Jesus son of Krishna?

Hello Silverbackman,

Since you think religion would "do better united as one religion that way all the confusion on who is right and who is wrong [would] end", maybe having one language and one government would also "do better...that way all the confusion on who is right and who is wrong [would] end".

"There are 6,800 known languages spoken in the 200 countries of the world. 2,261 have writing systems (the others are only spoken) and about 300 are represented by on-line dictionaries as of May 11, 2004." Personally, I like the idea of having one language solely to communicate with people from around the world. The Internet is the perfect example. Who wants to try translating three or four different languages at the same time when you are chatting with people on messenger? Maybe you do, but not me!!!

I am not touching the one government issue tonight, maybe later with request.

In harmony,

Sassafras

Source for the number of languages in the world: yourDictionary.com

I do not get into a one government but rather and respect and understanding of each others beliefs. The United Nations was instituted as a place where governments come together for one common purpose. For basic human rights. Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Krishna.. Pretty clear that personal worship of Krishna was in place by the 5th century BCE.
MS Security Essentials informs me that the linked file can harm my computer. But when Alexander was returning to Babylon via Sindh/Mekran (Pakistan), they came across bubbling mud wells which were known as 'Rama Kupa' (Rama's Wells). This was recorded by Greek historians (Diodorus) accompanying him. The wells still exist. That was 327 BC. (The ancient geography of India by Maj. General Alexander Cunningham, Surveyor General of Archeology, India, 1871, page 308)

images

An excellent book (IMV, a must) for Indian Geography and History.

The Internet is the perfect example.
Google is available in 123 languages.
Are there no Hare Krishna's on the board to provide us answers to their beliefs on the above three questions? It seems we currently only have the opinions based on others beliefs on the questions...
One does not need to be a Hare-Krishna to answer this question.

"Bhaktivedanta Swami considered Moses, Jesus, and Mohamed to be empowered representatives of God, describing them within his writings as pioneers of the same essential message of dedication to God with love and devotion.

Actually, it doesn't matter – Krishna or Christ – the name is the same. The main point is to follow the injunctions of the Vedic scriptures that recommend chanting the name of God in this age."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prabhupada#Views_on_other_religious_traditions
Maybe you should drop by the Baha'i forum and get a second opinion by the Baha'is. You will be amazed at the answers :)
Have they been able to unify all religions?

I like that, Aupmanyav. My bride (a practicing Native American Church type) has a simple answer "they were and are all jut one soul". I think that the Santhana Dharma does a better job "unifying all religions" than anyone, including Quakers and Bahais. Why? Are there atheist Bahais? Are there polytheist Quakers? (the first I am pretty certain is a no, the second, not unless neo-pagans are polytheists--not what they are known for).

I like that, Aupmanyav. My bride (a practicing Native American Church type) has a simple answer "they were and are all jut one soul". I think that the Santhana Dharma does a better job "unifying all religions" than anyone, including Quakers and Bahais. Why? Are there atheist Bahais? Are there polytheist Quakers? (the first I am pretty certain is a no, the second, not unless neo-pagans are polytheists--not what they are known for).

As a Hindu, I don't see it as a question of unifying, but more a question of getting along. There is a unity in diversity that comes about from respecting the right to differences. Certainly, Hinduism has it's universalist leaning branches, but to see much unity or sameness within the philosophies of all the major sects of Hinduism is oversimplification. That's just within Hinduism, let alone within all the religions. I think it's quite the stretch to think Krishna and Christ are at all the same.

I appreciate it. I really should have said "unifying all theologies" or "viewpoints". Allow the room (much like different Native American religions allow such wide and open diversity).

I happen to think there really is but one oversoul, and if one is in touch with it, one shares it. So you may think it a stretch, but in some manner "beyond" the souls of the great souled ones is shared.

Namaste Senthil... I think there are tens of thousands of Christian sects....how many hindu ones are there?? What are their big differences?....similarities...

I appreciate it. I really should have said "unifying all theologies" or "viewpoints". Allow the room (much like different Native American religions allow such wide and open diversity).

I happen to think there really is but one oversoul, and if one is in touch with it, one shares it. So you may think it a stretch, but in some manner "beyond" the souls of the great souled ones is shared.

I agree with that, but I don't necessarily think all faiths lead to it. In the classic and oft-quoted statement, 'one truth, many paths' it does not say that each path leads to this truth. Perhaps some don't make it to the top.

Namaste Senthil... I think there are tens of thousands of Christian sects....how many hindu ones are there?? What are their big differences?....similarities...

Hinduism's diversity is more like the 3 Abrahamic religions combined. There are 4 main sects ... Smarta, Saiva, Shakta, and Vaishnava. Within Saivism there are 4 main schools, and within each school several smaller subsects. Within each of those there are Guru lineages. We have dual, non-dual, monism, and pluralism, inclusive monotheism, and even atheism. Scripture is vast in sruti (Vedas and Agamas) and smrti (written by men, Puranas,)

Besides there are some 20 languages of over 10 million speakers, and the liturgical Sanskrit. So yeah, it's complicated. A good comoilation of the basics is 'What is Hinduism' by Himalayan Academy. it's written by Hindus for Hindus, and doesn't have the western scholar bias in many introductory books.

Hinduism's diversity is more like the 3 Abrahamic religions combined. There are 4 main sects ... Smarta, Saiva, Shakta, and Vaishnava. Within Saivism there are 4 main schools, and within each school several smaller subsects. Within each of those there are Guru lineages. We have dual, non-dual, monism, and pluralism, inclusive monotheism, and even atheism. Scripture is vast in sruti (Vedas and Agamas) and smrti (written by men, Puranas,)

Besides there are some 20 languages of over 10 million speakers, and the liturgical Sanskrit. So yeah, it's complicated. A good comoilation of the basics is 'What is Hinduism' by Himalayan Academy. it's written by Hindus for Hindus, and doesn't have the western scholar bias in many introductory books.
Sanskrit is very old.

As a Hindu, I don't see it as a question of unifying, but more a question of getting along.
As a Catholic, I agree absolutely.

There is a unity in diversity that comes about from respecting the right to differences.
I would also add that dialogue between the 'institutional' traditions goes on out of the public gaze, and often on lot better terms than the dialogue occurs here :D

I think it's quite the stretch to think Krishna and Christ are at all the same.
So do I.

As a Catholic, I agree absolutely.

I would also add that dialogue between the 'institutional' traditions goes on out of the public gaze, and often on lot better terms than the dialogue occurs here :D

So do I.

Yes, it's interesting how the people of well established traditions take very similar views towards universalism and some of its assumptions regarding similarities.

I agree with that, but I don't necessarily think all faiths lead to it. In the classic and oft-quoted statement, 'one truth, many paths' it does not say that each path leads to this truth. Perhaps some don't make it to the top.

Plese note, I did not sy "all paths", merely many.

Belief systems are simply cultural constructs. Different cultures apply the same symbols in different ways.

When people claim their religions are different, they are simply noting the cultural differences.

Astonishingly, your sky is the same as mine. :)

Belief systems are simply cultural constructs. Different cultures apply the same symbols in different ways.

When people claim their religions are different, they are simply noting the cultural differences.

I agree with your statement.

Namaste and thanx Senthil for the info...

I'm believing not only in many paths but many mountain tops...

I'm not believing Christ and Krishna as the same....but as one. Jesus is the flesh, he developed an understanding of the one...(I and the father are one, we are all sons and daughters of the living G!d).

Not Jesus Christ, it wasn't his last name, but Jesus the Christ, or Christed Jesus. Paul said, put the mind of Christ in your mind....Develop the same understanding that he had. When one attains that enlightenment...one realizes one can only really grock the father, oneness, through that enlightenment.....the only way is through that Christ Mind, Christ Consciousness....

Of course again...many paths, many mountains....this is my path, my mountain.

Unity in diversity. We should all take the classes at the Unidiversity level...

Nothing ashtonishing. Our sky may be the same but our religions are not. You have to worship your only jealous Gods (talking of monotheistic religions). All those who do not, suffer in hell for eternity. We have no such obligation. We can worship a thousand Gods or Goddesses, three, one, or none (with no deleterious consequences). Our Gods and Goddesses do not mind if others do not worship them.

Good one, aupmanyav! That is why I stated "many paths". Most of those who claim to be Christians or Muslims would exclude a large portion of the rest of humanity from any notions of the d!vine. There are groups within both of these and throughout the remaining "pagan" world which have a completely different interpretation (Sanathana Dharma being the largest, of course).

Back