the Bible from a Jehovah's Witness perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quahom1 said:
I believe it is time to back off the heat a little here. Ok? Some prefer their Latin Vulgate, some their King James, some their New International, and some their NWT.

What I do understand, is that the four of you believe what you believe, and none has any doubt. But since you can't come to an agreement, and it is beginning to sound like a turf skirmish, you need to agree to disagree, and let it be.

As I believe I once said before, if the "Jesus saves" is the part we all do not question, then we're heading in the right direction.

v/r

Q
yes i agree , and this thread is a Jehovahs witness perspective thread after all. but it seems to me that some do not want JW perspective to be made known , and do try their best to stop it being made known . so getting back to the NWT, which as a JW i feel is a great blessing from Jehovah, and in Daniel 12;4 the time of the end will be a time when abundant true knowledge will be out there . And it is my belief that the NWT is just part of the true knowledge that Jehovah is providing in this time of the end. and that is from a JW perspective.

mee said:
yes i agree , and this thread is a Jehovahs witness perspective thread after all. but it seems to me that some do not want JW perspective to be made known , and do try their best to stop it being made known . so getting back to the NWT, which as a JW i feel is a great blessing from Jehovah, and in Daniel 12;4 the time of the end will be a time when abundant true knowledge will be out there . And it is my belief that the NWT is just part of the true knowledge that Jehovah is providing in this time of the end. and that is from a JW perspective.

JWs are just as guilty of belittling others of their faith, Mee (I am personally aware of that fact). So don't ride so high in the saddle, that you run into a low tree bow...;)

just a thought

v/r

Q

Dor said:
Yep mee go ahead unless you are defending the bible or Jesus you are allowed to do and say anything on here.

The Bible, needs no defense. The perception of Jesus is different for many Christian denominations. All that matters is that Jesus is our Savior and Holy Redeemer. We can not get to the Father, but through His Son. The Son determines who is in the book of Life and who isn't. He is "The Son of God", He is what existence rests on.

The rest is a debate over nuances, and "diddlei dope, who don't believe impossible hope".

Taking offense for issues not addressed against one, is plain wrong...taking offense because one's way of thinking is not accepted (minds not changed), is "hooksbauch" (vain).

To "snipe" is not Christian like. In fact, it causes more damage than any non-Christian could possibly cause. That is why we call hidden shooters "snipers". Pot shots make everyone wince and scramble.

It's called discussion, not dissuasion.

Q

Quahom1 said:
JWs are just as guilty of belittling others of their faith, Mee (I am personally aware of that fact). So don't ride so high in the saddle, that you run into a low tree bow...;)

just a thought

v/r

Q
i know i am thick but i am not sure what you are refering too ?why would i belittle some one of my faith:confused: they are in unity of thought with me,

Dor said:
Are you just bound and determined to run everyone off that actually believes the age old fundamentals of Christianity?
why would i do that ,i am in unity of thought with them. true christianity is alive and active

Dor said:
Are you just bound and determined to run everyone off that actually believes the age old fundamentals of Christianity?

No, are those bound and determined to harm the faith of others in Christianity simply because it does not conform to other versions of faith? Or are those interested in Discussion?

Like my father says, outside of a Court, unless one is a lawyer, one should ask questions one does not already know the answer to. That is how one learns.

This is a place of discussion. One says "I believe this'. Another says, "I believe that". Then the discussion of differences and acceptances can begin. on neutral ground. "you are wrong"...just doesn't work.

my thoughts

v/r

Q

mee said:
i know i am thick but i am not sure what you are refering too ?why would i belittle some one of my faith:confused: they are in unity of thought with me,

Mee, you opened yourself wide for this question. What of the Roman Catholics? What of me?

Quahom1 said:
Mee, you opened yourself wide for this question. What of the Roman Catholics? What of me?
still not sure what you mean ? what of roman catholics? what of me? my thoughts are on what the bible says according to my beliefs as a JW as this is a JW thread.

Quahom1 said:

Q
This is the reason that I learned as a Bible Student, almost ready to make a dedication, that Jehovah's organization encourages it's members to steer clear of Internet Forums (obviously something I haven't been good of in the past as I enjoy reading everyones views).

So, other then a few of the JW brothers and sisters, there's not many here since the Society (I hope to be part of someday) warns of how it can be damaging to one and subject to apostate influence. The topic of our meetings the last few weeks has been murmurings. Philippians 2:14 "Keep doing these things free from murmurings and arguments".

Last edited:
tommy said:
...Jehovah's organization encourages it's members to steer clear of Internet Forums (obviously something I haven't been good of in the past as I enjoy reading everyones views)...the Society...warns of how it can be damaging to one and subject to apostate influence.

Oh, I get it. Sort of like warning a new tea todeler not to hang around those that drink, lest he fall back into that vice. ;)

Makes sense.

Quahom1 said:
Oh, I get it. Sort of like warning a new tea todeler not to hang around those that drink, lest he fall back into that vice. ;)

Makes sense.
Josh seriously, I don't think you know the Witnesses and I don't see them represented "fully" on forums or is forums important to them. I've seen a multitude of Catholics on the forums and other than Mee, and maybe one other, the Witnesses don't hang on forums. It's the truth man...they ain't here. I love going to their meetings and talking into the microphone, sort of a rush.:)

Last edited:
i would agree with tommy that JW do not hang around in apostate sites , and yes Jehovah always protects his people in a spiritual way, so that they can stand firm in the faith, by warning them of those who only have one thought in mind, and that is to take one away from Jehovah , so i do not visit sites set up with one purpose in mind, to only tear down and not to build up, I also realize that apostates put links up on other sites , but as Jehovah says we should be aware , i think it is only those who want to leave Jehovah, that would bother to be interested in those sites , and as Jehovah tells us through the bible and his faithful slave class , if we are keeping busy talking and making known about the kingdom that was set up in 1914 in the heavens , we would be doing the right thing. it is not wrong to use the internet, but Jehovahs slave class is right on the ball by warning us about those who have nothing better to offer .

tommy said:
Josh seriously, I don't think you know the Witnesses and I don't see them represented "fully" on forums or is forums important to them. I've seen a multitude of Catholics on the forums and other than Mee, and maybe one other, the Witnesses don't hang on forums. It's the truth man...they ain't here. I love going to their meetings and talking into the microphone, sort of a rush.:)
the reason that i hang around on religious sites such as this one, is because i love talking and making known about the established heavenly kingdom goverment , that is what i try to focus on ,because it is the fullfilling of bible prophecy that really fires me up, and i really like to help Jehovah and Jesus christ by making it known . and the door to door work as well , of cause. i think many people who visit religious sites have a spiritual need , and they are aware of that spiritual need, so what better place to make known about the established heavenly kingdom. that is what all christians such be focusing on in this time of the end. but as you say Jehovah warns us of the dangers, of chat rooms . he only cares for us , what a great organization JW belong too

sorry about that it posted twice ...... not sure why............ oh its ok it didnt post twice, take no notice .lol

tommy said:
This is the reason that I learned as a Bible Student, almost ready to make a dedication, that Jehovah's organization encourages it's members to steer clear of Internet Forums (obviously something I haven't been good of in the past as I enjoy reading everyones views).

So, other then a few of the JW brothers and sisters, there's not many here since the Society (I hope to be part of someday) warns of how it can be damaging to one and subject to apostate influence. The topic of our meetings the last few weeks has been murmurings. Philippians 2:14 "Keep doing these things free from murmurings and arguments".
yes what a great meeting that was, Jehovahs slave class Feeds us very very well . what a blessing that faithful class is. and it is all from Jehovah and Jesus christ. the link from Jehovahs website, about the sign of christs presence, is also right on the ball , many blessings from Jehovah come through the faithfull ones. matthew 24;45-47 how blessed Jehovahs people are . ....some times i feel like i want to shout it from the roof tops LOL. I think it must be because i appreciate all of the good things that Jehovah gives his people ,we are so well fed in a spiritual way , no starving spiritual ones in Jehovahs house. we are full to the brim.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back