the Bible from a Jehovah's Witness perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
mee said:
i would agree with tommy that JW do not hang around in apostate sites , and yes Jehovah always protects his people in a spiritual way, so that they can stand firm in the faith, by warning them of those who only have one thought in mind, and that is to take one away from Jehovah , so i do not visit sites set up with one purpose in mind, to only tear down and not to build up, I also realize that apostates put links up on other sites , but as Jehovah says we should be aware , i think it is only those who want to leave Jehovah, that would bother to be interested in those sites , and as Jehovah tells us through the bible and his faithful slave class , if we are keeping busy talking and making known about the kingdom that was set up in 1914 in the heavens , we would be doing the right thing. it is not wrong to use the internet, but Jehovahs slave class is right on the ball by warning us about those who have nothing better to offer .

Slave class? Mee, you really are full of surprises lately...

Quahom1 said:
Slave class? Mee, you really are full of surprises lately...
yes that is just what the faithful ones spoken of in matthew 24;45-47 are ,this is a class of people that Jesus is giving great responsibility too ,not just one faithful slave but a class of people, yes the faithful ones are well and truly alive and very active as the bible informs us that it would be . and all of the things that come from this faithful slave class is from Jesus christ , now that is VERY GOOD they are being used by Jehovah and Jesus christ , they are slaves to them, and they are very faithful slaves at that. now that is just the sort of ones that Jesus can use to get the work done that he wants done . faithfulness leads to great blessings . yes bible prophecy always comes true , there is no stopping it . i think it is great to see bible prophecy being fullfilled in this time of the end . the work that Jesus wants done is being done on a global scale , and the faithful slave class have taken the lead in this work.
And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. matthew 24;14 yes the heralding about the established heavenly kingdom is being made known, and the great crowd spoken of in revelation 7;9-10 is joining in with and helping the faithful ones to get the job done, thrilling times indeed. yes , Jesus really does have a SLAVE CLASS working for him as the bible informs us he would . this is no surprise to me ,as the bible informs me that this will be the case in the time of the end. thrilling times indeed

mee said:
yes that is just what the faithful ones spoken of in matthew 24;45-47 are ,this is a class of people that Jesus is giving great responsibility too ,not just one faithful slave but a class of people, yes the faithful ones are well and truly alive and very active as the bible informs us that it would be .

It is a parable...

Quahom1 said:
Of that I have no doubt.
from a JW point of view, i can see that the composite sign of the times mentioned in matthew is certainly here
‘sign of his presence’ (24:3–25:46). On the Mount of Olives, his disciples question him about ‘the sign of his presence and the conclusion of the system of things.’ In answer Jesus points forward to a time of wars, ‘nation against nation and kingdom against kingdom,’ food shortages, earthquakes, an increasing of lawlessness, the earth-wide preaching of "this good news of the kingdom," the appointment of "the faithful and discreet slave . . . over all his belongings," and many other features of the composite sign that is to mark ‘the arrival of the Son of man in his glory to sit down on his glorious throne.’ (24:3, 7, 14, 45-47 25:31) yes i can see the composite sign very clearly indeed.

Do You Know God by Name?
Learn what the Bible says about getting to know God by name. From a JW point of view Gods name Jehovah is an important part of their worship and they use that name often and make it known to others, and they are even known by that name . Jehovahs witnesses

"Ironically, millions who profess faith in the God of the Bible do not use his personal name."

it is not ironic, it is a prejudice statement. this statement seems to make a claim that people do not know the true god because they do not address god as jehovah or their faith means less than anothers who use the name jehovah. however, it is not so. like a child, we call our fathers; daddy, dad, or father. i never use my dad's name out of respect and cultural reasons. whether i use his name or his affectionate title, im still addressing the same person. same with god, whether one uses the more correct name of yahweh, or the affectionate and personal title of god, or father, it is one in the same god, my personal god, who only knows the strength of my faith.

You know, it just dawned on me. JWs WANT the end of days. They want it to happen RIGHT NOW. They have given up, and want God to fix everything. So they sit and wait, instead of getting up and doing something about the condition of man...

And I am curious about the JW contributions to the world at large (as in charity work, giving of time, resources, self), as I do not see any effort (I may be way off base), towards man's betterment in general.

And JWs are not the only group guilty of throwing in the towel, not by a long shot. But most of the "Christian faiths" the JWs belittle, are quite active in their approach to giving to those in need...

So, what have the JWs done for those in need? (I'm not talking about other JWs, but about the rest of the world). Not much from what I read or have seen...

"Ye are known by your fruits..." (para)

Tell me, am I mistaken?

v/r

Q

I see the Witnesses out helping people spiritually on their own time and making a significant contribution of work all voluntarily. I know many who went to New Orleans (several times) to help out on building projects.

What is God's will? What do we pray for to come in the the Lord's prayer? It's not what we have now.

Last edited:
tommy said:
I see the Witnesses out helping people spiritually on their own time and making a significant contribution of work all voluntarily. I know many who went to New Orleans (several times) to help out on building projects.

What is God's will? What do we pray for to come in the the Lord's prayer? It's not what we have now.

Tommy,

I am surprised. You skirted around my question as well. That, I did not expect. A simple yes or no would have sufficed.

But like my father (the lawyer) says, "don't ask a question in court that you don't allready know the answer to..."

JWs have removed themselves from the world...including the needy, whom are considered beneath them. That, my friend is why JWs will never rise in the world as a strong "Christian front". Words are cheap. Actions...are priceless.

I pray you find the path you seek.

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
You know, it just dawned on me. JWs WANT the end of days. They want it to happen RIGHT NOW. They have given up, and want God to fix everything. So they sit and wait, instead of getting up and doing something about the condition of man...

And I am curious about the JW contributions to the world at large (as in charity work, giving of time, resources, self), as I do not see any effort (I may be way off base), towards man's betterment in general.

And JWs are not the only group guilty of throwing in the towel, not by a long shot. But most of the "Christian faiths" the JWs belittle, are quite active in their approach to giving to those in need...

So, what have the JWs done for those in need? (I'm not talking about other JWs, but about the rest of the world). Not much from what I read or have seen...

Tell me, am I mistaken?

v/r

Q
the last days are already here , its not a case of wanting the end days , we are already living in the last days , as 2 timothy 3;1-5 informs us
But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away........................ so its not a case of JW giving up , its a case of JW recognizing where we are in the stream of time, and did not jesus say that his presence in kingdom power would be just as the days of noah were.
Drawing a parallel between then and now, Jesus said: "Just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be."—Matthew 24:37.
Having a clear understanding of the parallel between that time and our day fortifies our conviction that the end of the present world is near.
Noah received the warning of the upcoming catastrophe decades in advance, and he wisely used the time to prepare for survival.
After being given divine warning of things not yet beheld," says the apostle Paul, "[Noah] showed godly fear and constructed an ark for the saving of his household." (Hebrews 11:7) What about us?
many years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914
sincere students of the Bible have learned from the inspired Scriptures that this system is doomed to destruction. just as in noahs day, but not by a litral flood
An integral part of the Kingdom message preached earth wide by Jehovah’s Witnesses is the warning that God’s Kingdom will soon remove human rulership. (Daniel 2:44) This warning is not to be taken lightly. Almighty God always keeps his word. (Isaiah 55:10, 11) He did in Noah’s day, and he will in our day.—2 Peter 3:3-7.
a point of similarity between the present day and the pre-Flood world is seen in the work that Noah was commissioned to do. Noah constructed a huge ark. He was also "a preacher." (2 Peter 2:5) What message did he preach? Noah’s preaching evidently included a call for repentance and a warning of coming destruction. Jesus said that the people of Noah’s day "took no note until the flood came and swept them all away."—Matthew 24:38, 39. so JW dont sit back and wait for things to happen , they are doing the work that Jesus wants done, they are helping people to put themselves on Jehovahs side
When that work is completed to God’s satisfaction, the end is certain to come.—Matthew 24:14. and yes MANY from all nations are being benefited from this life saving work. when Jesus was on the earth he fed people SPIRITUALLY first, and i know for a fact that i have been spiritually fed by JW. so this is what Jesus wants his diciples to be doing in this time of the end
Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things." matthew 28;19-20 yes they are doing just what Jesus instructed them to do. this system of things is on the way out ,but better times are ahead . this is not to say that it is wrong to help in a material way, as you mentioned many help others , but for christians the life saving spiritual work is the command from Jesus
The parallel between Noah’s day and our day does not end with the badness of the people and their destruction. As there were Flood survivors, so there will be those who survive the end of the present system of things. The Flood survivors were meek ones who did not live as the people in general did. They heeded the divine warning and kept separate from the wicked world of that time. yes better times are ahead,

And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more;
And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be.

But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,​
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace psalm 37-10-11

Quahom1 said:

Tell me, am I mistaken?

v/r

Q
most of JW throughout the world, have come out of the world from all nations. they were not born JW . they are learning Gods education about being peaceful people , many were doing things out of harmony with Gods way of doing things, so to be taught by Jehovah means that they become law abiding people, many of the problems in the world are caused by people living out of harmony of Gods ways , and the bible education that JW teach leads to better people , nolonger do they go along with the immoral , bad ways of this system, they are taught Gods ways. yes as you say ...... they are known by their fruits, bible education leads to good fruitage.

BlaznFattyz said:
"Ironically, millions who profess faith in the God of the Bible do not use his personal name."

yes this is very true , yet the bible informs us at psalm 83;18 that he wants his name known , and as his name means ........... he causes to become......... this will happen nothing can stop his purpose from being fullfilled.
And in that day you will certainly say: "Give thanks to Jehovah,you people! Call upon his name. Make known among the peoples his dealings. Make mention that his name is put on high. Make melody to Jehovah, for he has done surpassingly. This is made known in all the earth.Isaiah 12;4-5

it is not ironic, it is a prejudice statement. this statement seems to make a claim that people do not know the true god because they do not address god as jehovah or their faith means less than anothers who use the name jehovah. however, it is not so. like a child, we call our fathers; daddy, dad, or father. i never use my dad's name out of respect and cultural reasons. whether i use his name or his affectionate title, im still addressing the same person. same with god, whether one uses the more correct name of yahweh, or the affectionate and personal title of god, or father, it is one in the same god, my personal god, who only knows the strength of my faith.

christians do know gods various names, to state they do not is ignorant. yahweh being comparable to i am, there are however more names god goes by...

"And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations" (Ex. 3:15).

When Jesus called to God from the cross he said: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Matt. 27:46).

When teaching the disciples to pray, Jesus said, "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed by thy name" (Matt. 6:9).

BlaznFattyz said:

christians do know gods various names, to state they do not is ignorant. yahweh being comparable to i am, there are however more names god goes by...

"And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations" (Ex. 3:15).

When Jesus called to God from the cross he said: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Matt. 27:46).

When teaching the disciples to pray, Jesus said, "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed by thy name" (Matt. 6:9).
yes hallowed be his name .

Jehovah​
Definition:
The personal name of the only true God. His own self-designation. Jehovah is the Creator and, rightfully, the Sovereign Ruler of the universe. "Jehovah" is translated from the Hebrew Tetragrammaton, יהוה, which means "He Causes to Become." These four Hebrew letters are represented in many languages by the letters JHVH or YHWH.

yes hallowed be his name eli eli, yahweh elohim, lord, god, father, etc..

Alright. Please show me 1914, in Daniel. Please, just show me. I really want to see 1914 as Biblical...

Quahom1 said:
Tommy,

I am surprised. You skirted around my question as well. That, I did not expect. A simple yes or no would have sufficed.

But like my father (the lawyer) says, "don't ask a question in court that you don't allready know the answer to..."

JWs have removed themselves from the world...including the needy, whom are considered beneath them. That, my friend is why JWs will never rise in the world as a strong "Christian front". Words are cheap. Actions...are priceless.

I pray you find the path you seek.

v/r

Q
Hey Josh:

OK, the Witnesses won't give some street person five bucks to go get smashed on some bad habit they can help with. But wouldn't you admit that you see them before 6:00 am in a laundry mat or bus stop trying to help someone spiritually.

I don't agree with the statement that they consider the needy beneath them as some of these lower income people have come into the truth and attend fellowship meetings.

I believe what the Witnesses teach about the truth about the Bible (world empire of false religion, new Heaven and new earth). I give to the poor and even send in $20 a month supporting a poor child's food in Central America and she sends me thank you letters and I really don't know what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back