilities go well beyond the tree, more humans care and respect tress then don't, because they keep us alive, by there fruits and oxygen and they give us beauty.... Maybe this sort of relationship we have with the tree, we humans have some sort of higher one and similar one to God.... A human will always be human and we not hear permanently, life is short no matter how long you live for, just as the tree accepts when it is turned into good use.

In my own experience, trees are sentient. They aren't like us, but they are aware of their own existence. They have feelings too. They can feel pain, and there is grief when forests are chewed up. Whether it is the grief of the plants that are left or the grief of the earth itself, I don't know.

My own belief is that we are all interconnected in this web of life. I have to eat and have shelter now, and when I am gone I will fertilize the soil (I'll be scattered in backcountry and not preserved) and will feed plants, and the cycle will continue. I do believe the cycle is sacred though, and all who are in it, and so I try very hard to take only what I need and give back as much as I can. I do believe that animals and plants are accepting of our needs, but it is a grave injustice to take more than we need. When I see big tracts of forest or great old trees ripped out to put in parking lots or huge tract homes... I feel strongly the grieving of the earth, and the anger at our selfishness. It's hard to explain, but I really think there is sentience there.

I think many people like trees, but I don't know if they respect them as they deserve. There is liking and respecting something because you are getting something from it, and don't want to ruin your resource base. And then there is liking and respecting someone because you can sense their right to life and feel that they are sort of like people. Different people, but people nonetheless. It's kind of like how lots of people treat their pets like family members, like little people, but they don't thank a cow when they eat steak. They don't disrespect or hate cows, but they don't recognize the sacrifice of its life either.

Just my 2c.

As for the thread, I do believe we all can make a difference... and I sincerely hope we do at increasing levels. Our earth needs it. Our children need it. Our hearts need it.

path_of_one said:
In my own experience, trees are sentient. They aren't like us, but they are aware of their own existence. They have feelings too. They can feel pain, and there is grief when forests are chewed up. Whether it is the grief of the plants that are left or the grief of the earth itself, I don't know.

My own belief is that we are all interconnected in this web of life. I have to eat and have shelter now, and when I am gone I will fertilize the soil (I'll be scattered in backcountry and not preserved) and will feed plants, and the cycle will continue. I do believe the cycle is sacred though, and all who are in it, and so I try very hard to take only what I need and give back as much as I can. I do believe that animals and plants are accepting of our needs, but it is a grave injustice to take more than we need. When I see big tracts of forest or great old trees ripped out to put in parking lots or huge tract homes... I feel strongly the grieving of the earth, and the anger at our selfishness. It's hard to explain, but I really think there is sentience there.

I think many people like trees, but I don't know if they respect them as they deserve. There is liking and respecting something because you are getting something from it, and don't want to ruin your resource base. And then there is liking and respecting someone because you can sense their right to life and feel that they are sort of like people. Different people, but people nonetheless. It's kind of like how lots of people treat their pets like family members, like little people, but they don't thank a cow when they eat steak. They don't disrespect or hate cows, but they don't recognize the sacrifice of its life either.

Just my 2c.

As for the thread, I do believe we all can make a difference... and I sincerely hope we do at increasing levels. Our earth needs it. Our children need it. Our hearts need it.
Interesting. By your statement, I come to the conclusion then that we are not the Messiah, not by a long shot. We in fact consider ourselves as God. Big difference. Messiah, means savior. God meaning superior to all.

I for one have a different view and teach that same view to my children. We are Man, given dominion over this earth, and all that is in it, and we are charged with taking care of it and managing it wisely until the "owner" returns.

Unlike any other creature on this planet (big or small), or any other form of life here, Man alone has the power and intelligence to heal this planet (over relatively short time), or crack it wide open and send the remains spiralling into space as so much debris (in virtually an instant).

What we do with that power determines if we are messiah like, or fools (little gods). As a rule we tend to think of ourselves as gods, however, some wise people in positions of power, realized the folly of that thinking throughout history, and used that power to stave off our foolishness' ultimate demise (in the US Teddy Roosevelt in 1906 with his declaration of preserves, federal lands and National forests...Secratary of Interior Seward with his Alaska purchase and logging rules effected on the same...).

Then we have the "tree huggers" who are at the opposite extreme who would rather see a pristine earth (at the expense of the elimination of Mankind).

Somewhere in the middle there is a balance that must be met. But it takes a majority of the population of man thinking and acting and comitting to this way, in order to keept the extremists in check.

The problem is that the majority of man does not like the idea of sacrificing, cooperating, doing without a little now, in order to have a lot later.

What a tangled web...

v/r

Q

I think the big problem is that we know what needs to be done to make the world a better place, however a lot of people are sitting on the fence because they say either they have no resources or they do not want to share their resources.

I believe that when one inspires good in people they will try harder at being good.

I believe in the ability of mankind to be friendlier all round and more environementally friendly too if encouraged a little more.

We can and do make a difference!

Every little bit builds on the body of goodness and makes goodness grow in the world.

That is what I believe.

As for trees they are great and important to our world as they help filtrate the air and water.

Quahom1 said:
Interesting. By your statement, I come to the conclusion then that we are not the Messiah, not by a long shot. We in fact consider ourselves as God. Big difference. Messiah, means savior. God meaning superior to all.

I for one have a different view and teach that same view to my children. We are Man, given dominion over this earth, and all that is in it, and we are charged with taking care of it and managing it wisely until the "owner" returns.

Unlike any other creature on this planet (big or small), or any other form of life here, Man alone has the power and intelligence to heal this planet (over relatively short time), or crack it wide open and send the remains spiralling into space as so much debris (in virtually an instant).

What we do with that power determines if we are messiah like, or fools (little gods).

Somewhere in the middle there is a balance that must be met. But it takes a majority of the population of man thinking and acting and comitting to this way, in order to keept the extremists in check.

The problem is that the majority of man does not like the idea of sacrificing, cooperating, doing without a little now, in order to have a lot later.
I completely agree, Q. I see us as human. I believe we are to be the stewards of God's creation, the earth. I don't think God created the earth for us, but rather that He created us for the earth. We're on a lease program here. God is the landlord and we are just tenants.

In my experience, all nature is sentient. Animals and trees have spirits, feelings, even thoughts and wisdom. I know that is a weird worldview for a Christian, but it is what I have experienced. That said, animals of various sorts and trees and us humans have different wisdoms, gifts, and capabilities (both individually and as groups). In my opinion, you are right that humans alone seem to possess the gift and curse of having the capacity to heal and to destroy earth. And I believe that what we do with this earth is a moral issue that God cares about.

I also agree that we have the choice whether we act like fools, wantonly destroying the tremendous gift and responsibility that is our earth, or like Messiah, healing the earth. Healing the earth, for me, is not fluffy tree-hugging (though I've hugged trees :D - they're typically pretty nice folks). It is finding, as many indigenous/traditional peoples did, the balance in the web of life between taking what you need for survival, and giving back respect and responsible care. We humans are part of nature too, and we deserve to survive and prosper as well. But I don't put us as higher in priority (or even higher in wisdom) than the rest of nature, but rather only higher in responsibility. Native peoples the world over did not sacrifice their own survival for the good of the earth, but rather recognized that their own good and the earth's good was one and the same. Conserving for the earth is conserving for one's future generations, and vice versa. I would also agree with you that humans these days and in this culture have problems with sacrifice and cooperation. We have a very materialistic, now-oriented and self-centered culture, and we see the results not only in the environment but also in our society. For me, this comes down to a spiritual foundation (though I know atheists for whom it comes down to a scientific foundation). In Christ I gain a vision of Messiah that points toward sacrifice, humility, love, self-control, cooperation, peace... and I find inspiration and encouragement in that vision.

path_of_one said:
I completely agree, Q. I see us as human. I believe we are to be the stewards of God's creation, the earth. I don't think God created the earth for us, but rather that He created us for the earth. We're on a lease program here. God is the landlord and we are just tenants.

In my experience, all nature is sentient. Animals and trees have spirits, feelings, even thoughts and wisdom. I know that is a weird worldview for a Christian, but it is what I have experienced. That said, animals of various sorts and trees and us humans have different wisdoms, gifts, and capabilities (both individually and as groups). In my opinion, you are right that humans alone seem to possess the gift and curse of having the capacity to heal and to destroy earth. And I believe that what we do with this earth is a moral issue that God cares about.

I also agree that we have the choice whether we act like fools, wantonly destroying the tremendous gift and responsibility that is our earth, or like Messiah, healing the earth. Healing the earth, for me, is not fluffy tree-hugging (though I've hugged trees :D - they're typically pretty nice folks). It is finding, as many indigenous/traditional peoples did, the balance in the web of life between taking what you need for survival, and giving back respect and responsible care. We humans are part of nature too, and we deserve to survive and prosper as well. But I don't put us as higher in priority (or even higher in wisdom) than the rest of nature, but rather only higher in responsibility. Native peoples the world over did not sacrifice their own survival for the good of the earth, but rather recognized that their own good and the earth's good was one and the same. Conserving for the earth is conserving for one's future generations, and vice versa. I would also agree with you that humans these days and in this culture have problems with sacrifice and cooperation. We have a very materialistic, now-oriented and self-centered culture, and we see the results not only in the environment but also in our society. For me, this comes down to a spiritual foundation (though I know atheists for whom it comes down to a scientific foundation). In Christ I gain a vision of Messiah that points toward sacrifice, humility, love, self-control, cooperation, peace... and I find inspiration and encouragement in that vision.
I don't know if plants are sentient (I strongly suspect some animals besides humans may be). But I do agree that plants feel, and sense things. And I know for certain that animals are not stupid.

Jesus Himself admired the wonders of the Horse.

The earth is not alive, but does carry life. But then again, our bodies are not alive, they merely carry life. So perhaps the earth is alive after a fashion.

the fools are not those who wantonly destroy this planet, but those who let the destroyers do their deeds. Of all the troubles on earth that cause death and demise, only 10 percent is natural. The rest is man made. Ouch!

Oh, I do think the Earth was created for Man, but not the entire Universe. That would be presumptuous and arrogant. Consider, that of this solar system we live in, with its 10 "planets", and 40 some odd "moons", this is the only rock TEAMING with LIFE... There may be life elsewhere or used to be, but on Earth there is lots of it, in great variation, and abundance.

Also, not one new life form has "evolved" to proliferate, but many have gone extinct. Still, there is much life here (Darwin is in trouble). ;)

But I digress.

v/r

Q

No, we're not the Messiah/Christ/annointed one. There is only one true Christ, and that is the Lord Jesus. He is the one that died for the sins of mankind, because God didnt want to lose us to our sins. Because we sined, and because God had to justify his righteous wrath, Jesus took the punishment of the world's sins. He alone is the Messiah!

Ever considered that Jesus never actually died! And as a result he there was no resurrection someone possibly his wife (celibacy is not as far as can tell essential for a sin free life) took him down from the cross tended his wounds then, when he was well enough to travel he left. People seeing him assumed he had risen from the dead which was handy coz for some reason people wanted to kill him. Why do we read stories written thousands of years ago and take them so literally. As for the idea that we are the messiah it’s not a bad concept but that’s more of a global consciousness issue (global consciousness is a fact experiments on rats in mazes have proved for me) but ther is no doubt we are all responcable for the mess we are making. However I think there are and have been many prophets many of whom are never heard. Take a writer who moves millions of people with his books. History decides who the prophets are going to be but they all have something in common they are all mortals.

Back