Mystery Thread

Peanut butter, blackberry jam, onion, and pepper jack cheese sammiches...oh my.

If you have never tried you don't know what you are missing.
For some reason I'm tempted to give it a shot. You have your bitter, your sweet, and your spice. So technically I guess it should work.

Reactions: wil
I made sauerkraut pizza at the request of my oldest son.
I used to run a pizzeria and I was surprised that sauerkraut was one of our toppings. Did you put anything else on it? Which sauce did you use? I did have a Reuben pizza one time, and it was good. But it had corned beef on it. Not really a choice for vegetarians.

I used to run a pizzeria and I was surprised that sauerkraut was one of our toppings. Did you put anything else on it? Which sauce did you use? I did have a Reuben pizza one time, and it was good. But it had corned beef on it. Not really a choice for vegetarians.
My goal was to buy nothing, so I used what I had on hand.

Dough made from scratch, sour cream for sauce. I used shredded Colby Jack, toppings were a layer of thinly sliced(and cooked) potatoes, sauerkraut, scallions, a bit more cheese. It went well.

My goal was to buy nothing, so I used what I had on hand.

Dough made from scratch, sour cream for sauce. I used shredded Colby Jack, toppings were a layer of thinly sliced(and cooked) potatoes, sauerkraut, scallions, a bit more cheese. It went well.
Sounds really good!

This might interest a few of you:

It's simple to mqke (just need an accurate candy thermometer or an accurate digital thermometer.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

This "receipt" came from my LiveJournal feed:
Orange Pinwheels
Makes 24

2 c flour
3 t. baking power
2 T. PLUS ½ c sugar
½ t salt
¼ c. shortening
1 egg, beaten
½ cup milk
Grated rind on I large orange
2 T. butter or margarine, melted

Combine flour, baking soda, 2 T. sugar and salt in a bowl.

Cut in shortening.

Combine milk and egg and add to dry ingredients, stirring with a fork only enough to moisten.
Turn out onto a floured board and knead gently for 30 seconds.

Roll into a rectangle ¼” thick.

Mix the ½ cup sugar and the orange rind.

Brush dough with melted butter and sprinkle with half of the sugar/orange rind mixture.

Roll up dough, from the side, jelly roll fashion and cut into 24 slices, approximately 3/4” thick.

Put in paper muffin cups and sprinkle with the remaining sugar/orange mixture.

Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
Note: she has also greased a round 8” cake pan and put the slices directly into there, sans paper cups. "Either way, they are very yummy." (her words, not mine.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I'm not sure if anyone's interested in these: Wisconsin State Fair Cream Puffs recipe

In case anyone cannot find the link, it's for Wisconsin State Fair cream puffs (the famous ones!) as posted on Taste of Home magazine's site.
Here's another "receipt" that I'm not sure if anyone's interested in for a boar stew:

I can't make it personally due to my allergies (InLove would be :mad: at me for sharing it without trying it first.)
****************************************************************************************
Another "receipt" that InLove would be :mad: at me for not tasting first (but I'm allergic to at least one ingredient):

*Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Something that some of the OFs might want to attempt making (might bring back fond memories of watching TV while eating "dinner"):

I'm not sure if it can be replicated with either some other meat or with veggie "meat".

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

This "receipt" is mostly vegetarian (it's lacto-vegetarian):

I believe another protein can be served alongside the pasta dish, if desired.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Recipe/"Receipt"?

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
I wish I had saved it! It was very good...

Lets see what I can remember... Two ears of corn; cut the corn off, and cook it. Blend 3/4th of it.

Heat about a TBS of ghee, and cook garlic(I did about 3 cloves), a tsp cumin seeds, a tsp mustard seeds, a pinch hing. Cook until it crackles. Break up a few dried red peppers. Cook, stir. Dump your blended corn in, cook a few minutes. Add about a tsp turmeric, tsp chili powder, salt as you prefer. Tsp coriander? Can't remember that one for sure. Cook a few minutes. Add the rest of the corn. Stir. Stir in about a cup of yogurt slowly. This is the tricky part, because you don't want the yogurt to split. I find letting it warm up a bit and mixing some flour into it helps. Heat through. Chop cilantro and add to the top. Eat! Delicious!

A relatively quick/easy fisherman's stew for those who don't have dietary resrictions:

Enjoy!
I'm not sure about this "receipt" since it combines honey and black pepper:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

A "receipt" that is perfect/'purrfect for those who are sensitive to gluten:

It's another situation that InLove would be giving me a piece of her mind (I can't taste the end product due to other allergies.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back