the Bible from a Jehovah's Witness perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

mee

Interfaith Forums
Messages
6,363
Reaction score
0
Points
0
enton said:
Anyway, let's see if the Jehovah's witnesses are really preferring to incline to believe of the Hebrew Name of God:



Oh! God's Name - YHWH. But why did they prefer their neology "Jehovah" instead?
Well, the technique is reconstruction:
YHWH (they don't like, but they believe it.)
JHVH (they prefer, but they can't pronounce it.)
J ( E ) H ( O ) V ( A ) H

I wonder who told these JHVHs witnesses that the incorrect JHVH form must be infixed with the vowels e, o, and a (and to exclue, i and u) :rolleyes: , while they accepted YHWH as God's Name.

lachish.gif
[SIZE=-1]Forms of the divine name in different languages, indicating international acceptance of the form Jehovah[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Awabakal - Yehóa
Bugotu - Jihova
Cantonese - Yehwowah
Danish - Jehova
Dutch - Jehovah
Efik - Jehovah
English - Jehovah
Fijian - Jiova
Finnish - Jehova
French - Jéhovah
Futuna - Ihova
German - Jehova
Hungarian - Jehova
Igbo - Jehova
Italian - Geova
Japanese - Ehoba
Maori - Ihowa
Motu - Iehova
Mwala-Malu - Jihova
Narrinyeri - Jehovah
Nembe - Jihova
Petats - Jihouva
Polish - Jehowa
Portuguese - Jeová
Romanian - Iehova
Samoan - Ieova
Sotho - Jehova
Spanish - Jehová
Swahili - Yehova
Swedish - Jehova
Tahitian - Iehova
Tagalog - Jehova
Tongan - Jihova
Venda - Yehova
Xhosa - uYehova
Yoruba - Jehofah
Zulu - uJehova...................................................................................
i wonder who told the YOUNGS LITRAL TRANSLATION ........... to use Jehovah , oh it must be that it is the correct litral translation into English . its good to see that you are using the devine name artical from the official site of JW , it is refreshing to see that people are not relying on half truths about what JW Beliefs are. i think it is always best to go to the official site as this leads to accurate knowledge.
[/SIZE]
 

enton

www.theoldpath.tv
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
City of Truth
mee said:
[SIZE=-1]Forms of the divine name in different languages, indicating international acceptance of the form Jehovah[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Awabakal - Yehóa
Bugotu - Jihova
Cantonese - Yehwowah
Danish - Jehova
Dutch - Jehovah
Efik - Jehovah
English - Jehovah
Fijian - Jiova
Finnish - Jehova
French - Jéhovah
Futuna - Ihova
German - Jehova
Hungarian - Jehova
Igbo - Jehova
Italian - Geova
Japanese - Ehoba
Maori - Ihowa
Motu - Iehova
Mwala-Malu - Jihova
Narrinyeri - Jehovah
Nembe - Jihova
Petats - Jihouva
Polish - Jehowa
Portuguese - Jeová
Romanian - Iehova
Samoan - Ieova
Sotho - Jehova
Spanish - Jehová
Swahili - Yehova
Swedish - Jehova
Tahitian - Iehova
Tagalog - Jehova
Tongan - Jihova
Venda - Yehova
Xhosa - uYehova
Yoruba - Jehofah
Zulu - uJehova...................................................................................
i wonder who told the YOUNGS LITRAL TRANSLATION ........... to use Jehovah , oh it must be that it is the correct litral translation into English . its good to see that you are using the devine name artical from the official site of JW , it is refreshing to see that people are not relying on half truths about what JW Beliefs are. i think it is always best to go to the official site as this leads to accurate knowledge.
[/SIZE]
It's not acceptance but the Jehovah's witnesses' translation of their version of the Bible into different languages.

I wonder why Jehovah's witnesses undertook translation of the Bible, when they could read the word "JEHOVAH" in the King Jame's version of the Bible!

Exodus 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Psalms 83:18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's consult ROBERT YOUNG's version:

Jehovah retained in Exodus 6:3
Jehovah retained in Psalms 83:18
the LORD = Jah and Jehovah retained in Isaiah 12:2

GENESIS 2:4 of Robert Young's literal (but I prefer to describe his translation as "Young's Bible") version:

These are births of the heavens and of the earth in their being prepared, in the day of Jehovah God's making earth and heavens;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, back to the King James version:

GENESIS 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
------------------------------------------------------------------------
With LORD = Jehovah in the minds of Young's Literal translation, I conclude that the Young's translation of Isaiah 12:2 is erroneous:

ISAIAH 12:2 Lo, God is my salvation, I trust, and fear not, For my strength and song is Jah Jehovah, And He is to me for salvation( same as Darby Translation).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
ISAIAH 12:2

NIV Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."

NASB "Behold, God is my salvation,I will trust and not be afraid. For the LORD GOD is my strength and song,And He become my salvation."

THE MESSAGE "Yes, indeed—God is my salvation. I trust, I won't be afraid.
God—yes God!—is my strength and song, best of all, my salvation!"

AMPLIFIED BIBLE Behold, God, my salvation! I will trust and not be afraid, for the Lord God is my strength and song; yes, He has become my salvation.

NEW LIVING TRANSLATION Behold, God, my salvation! I will trust and not be afraid, for the Lord God is my strength and song; yes, He has become my salvation.

ESV "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation."

CEV I trust you to save me, LORD God, and I won't be afraid. My power and my strength come from you, and you have saved me."

NKJV Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; ‘ For YAH, the LORD, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.’”

21st Century KJV Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid; for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; He also has become my salvation."

AMERICAN STANDARD VERSION Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for Jehovah, even Jehovah, is my strength and song; and he is become my salvation.

DARBY TRANSLATION Behold, God is my salvation: I will trust, and not be afraid; for Jah, Jehovah, is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation.

NEW LIFE VERSION See, God saves me. I will trust and not be afraid. For the Lord God is my strength and song. And He has become the One Who saves me."

HCSB Indeed, God is my salvation. I will trust Him and not be afraid. Because Yah, the LORD, is my strength and my song, He has become my salvation."

NIRV God, you are the one who saves us. We will trust in you. Then we won't be afraid. Lord, you give us strength. We sing about you. Lord, you have saved us."

NIV U.K. Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.

TNIV Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my defense ; he has become my salvation."

From http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/

We can note that most translators agree that Isaiah 12:2's "LORD JEHOVAH"of King James (Authorized) version must be "LORD GOD".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, let's refer to another website:

3068 Yhovah yeh-ho-vaw' from 1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord. Compare 3050, 3069. (also pronounced as 136 'Adonay ad-o-noy' am emphatic form of 113; the Lord (used as a proper name of God only):--(my) Lord. )

1961 hayah haw-yaw a primitive root (Compare 1933); to exist, i.e. be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary):--beacon, X altogether, be(-come), accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), do, faint, fall, + follow, happen, X have, last, pertain, quit (one-)self, require, X use.

3050 Yahh yaw contraction for 3068, and meaning the same; Jah, the sacred name:--Jah, the Lord, most vehement. Compare names in "-iah," "- jah."

3069 Yhovih yeh-ho-vee' a variation of 3068 (used after 136, and pronounced by Jews as 430, in order to prevent the repetition of the same sound, since they elsewhere pronounce 3068 as 136):--God. [430 'elohiym el-o-heem' plural of 433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative:--angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.]

www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note, that I searched "Jehovah" and above were the results. Now about "LORD":


113 'adown aw-done' or (shortened) adon {aw-done'}; from an unused root (meaning to rule); sovereign, i.e. controller (human or divine):-- lord, master, owner. Compare also names beginning with "Adoni-". 136 'Adonay ad-o-noy' am emphatic form of 113; the Lord (used as a proper name of God only):--(my) Lord.

Okay!!! To YHWH be the glory!
 

aburaees

Well-Known Member
Messages
189
Reaction score
0
Points
16
There's a pretty good reason why the early Christians and Jews were unfamiliar with the translation "Jehovah"...

It's because none of them spoke English.

Insisting on using the pronunciation "Yahweh" to an English audience is as useful as insisting that the name "John" is pronounced "Yahannan".

I'm more inclined to believe that the original pronuciation was "Yahawah" or "Yahowah".

.
 

wil

UNeyeR1
Moderator
Messages
23,163
Reaction score
2,656
Points
108
Location
a figment of your imagination
aburaees said:
There's a pretty good reason why the early Christians and Jews were unfamiliar with the translation "Jehovah"...It's because none of them spoke English.

Insisting on using the pronunciation "Yahweh" to an English audience is as useful as insisting that the name "John" is pronounced "Yahannan".I'm more inclined to believe that the original pronuciation was "Yahawah" or "Yahowah".
tisn't it true that there intentionally was no pronunciation?
 

Quahom1

What was the question?
Messages
9,906
Reaction score
6
Points
36
Location
Maryland
mee said:
[SIZE=-1]Forms of the divine name in different languages, indicating international acceptance of the form Jehovah[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Awabakal - Yehóa
Bugotu - Jihova
Cantonese - Yehwowah
Danish - Jehova
Dutch - Jehovah
Efik - Jehovah
English - Jehovah
Fijian - Jiova
Finnish - Jehova
French - Jéhovah
Futuna - Ihova
German - Jehova
Hungarian - Jehova
Igbo - Jehova
Italian - Geova
Japanese - Ehoba
Maori - Ihowa
Motu - Iehova
Mwala-Malu - Jihova
Narrinyeri - Jehovah
Nembe - Jihova
Petats - Jihouva
Polish - Jehowa
Portuguese - Jeová
Romanian - Iehova
Samoan - Ieova
Sotho - Jehova
Spanish - Jehová
Swahili - Yehova
Swedish - Jehova
Tahitian - Iehova
Tagalog - Jehova
Tongan - Jihova
Venda - Yehova
Xhosa - uYehova
Yoruba - Jehofah
Zulu - uJehova...................................................................................
i wonder who told the YOUNGS LITRAL TRANSLATION ........... to use Jehovah , oh it must be that it is the correct litral translation into English . its good to see that you are using the devine name artical from the official site of JW , it is refreshing to see that people are not relying on half truths about what JW Beliefs are. i think it is always best to go to the official site as this leads to accurate knowledge.
[/SIZE]

Based on an English derivative of the Hebrew YHWH. But then again, call God what you want, as long as you call on HIM. And HIM is not the Father, but the SON. Ignore the Son and one is no better than any other non Christian professing belief in God, or not. Sorry, but the truth is Jesus is the way, the light and the life...not Jehovah who watches all from afar. There was a reason that Christ came to earth, died, was ressurected and sits at the right hand of the Father (Jehovah), and it wasn't to be ignored...

Yes, I've read your transcripts. I'm not impressed...according to your faith, Jesus is nothing more than a second hand notice, an "oh by the way". That isn't Christian thought. In fact it has nothing to do with Christianity. For certain Islam expresses Jesus in the same light, nice to have, but not important.

If I am wrong, show me.

v/r

Q
 

mee

Interfaith Forums
Messages
6,363
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Quahom1 said:
Based on an English derivative of the Hebrew YHWH. But then again, call God what you want, as long as you call on HIM. And HIM is not the Father, but the SON. Ignore the Son and one is no better than any other non Christian professing belief in God, or not. Sorry, but the truth is Jesus is the way, the light and the life...not Jehovah who watches all from afar. There was a reason that Christ came to earth, died, was ressurected and sits at the right hand of the Father (Jehovah), and it wasn't to be ignored...

Yes, I've read your transcripts. I'm not impressed...according to your faith, Jesus is nothing more than a second hand notice, an "oh by the way". That isn't Christian thought. In fact it has nothing to do with Christianity. For certain Islam expresses Jesus in the same light, nice to have, but not important.

If I am wrong, show me.

v/r

Q
yes as you say, Jesus is very very much a part of Jehovahs purpose for the earth.
"For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life John3;16 but as we can see Jehovah is the one who gave Jesus.
(Romans 8:32) He who did not even spare his own Son but delivered him up for us all, why will he not also with him kindly give us all other things?​

(1 John 4:9) By this the love of God was made manifest in our case, because God sent forth his only-begotten Son into the world that we might gain life through him................ but the bible tells us that Jehovah is the most high

That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,​

You alone are the Most High over all the earth ....psalm 83;18 so we need to take in knowledge about both Jehovah God the Almighty , and Jesus Chirst his son.
This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. John 17;3 that is what i need to do because it is going to take 1000 years for me to get back to a perfect state. as i am full of imperfection;)
 

mee

Interfaith Forums
Messages
6,363
Reaction score
0
Points
0
wil said:
tisn't it true that there intentionally was no pronunciation?
considering that the bible tells us to make his name known , we would need to know that name.
in prayer to his Father, Jesus said: "I have made your name known to them and will make it known." (John 17:26) He knew that it is God’s purpose for his name to be glorified in all the earth, and he set the example in proclaiming and honoring that name.—John 12:28; Isa. 12:4, 5.
And in that day YOU will certainly say: "Give thanks to Jehovah, YOU people! Call upon his name. Make known among the peoples his dealings. Make mention that his name is put on high. Make melody to Jehovah, for he has done surpassingly. This is made known in all the earth
(1 Chronicles 16:8) "Give thanks to Jehovah, YOU people; call upon his name, Make his deeds known among the peoples!​

(Psalm 105:1) GIVE thanks to Jehovah, call upon his name, Make known among the peoples his dealings.

(Romans 10:13) For "everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved."
 

mee

Interfaith Forums
Messages
6,363
Reaction score
0
Points
0
enton said:
I wonder why Jehovah's witnesses undertook translation of the Bible, when they could read the word "JEHOVAH" in the King Jame's version of the Bible!


quote] because the KJV has not been consistant ,they have taken the name of Jehovah out of the translation ,JW have put the name back where it rightly belonged in the first place. just how Jehovah wanted it to be. yes true knowledge will become abundant in the last days.
"As for the word of our God, it will last to time indefinite."—ISAIAH 40:8.
the preservation and the translation of the inspired Scriptures themselves have been by divine providence.
Jehovah did not prevent such tampering with his Word, nor did it change his purpose ,but removing his name was
an attack on the identity of the true God himself. The very nature and extent of the changes gave clear evidence of influence from a source more powerful than any individual man or human organization—yes, influence from Jehovah’s archenemy, Satan the Devil. Yielding to that influence, translators and copyists—some eagerly, others reluctantly—began to remove God’s own personal name, Jehovah, from his inspired Word in the thousands of places where it appeared. but at Jehovahs own time he has made sure that it has been put back where it rightly belongs. yes JW are not the only ones to recognize that Jehovahs name should not have been taken out of the translations. but Jehovah uses whomever he chooses to accomplish his purpose.
in the book of Revelation the anointed Christians are repeatedly shown as having the name of their God written in their foreheads, prominently displayed for all to see. not litrally having his name on their foreheads ,but symbolic.
And I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads. revelation 14;1
and they will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. revelation 22;4 yes ,those who God chooses are making it known for all to see and always have done.
 

enton

www.theoldpath.tv
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
City of Truth
mee said:
enton said:
I wonder why Jehovah's witnesses undertook translation of the Bible, when they could read the word "JEHOVAH" in the King Jame's version of the Bible!


quote] because the KJV has not been consistant ,they have taken the name of Jehovah out of the translation ,JW have put the name back where it rightly belonged in the first place. just how Jehovah wanted it to be. yes true knowledge will become abundant in the last days.
"As for the word of our God, it will last to time indefinite."—ISAIAH 40:8.
the preservation and the translation of the inspired Scriptures themselves have been by divine providence.
Jehovah did not prevent such tampering with his Word, nor did it change his purpose ,but removing his name was
an attack on the identity of the true God himself. The very nature and extent of the changes gave clear evidence of influence from a source more powerful than any individual man or human organization—yes, influence from Jehovah’s archenemy, Satan the Devil. Yielding to that influence, translators and copyists—some eagerly, others reluctantly—began to remove God’s own personal name, Jehovah, from his inspired Word in the thousands of places where it appeared. but at Jehovahs own time he has made sure that it has been put back where it rightly belongs. yes JW are not the only ones to recognize that Jehovahs name should not have been taken out of the translations. but Jehovah uses whomever he chooses to accomplish his purpose.
in the book of Revelation the anointed Christians are repeatedly shown as having the name of their God written in their foreheads, prominently displayed for all to see. not litrally having his name on their foreheads ,but symbolic.
And I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads. revelation 14;1
and they will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. revelation 22;4 yes ,those who God chooses are making it known for all to see and always have done.

410 'el ale shortened from 352; strength; as adjective, mighty; especially the Almighty (but used also of any deity):--God (god), X goodly, X great, idol, might(-y one), power, strong. Compare names in "-el."
3050 Yahh yaw contraction for 3068, and meaning the same; Jah, the sacred name:--Jah, the Lord, most vehement. Compare names in "-iah," "- jah."
3068 Yhovah yeh-ho-vaw' from 1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord. Compare 3050, 3069.
452 'Eliyah ay-lee-yaw' or prolonged tEliyahuw {ay-lee-yaw'-hoo}; from 410 and 3050; God of Jehovah; Elijah, the name of the famous prophet and of two other Israelites:--Elijah, Eliah.

Oh!!! Jehovah has a God? www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html (anyway, Jehovah is not a God but an angel).
 

mee

Interfaith Forums
Messages
6,363
Reaction score
0
Points
0
(E·li´jah) [My God Is Jehovah].
Through Elijah, Jehovah provided a pillar of strength for true worship in a time when Israel’s spiritual and moral condition had fallen to an alarmingly low state
Elijah impressed upon Israel that Jehovah is indeed the true God, yes he really was a prophet of the true God Jehovah
 
Last edited:

mee

Interfaith Forums
Messages
6,363
Reaction score
0
Points
0
so then the bible from a JW perspective. this earth is being ruined , but no worries because Jehovah God is going to bring to ruin those ruining the earth. ....revelation 11;18 .....this earth or planet will NEVER be destroyed by man , because Jehovah God will not allow this planet to be destroyed . if Jehovah God did not step into the affairs of man , man would destroy himself in the end. but no worries, Jehovah God and Jesus christ have it all in hand .His heavenly kingdom goverment is now well established and ready to step into the affairs of man as Daniel 2;44 informs us And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite.............. how great it is to know that this planet is going to be brought back to paradise, and it will all happen through Gods heavenly kingdom goverment , with Jesus as the best king on the throne. and then when Jesus has got rid of all the bad things and even got rid of death itself , he will hand the kingdom back to his father Jehovah God the most high ....just as 1 corinthians 15;24-28 tells us.
Next, the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet. As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing. For [God] "subjected all things under his feet." But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him. But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone .................................yes what a great hope , this earth will be brought back to paradise , and i know that this will happen because the bible promises it, and the bible NEVER EVER tells lies. because it is Gods letter to us .so who wants to live in this wonderful paradise on the earth ,? i know i want too, because Jesus and Jehovah know what is best for us.
 

mee

Interfaith Forums
Messages
6,363
Reaction score
0
Points
0
WHERE​
DID JESUS COME FROM?

The Bible teaches that Jesus lived in heaven before he came to earth. Micah prophesied that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem and also said that His origin was "from early times." (Micah 5:2) On many occasions, Jesus himself said that he lived in heaven before being born as a human. (John 3:13; 6:38, 62; 17:4, 5) As a spirit creature in heaven, Jesus had a special relationship with Jehovah. Jesus is Jehovah’s most precious Son—and for good reason. He is called "the firstborn of all creation," for he was God’s first creation. (Colossians 1:15) There is something else that makes this Son special. He is the "only-begotten Son." (John 3:16) This means that Jesus is the only one directly created by God. Jesus is also the only one whom God used when He created all other things. (Colossians 1:16) Then, too, Jesus is called "the Word." (John 1:14) This tells us that he spoke for God, no doubt delivering messages and instructions to the Father’s other sons, both spirit and human.​
Is the firstborn Son equal to God, as some believe? That is not what the Bible teaches. the Son was created. Obviously, then, he had a beginning, whereas Jehovah God has no beginning or end. (Psalm 90:2) The only-begotten Son never even considered trying to be equal to his Father. The Bible clearly teaches that the Father is greater than the Son. (John 14:28; 1 Corinthians 11:3) Jehovah alone is "God Almighty." (Genesis 17:1) Therefore, he has no equal.
Jehovah and his firstborn Son enjoyed close association for billions of years—long before the starry heavens and the earth were created. How they must have loved each other! (John 3:35; 14:31) This dear Son was just like his Father. That is why the Bible refers to the Son as "the image of the invisible God." (Colossians 1:15) Yes, even as a human son may closely resemble his father in various ways, this heavenly Son reflected his Father’s qualities and personality.
Jehovah’s only-begotten Son willingly left heaven and came down to earth to live as a human. But you may wonder, ‘How was it possible for a spirit creature to be born as a human?’ To accomplish this, Jehovah performed a miracle. He transferred the life of his firstborn Son from heaven to the womb of a Jewish virgin named Mary. No human father was involved. Mary thus gave birth to a perfect son and named him Jesus.—Luke 1:30-35.
 

mee

Interfaith Forums
Messages
6,363
Reaction score
0
Points
0
This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth," said Jesus Christ in his prophecy about "the conclusion of the system of things." (Matthew 24:3, 14) Throughout the earth, the good news of the Kingdom—what the Kingdom is, what it will do, and how we can receive its blessings—is being preached in over 230 lands and in more than 400 languages. Millions of Jehovah’s Witnesses zealously preach the Kingdom good news. They come from "all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues." (Revelation 7:9) The Witnesses conduct free home Bible studies with millions of people who want to know what the Bible really teaches. What an impressive fulfillment of prophecy, especially since Jesus foretold that true Christians would be "objects of hatred by all people"!—Luke 21:17
 

Dor

Bible Thumper
Messages
1,139
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
little town called Dallas, Tx
mee said:
WHERE​
DID JESUS COME FROM?

The Bible teaches that Jesus lived in heaven before he came to earth. Micah prophesied that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem and also said that His origin was "from early times." (Micah 5:2) On many occasions, Jesus himself said that he lived in heaven before being born as a human. (John 3:13; 6:38, 62; 17:4, 5) As a spirit creature in heaven, Jesus had a special relationship with Jehovah. Jesus is Jehovah’s most precious Son—and for good reason. He is called "the firstborn of all creation," for he was God’s first creation. (Colossians 1:15) There is something else that makes this Son special. He is the "only-begotten Son." (John 3:16) This means that Jesus is the only one directly created by God. Jesus is also the only one whom God used when He created all other things. (Colossians 1:16) Then, too, Jesus is called "the Word." (John 1:14) This tells us that he spoke for God, no doubt delivering messages and instructions to the Father’s other sons, both spirit and human.​
Is the firstborn Son equal to God, as some believe? That is not what the Bible teaches. the Son was created. Obviously, then, he had a beginning, whereas Jehovah God has no beginning or end. (Psalm 90:2) The only-begotten Son never even considered trying to be equal to his Father. The Bible clearly teaches that the Father is greater than the Son. (John 14:28; 1 Corinthians 11:3) Jehovah alone is "God Almighty." (Genesis 17:1) Therefore, he has no equal.
Jehovah and his firstborn Son enjoyed close association for billions of years—long before the starry heavens and the earth were created. How they must have loved each other! (John 3:35; 14:31) This dear Son was just like his Father. That is why the Bible refers to the Son as "the image of the invisible God." (Colossians 1:15) Yes, even as a human son may closely resemble his father in various ways, this heavenly Son reflected his Father’s qualities and personality.
Jehovah’s only-begotten Son willingly left heaven and came down to earth to live as a human. But you may wonder, ‘How was it possible for a spirit creature to be born as a human?’ To accomplish this, Jehovah performed a miracle. He transferred the life of his firstborn Son from heaven to the womb of a Jewish virgin named Mary. No human father was involved. Mary thus gave birth to a perfect son and named him Jesus.—Luke 1:30-35.
:(
 

BlaznFattyz

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
0
Points
36
first born and begotten refer to the resurrection of christ who was received back up in glory from death to life as saviour to all those that believe in him and put their faith in him. because of his love and obedience to god he has preeminence in all things. because he kept all of gods commands perfectly, he was exhalted to the right hand of god and sits on the throne of god. it is for this reason that he is god's only begotten and first born. not because he was born on earth or created, but because he was sent as god manifested in the flesh, stayed perfect like god is perfect, and resurrected back to glory as saviour. perfection, saviour, and sitting on the throne are traits only god has.

his existence however, was there before he was born on earth and died on the cross. scripture is clear that both christ and god the father are alpha and omega, both are the beginning and the end, both are i am, both are the Lord God. Both created all things, and know the end of all things. both are life everlasting. eternal, omnipotent, and everlasting are traits that only god has.

because christ came to die for our sins, he took on the role of servant and man. in this aspect, the lord jesus christ's role was different than the fathers while he existed here. however, make no mistake, that when jesus was born on earth, god made it clear for all the angels to worship him. angels do not worship angels, angels worship god. although his role as a sacrificial lamb who emptied himself, and came as a servant, was subordinate to god in heaven, his nature as god was evident in god the fathers proclamation for man and angels to worship the son, jesus' forgiveness of sins, and his ability have the power over death, because jesus is everlasting life. being worshipped is a trait that only God has.

Jesus will come again. He will conquer, he will judge, He will seperate the good from the bad, he will give eternal life to some, and give eternal condemnation to others. He will make things new, and he will keep his promises of old. He will exhalt those who have humbled themselves. Almighty is a trait only God has.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

if you say jesus is not god, then thats alot of rewriting scriptures to justify a misinterpretation.
 

mee

Interfaith Forums
Messages
6,363
Reaction score
0
Points
0
(John 3:16) "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.




(1 John 4:9) By this the love of God was made manifest in our case, because God sent forth his only-begotten Son into the world that we might gain life through him.


John​

1:1—"and the Word was a god (godlike; divine)"

Gr., κα
ι θεοςηνο λόγος (kai the·os´ en ho lo´gos)
(Proverbs 8:30) then I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I came to be the one he was specially fond of day by day, I being glad before him all the time,
(John 1:18) No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom [position] with the Father is the one that has explained him.... ................yes the bible harmonizes throughout , Jesus had a pre-human life in heaven with his father , and he was the only one created by Jehovah alone , every thing else was created through Jesus. yes Jesus was a master worker in the heavens with his father Jehovah . he really is divine like.



(Genesis 1:26) And God went on to say: "Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every moving animal that is moving upon the earth."​




(Genesis 3:22) And Jehovah God went on to say: "Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad, and now in order that he may not put his hand out and actually take [fruit] also from the tree of life and eat and live to time indefinite,—" .............yes he was talking to his first-born son in his pre-human life in the heavens ,with his father Jehovah.



 

BlaznFattyz

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
0
Points
36
just by sending the son, who always existed as the word of god, is part of it. if god created the son, like he created adam and satan, and jesus failed like both failed then the son would have just been another creation gone bad. yet the nature of the son, being fully god in spirit, he did not fail. but being man, he had freewill and choose to do the will of god. because he did not fail in his purpose for coming he is exhalted. he is exhalted because he humbled himself of his divine nature and died on the cross for our sins. he is perfect, good, holy, and righteous. because he is god manifested in the flesh, that means that which is god is god from eternity, not created. and that which was flesh died, yet rose again and was glorified as the firstborn over all. firstborn meaning preeminence, meaning christ has the authority of all things, and there is no other name by which we are saved. he is first in all things; the way, the truth, and the life. he is the begotten son, not that he was born on earth as a son and he died of old age and natural causes teaching here and there, but begotten because he died for our sins, and rose again as saviour to the world.
 

mee

Interfaith Forums
Messages
6,363
Reaction score
0
Points
0
John 1:1, 2 gives the heavenly name of the one who became Jesus, saying: "In the beginning the Word [Gr., Lo´gos] was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god ["was divine," AT; Mo; or "of divine being," Böhmer; Stage (both German)]. This one was in the beginning with God." Since Jehovah is eternal and had no beginning (Ps 90:2; Re 15:3), the Word’s being with God from "the beginning" must here refer to the beginning of Jehovah’s creative works. This is confirmed by other texts identifying Jesus as "the firstborn of all creation," "the beginning of the creation by God." (Col 1:15; Re 1:1; 3:14) Thus the Scriptures identify the Word (Jesus in his prehuman existence) as God’s first creation, his firstborn Son
 

BlaznFattyz

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
0
Points
36
mee said:
John 1:1, 2 gives the heavenly name of the one who became Jesus, saying: "In the beginning the Word [Gr., Lo´gos] was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god ["was divine," AT; Mo; or "of divine being," Böhmer; Stage (both German)]. This one was in the beginning with God." Since Jehovah is eternal and had no beginning (Ps 90:2; Re 15:3), the Word’s being with God from "the beginning" must here refer to the beginning of Jehovah’s creative works. This is confirmed by other texts identifying Jesus as "the firstborn of all creation," "the beginning of the creation by God." (Col 1:15; Re 1:1; 3:14) Thus the Scriptures identify the Word (Jesus in his prehuman existence) as God’s first creation, his firstborn Son
here we see that jesus was glorified with the father before the creation of things:

John 17:5: "And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was."

Here we see the Son is Also God, he is the one who created all things.

Isaiah 40:28, "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."

John 1:3, "Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

Col. 1:16-17, "For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."


Here we see that the Son who is the saviour is also God.

Isaiah 45:21, "...And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me."

1 John 4:14, "And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world."


Here we see that the father and the son are both Alpha and Omega, first and the last, both are one, because both are God.

Isaiah 44:6, "This is what the LORD says -Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God."

Revelation 1:8, "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Revelation 1:17-18, "When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades."

I and the Father are one." Heb. 1:8 God the Father says to the Son ‘your throne O’ God is forever and ever".


So when you realize that Jesus is the Son of God and is God manifested in the flesh who died for our sins and rose again, taken back to glory with God who he was with before all things, you may realize that God does not need to create God, because God always existed, therefore the Son who is God always existed. The son is not born or created, he is the eternal Son of God. The "begotten" is the proclamation of God the father himself declaring the sent and glorified risen Christ, as our Saviour, as having oneness with God, and the only way to God:

Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou [art] my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Heb.1:5 " For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Romans 1:3-4 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
And declared [to be] the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:


 

Abogado del Diablo

Ferally Decent
Messages
745
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Texas
Re: A question to all Christians, anyone can answer though.

mee said:

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work 2 timothy 3;16


Here's something I've always been curious about. In this passage, what is the author referring to when he/she uses the term "Scripture"?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top