A Christian, a Jew, and a Muslim...

iBrian

Peace, Love and Unity
Veteran Member
Reaction score
There was a Christian, a Jew, and a Muslim, and they...

Well, actually, there were a few of each - Protestant, Catholic, non-denominational; Conservative, Liberal; Sunni, Shi'a, and even Sufi.

And a few Buddhists (from Theravada to Zen). And Taoists.

A few Hindu's as well representing the Sanatama Dharma, from India and Tamil. And Sikh's.

Neopagans, Wiccans, Mystics, Witches, Celtic Reconstructionists, Satanists, and people from the New Age.

And a number of Baha'i, a pair of Rastafarians, a Hare Krishna, and a Native American.

Don't forget the Gnostics and a Zoroastrian, too.

Theists, Deists, Pantheists - Agnostics and Atheists and Humanists, as well.

And they all were part of the online community at comparative-religion.com.

And do you know what?

They were all able to have civil discussions about faith and religion, together in that place.

Isn't that amazing?

yes it is amazing. thank you for that beautiful sermon, Pastor Brian.:)

Normally I hate the idea of being self-congratualtory - in fact, I still do - I see CR as a community that exists pretty much on it's own terms. I act as host, serve the tea and coffee, and keep the hooligans out - little more.

But what amazes me is not simply the diversity represented here, but the fact that we can tackle difficult and personal subjects such as religion and politics, and yet still remains - for the most part - civil and respectful of one another. :)

i understand, Rabbi Brian.:) good leadership has to start with someone, as it is really a complement.a good leader not only serves & appoints, but he knows what he is talking about & is willing to get dirty with the rest to come to terms with things through work, diligence, descent & orderly conduct.
if you put the same group of members into a place where the leadership does not care, well, then we have chaos again.

you give us a complement, so i give you one. there are not very many who could qualify to be concerned & try to stay neutral for the benefit of 6 billion beliefs, while keeping his sanity:cool: .

i wonder what it would be like if we all were in the same building trying to worship at the same time or do whatever it is we do. LOL

mahalo nui brian ....

O ke au i kahuli wela ka honua
At the time of the turning when the earth was heat
O ke au i kahuli lole ka lani
At the time of the change when the heavens turned inside out
O ke au i kuka'iaka ka la
From the sun that arose with dawn of light and washed darkness
out of the night
E ho'omalamalama i ka malama
And illuminated the upper spheres with sunshine
O ke au o Makali'i ka po
The time of the rise of the Pleiades
O ka walewale ho'okumu honua ia
It was at that time that the foundation of this earth was
established by its Imperial Creator
O ke kumo o ka lipo, i lipo ai
Founded in the dim unfathomable past during the Night of
Spiritual Creation
O ke kumu o ka Po, i Po ai
Established in the Celestial world, this flaming earth spun around
and around whirling through the night
O ka lipolipo, o ka lipolipo
Flashing light through the spiritual night,
radiating light through the spiritual night
O ka lipo o ka la, o ka lipo o ka po
Flashing light, dashing from the sun
streaming through the night of its creation
Po wale ho'i
Thus this earth flared into existence
Hanau ka po
The night gave birth (or born in the spiritual country of divinity)

This is the first few lines of a chant with over 2000 lines .... it is our chant of creation ....I share it in deep thanks for what is created here .... he hawai'i au,pohaikawahine

I said:
Normally I hate the idea of being self-congratualtory - in fact, I still do - I see CR as a community that exists pretty much on it's own terms. I act as host, serve the tea and coffee, and keep the hooligans out - little more.

But what amazes me is not simply the diversity represented here, but the fact that we can tackle difficult and personal subjects such as religion and politics, and yet still remains - for the most part - civil and respectful of one another. :)

A wise person once told me not to sing my own praises. He didn't say anything about singing the praises of others. Great job here Brain, your congratulations are well earned and deserved.

Little Sisters of the Sun lit candles in the rain....

We all shared the same disease--
We all sang the songs of peace....

Lay down, lay down--lay it all down...

(Okay, can't remember the rest of those lyrics at the moment)

So I will just say, "Ummm....this website rocks?"

I am pretty picky about my websites.

I honestly believe that there have been so many spiritual questions addressed here that could not have been addressed in the same way anywhere else .;)

I am blessed by it all...

InPeace,
InLove

Bandit said:
good leadership has to start with someone, as it is really a complement.a good leader not only serves & appoints, but he knows what he is talking about & is willing to get dirty with the rest to come to terms with things through work, diligence, descent & orderly conduct.
if you put the same group of members into a place where the leadership does not care, well, then we have chaos again.

you give us a complement, so i give you one. there are not very many who could qualify to be concerned & try to stay neutral for the benefit of 6 billion beliefs, while keeping his sanity:cool: .
Good survives where boundaries are observed, whereas evil spreads freely in the absence of boundaries. ;)

seattlegal said:
Good survives where boundaries are observed, whereas evil spreads freely in the absence of boundaries. ;)

ah yes, seattlegal. i must agree.
i dont think even Ayatollah Brian:) could have said it any better.;)

I said:
There was a Christian, a Jew, and a Muslim, and they...

Well, actually, there were a few of each - Protestant, Catholic, non-denominational; Conservative, Liberal; Sunni, Shi'a, and even Sufi.

And a few Buddhists (from Theravada to Zen). And Taoists.

A few Hindu's as well representing the Sanatama Dharma, from India and Tamil. And Sikh's.

Neopagans, Wiccans, Mystics, Witches, Celtic Reconstructionists, Satanists, and people from the New Age.

And a number of Baha'i, a pair of Rastafarians, a Hare Krishna, and a Native American.

Don't forget the Gnostics and a Zoroastrian, too.

Theists, Deists, Pantheists - Agnostics and Atheists and Humanists, as well.

And they all were part of the online community at comparative-religion.com.

And do you know what?

They were all able to have civil discussions about faith and religion, together in that place.

Isn't that amazing?

Where the heck to I fit in this list? My religious beliefs are so different from many other peoples;). I guess I fall into the "Other" category.

I said:

Well you missed one.

As the US Navy types will remind you, I'm a "Brown water sailor" (they think erroneously), hence a "hooligan sailor". But once a vagabond achieves refuge within a holy place, they can't be taken out...;)

And this is in my opinion, a holy place.

v/r
Q

Quahom1 said:
Well you missed one.

As the US Navy types will remind you, I'm a "Brown water sailor" (they think erroneously), hence a "hooligan sailor". But once a vagabond achieves refuge within a holy place, they can't be taken out...;)

And this is in my opinion, a holy place.
"SANCTUARY! SANCTUARY!", as Quasimoto said...

I too am rather picky about what sites I use and though I am very new to this site I very quickly saw that it was 'special'. The views of so many people and thier beliefs being discussed so freely and with so much mutual respect is inspirational. So Brian you have every reason to be proud of your baby :)

I have been pleasantly surprised by not just the civility, rather at just how advanced the members are! congrats on excellent site. :)

I hope it doesn’t become too big!

Back