Mysticism in The Matrix

Discussion in 'Modern Religions' started by MalcomRazor, May 5, 2005.

1. 17th Angel

17th Angel לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות

lol... Quite.

I am simply quoting Matrix quotes.

2. Snoopy

Snoopy Active Member

Hi,

Maybe the Prophet of the Matrix is Mamoru Oshii, director of Ghost in the Shell; the anime film that the Wachowski brothers showed to the producer of the Matrix when they were pitching to make the film.

s.

3. Popeyesays

Popeyesays New Member

I finally saw the second Matrix movie last month on DVD and was quite impressed with it as a movie. However, as to religious content it makes a good movie.

Regards,
    Scott

4. 17th Angel

In seriousness... I can see how there is "religious" content within the films. They say the chronicles of narnia(sp?) are regarding the sacrafice of the son of jah. Well, once you've watched the Matrix trio... Neo becomes more like a digital christ. Enjoy the second one Scott? You, have, to watch the final movie now.... Normally with these type of films... The follow on films are half assed and lazy... but the work seems to have been kept to the same standard and pace as the first...

-Edit-
    Slightly off topic, who is the man in the painting behind you?

Back onto the Matrix... I have been thinking it over... I can not relate drugs... To this film. We shall break this down to an example...

The matrix = the internet
    person in the matrix = whoever is reading this..... This is your computer.

I want to hack into your computer, furthermore I want to -remove- you from the internet. This I can accomplish. How? I simply insert a virus into you, the person in the matrix... Most fun I guess would be a Trojan, Which we shall call, 'the red pill' If I can get you to accept this into your computer. Now it is in your computer I can do what I darn well please... So I can disconnect you from the matrix... And alas! You are now in the real world....

5. Snoopy

Snoopy Active Member

Hi,

The website of the Matrix religion seems unavailable. Has the program terminated?

Religions can start from all sorts of strange things can’t they…(mentioning no short Hollywood actors)…just look at what has happened since the release of the religious epic “The Sound of Music.” I believe its followers are called Trappists?

Homage to the Edelweiss.
    Homage to the Warm Woolen Mittens.
    Homage to the Goatherd.

s.

6. 17th Angel

7. Snoopy

Snoopy Active Member

maybe I took the wrong pill...

8. 17th Angel

The RED snoopy! The RED one!!! *rolls eyes* And remeber, there is NO spoon. *smack on the backside* Ok go get them tiger, you're ready.

9. Snoopy

Snoopy Active Member

I prefer Whiskas Dentabits and they keep my fangs nice and sharp - for when I come across a Mr Smith:D

10. 17th Angel

My cats are addicted to those things...

11. Snoopy

Snoopy Active Member

and mine!

12. Popeyesays

Popeyesays New Member

The man in the painting behind me is Abdu'l Baha. It's a portrait of him standing at the rail of the RMS Cedric which brought him from Britain to the United States. There's a ship in the background which I surmise is the RMS Titanic, on which ship Abdu'l Baha was given tickets. He turned them in to White Star Lines for much less expensive tickets on the Cedric.

Regards,
    Scott

13. 17th Angel

Wow.. forgive my ignorance and change of topic there, but I just had to know that.. Thank you.