Luciferianism

SHYSTAR said:
Hi, everyone;
Q. Does the five pointed star (point downwards) symbolise satan in anyway?

- sorry for any interuption to your discussion , this kinda seemed relevant to the topic - p.s i'm new ( sorry for any boo boo's)

love always :)

The inverted pentagram is the face of the goat...... The two top his horns the left and right his ears and the bottom one his chinny chin chin ;)

17th Angel said:
The inverted pentagram is the face of the goat...... The two top his horns the left and right his ears and the bottom one his chinny chin chin ;)

yes that is what i have seen also.

i think this one is kind of cool from that site.

s28.jpg

btw, i have a three foot, 5 pointed star. it goes out with red white & blue lights on the 4th. orange lights on halloween &, red & green lights for Christmas. it is positioned on an angle so there is no 1 point going up & no 1 point going down.:)

Bandit said:
btw, i have a three foot, 5 pointed star. it goes out with red white & blue lights on the 4th. orange lights on halloween &, red & green lights for Christmas. it is positioned on an angle so there is no 1 point going up & no 1 point going down.:)

I have an inverted pentagram on my neck.... :\

240386.jpg

(Chong): One time I played Black Sabbath at 78 speed, man.
(Cheech): And then what happened?

(Chong): I saw God!
... and lo, He was a/n (upright, 5-pointed) Star! ;)
andrew

Bandit said:

Very P.C. of you Bandit!:)

Saul said:
Interesting discussion,

However it amazes me, as was suggested in the begining of the thread, that some people would believe in multiple Gods and take Satan as a equal to the Lord G-d himself.

As a monotheist the idea that Satan, or any other creature or force in the Universe would have power anywhere near equal to G-d is ridiculously childish.

At the same time you are entitled to believe what you like, and this is a open forum.

But i have to ask; If G-d won the war against Satan, by "secretly invading paradise" and casting him out, why wouldent he destroy him? why would he let Satan go?

In my view Satan is nothing more then a loyal servant of the Lord, an "agent provocateur" if you like.

"Hear O Israel! The Lord is your God, the Lord is One"

Ave,

How is the idea of Satan being an equal to Jehovah any more childish than an allegedly "infinite" being who feels jelousy? However, I really don't concern myself with the whole "my god is bigger than your god" thing. Satan has been a valuable companion in my walk down life's paths and I find his qualities admirable and relatable.

Ave,
Mastorn

Mastorn said:
Ave,

How is the idea of Satan being an equal to Jehovah any more childish than an allegedly "infinite" being who feels jelousy? However, I really don't concern myself with the whole "my god is bigger than your god" thing. Satan has been a valuable companion in my walk down life's paths and I find his qualities admirable and relatable.

Ave,
Mastorn
What qualities do you find admirable. I can understand relateable but not the amirable.:confused:

It's been some time since I was last in Amsterdam, 1986 I think, but remember coming across a church clad in black granite or marble. Engraved in the stone, (in addition to a few symbols), in gold lettering it stated either 'Church of Lucifer' or 'Church of Satan', I think the former but I'm not going to swear on it. This level of organisation, or for that matter finance, does not seem to really be reflected in the posts on this thread nor the links, in the cursory glance I have given them.
This church was not a tiny little building converted to that purpose but a substantial church and situated not further than about 600 meters from central station. So there must be quite a large and organised group of Luciferians or Satanists out there that have need of a church for their practices.
Anyone know anything about this church and what they get up to inside it?

Satan the devil .....The spirit creature who is the chief adversary of Jehovah God and of all who worship the true God. The name Satan was given to him because of his becoming a resister of Jehovah. Satan is also known as the Devil, because he is the foremost slanderer of God.............but if we do our homework we find out that lucifer is a name given to a man , not to satan the devil,

The Hebrew word translated "Lucifer" means "shining one

Lucifer is not a name Scripturally given to Satan

Lucifer, has been agreed to be different form Satan:

LUCIFER: Son of the Dawn.

He is the 'Bearer of Light' and God of the Evening Star and Morning Star. He denies any connection with SATAN or any scaly tailed entity with horns.

So, Luciferianism is not devil worshipping.
Satanism is!

)O(

I just joined not five minutes ago. So this will have to do for my introduction. I've recently done some reading on The Temple of Set, which is a form of Satanism. I wasn't patient enough to go through and read all four pages of this thread; so I apologize. Is there anyone here who can tell me more about TOS? I really don't have a religion at the moment, but I have more than a few vague concepts of one. One that is, to me, nameless. I desire to 'find' a religion (despite how immature that may sound) that I can call my own. I desire as well, to have others I can discuss it with. Is anyone willing to guide me in the way of TOS or anything rather like it? I would be very grateful.

euroguro said:
I just joined not five minutes ago. So this will have to do for my introduction. I've recently done some reading on The Temple of Set, which is a form of Satanism. I wasn't patient enough to go through and read all four pages of this thread; so I apologize. Is there anyone here who can tell me more about TOS? I really don't have a religion at the moment, but I have more than a few vague concepts of one. One that is, to me, nameless. I desire to 'find' a religion (despite how immature that may sound) that I can call my own. I desire as well, to have others I can discuss it with. Is anyone willing to guide me in the way of TOS or anything rather like it? I would be very grateful.

I read your post first. Now I've started reading the thread from the beginning. Post 7 might be of interest to you. I have not yet read all of it but often people respond to things in earlier posts. So it might be helpful for you to read the posts coming after #7, too. You could also do a google search.

I've read the whole thing now. I think it was Post 19 that also referred to Set.

I see some questions on this last page that I think are answered earlier in the thread, for example what qualities are admirable in Satan. It's worth reading. I worked my way through. I did not read the websites but they are listed for those who have further questions.

Also, a few of the posts offer that they are willing to answer questions. They were written so long ago the people might no longer be watching the thread but if I were hard up I'd try contacting them via email or pm (private message).

I suppose there's some sort of counter-cultural identity value in coming out for Satan, but aside from affecting a gothy-cool exterior, what's the point?

Chris

China Cat Sunflower said:
I suppose there's some sort of counter-cultural identity value in coming out for Satan, but aside from affecting a gothy-cool exterior, what's the point?

Chris

Are you asking me why I found this thread worth reading?

1. It gave me a totally different view of Satanism or similar religions. Knowing that the glorification and embrace of evil is not their goal is very helpful for me.
2. A fair number of posters provided a concise over-view of their beliefs. This allows me to better understand their religion without having to do the extensive and time-consuming research myself.
3. I like to understand people, and know what they believe, and what motivates them. This includes their religions.

If you are asking why anyone would choose one of these religions, I guess you will have to read the posts practitioners have written. I don't think that reading, identifying with, and enjoying the understanding of other religions makes me a member of those religions. It just provides me with a wider range of ideas from which to choose for my own life and for understanding where others are coming from. I came across statements that helped me better understand some of the protests I have heard against Christianity. In short, my goal is to learn and understand all I can about life. This thread has contributed positively to that goal.

One question remains for me. Satanism or Luciferianism are controversial names in places where Christianity is the dominant religion. Why do people choose such a controversial name for their religion? Do they wish to alienate themselves from their neighbours?

I am not challenging anyone's right to choose whatever name they wish for their religion but I personally like to keep a low profile on contraversial issues. Thus, I do not really understand why anyone would take such a contraversial name. I'm sure there are good reasons but I don't know them. Hence my question.

RubySera_Martin said:
Are you asking me why I found this thread worth reading?

1. It gave me a totally different view of Satanism or similar religions. Knowing that the glorification and embrace of evil is not their goal is very helpful for me.
2. A fair number of posters provided a concise over-view of their beliefs. This allows me to better understand their religion without having to do the extensive and time-consuming research myself.
3. I like to understand people, and know what they believe, and what motivates them. This includes their religions.

If you are asking why anyone would choose one of these religions, I guess you will have to read the posts practitioners have written. I don't think that reading, identifying with, and enjoying the understanding of other religions makes me a member of those religions. It just provides me with a wider range of ideas from which to choose for my own life and for understanding where others are coming from. I came across statements that helped me better understand some of the protests I have heard against Christianity. In short, my goal is to learn and understand all I can about life. This thread has contributed positively to that goal.

My post wasn't addressed to you Ruby, but you make good points:
Satanism or Luciferianism are controversial names in places where Christianity is the dominant religion. Why do people choose such a controversial name for their religion? Do they wish to alienate themselves from their neighbours?

This is essentially what I was getting at. What is the point of creating an antithetical religion?

Chris

China Cat Sunflower said:

Chris

coming out for Satan? Gothy-cool exterior? Not sure I follow you on that part of your post.

The point is that there are those of us, that unlike the masses of sheep with their herd mentality, who are more akin to goats walking against the grain and the socially accepted norms. Seeing how Christianity is the religion of the biggest majority of people in our area of the world, and the opponent of the Christian god in their scriptures is Satan, and how the meaning of Satan is 'opposite', opposer, accuser, I see Satan as a fitting symbol for such a movement.

The point is to get people to actually think for themselves rather than living like sheep blindly following to BS dogma spoon-fed to them, (at times force-fed) question ALL things. For there is no truth, only the lie. The lie is a lie because all thing must change, there is no constant. To not change is to stagnate and die.

Do you now comprehend the point? Satan = Opposite/Adversary to Stagnation.

Amitola said:
Lucifer, has been agreed to be different form Satan:

LUCIFER: Son of the Dawn.

He is the 'Bearer of Light' and God of the Evening Star and Morning Star. He denies any connection with SATAN or any scaly tailed entity with horns.

So, Luciferianism is not devil worshipping.
Satanism is!

)O(

Leave it to a fluffy Wiccan to make a comment like that. My profile list me as Luciferian Witch, but I also study a bit on the Trad Craft. You might take a look at the horned Lord of Misrule. All that was needed to make a fitting devil of this god was to equate him with one as he has a very dark countenance.

Back