the Bible from a Jehovah's Witness perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
False religion is all the christian cults now that deny Christ his divinity.
false religion takes on manmade doctrines among other things as well , instead of true bible teachings. babylonish teachings mixed with bible teachings is offensive to the true God. many people down through the centuries have been led astray by babylonish teachings
Trinity
Definition: The central doctrine of religions of Christendom. According to the Athanasian Creed, there are three divine Persons (the Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost), each said to be eternal, each said to be almighty, none greater or less than another, each said to be God, and yet together being but one God. Other statements of the dogma emphasize that these three "Persons" are not separate and distinct individuals but are three modes in which the divine essence exists. Thus some Trinitarians emphasize their belief that Jesus Christ is God, or that Jesus and the Holy Ghost are Jehovah. Not a Bible teaching.
What is the origin of the Trinity doctrine?
According to the Nouveau Dictionnaire Universel, "The Platonic trinity, itself merely a rearrangement of older trinities dating back to earlier peoples, appears to be the rational philosophic trinity of attributes that gave birth to the three hypostases or divine persons taught by the Christian churches. . . . This Greek philosopher’s [Plato, fourth century B.C.E.] conception of the divine trinity . . . can be found in all the ancient [pagan] religions."—(Paris, 1865-1870), edited by M. Lachâtre, Vol. 2, p. 1467.
John L. McKenzie, S.J., in his Dictionary of the Bible, says: "The trinity of persons within the unity of nature is defined in terms of ‘person’ and ‘nature’ which are G[ree]k philosophical terms; actually the terms do not appear in the Bible. The trinitarian definitions arose as the result of long controversies in which these terms and others such as ‘essence’ and ‘substance’ were erroneously applied to God by some theologians."—(New York, 1965), p. 899
Many persons think the trinity is a Christian teaching based on God’s Word, the Bible. but it is nothing to do with true bible teaching.

Mee, read the Bible yourself. Get away from the manmade Watchtower doctrine. Pray to God and open your eyes and you will see the truth. I am not about to show you where the Bible proves the Trinity cause you have been shown it before and either refuse to see it or have been so misled that you trust some magazine more than the Bible. Praying for your knowledge to come from God.

...read the Bible yourself. Get away from the manmade Watchtower doctrine. Pray to God and open your eyes and you will see the truth... you have been shown it before and either refuse to see it or have been so misled that you trust some magazine more than the Bible. Praying for your knowledge to come from God.
i agree

Mee, read the Bible yourself. Get away from the manmade Watchtower doctrine. Pray to God and open your eyes and you will see the truth. I am not about to show you where the Bible proves the Trinity cause you have been shown it before and either refuse to see it or have been so misled that you trust some magazine more than the Bible. Praying for your knowledge to come from God.
yes , looking to the bible is the way to go , with no manmade doctrines clouding the thought.
Having seen that there is no Scriptural support for the teaching of the trinity but much Scriptural evidence contradicting it, obviously it is not of divine origin. as many people are aware.
"The recognition of a trinity was universal in all the ancient nations of the world."—The Two Babylons, Hislop.
"The word triad, or trinity, was borrowed from the pagan schools of philosophy and introduced into the theology of Christians of the middle second century by Theophilus, Bishop of Antioch."—Bibliotheque Ecclesiastique, Dupin.
"Trinity is a very marked feature in Hindooism, and is discernible in Persian, Egyptian, Roman, Japanese, Indian and the most ancient Grecian mythologies."—Religious Dictionary, Abbott.
Yes, the trinity finds its origin in the pagan concept of a multiplicity, plurality or pantheon of gods. The law Jehovah God gave to the Jews stated diametrically the opposite: "Jehovah our God is one Jehovah."—Deut. 6:4, AS.

yes , looking to the bible is the way to go , with no manmade doctrines clouding the thought.
Having seen that there is no Scriptural support for the teaching of the trinity but much Scriptural evidence contradicting it, obviously it is not of divine origin. as many people are aware.
"The recognition of a trinity was universal in all the ancient nations of the world."—The Two Babylons, Hislop.
"The word triad, or trinity, was borrowed from the pagan schools of philosophy and introduced into the theology of Christians of the middle second century by Theophilus, Bishop of Antioch."—Bibliotheque Ecclesiastique, Dupin.
"Trinity is a very marked feature in Hindooism, and is discernible in Persian, Egyptian, Roman, Japanese, Indian and the most ancient Grecian mythologies."—Religious Dictionary, Abbott.
Yes, the trinity finds its origin in the pagan concept of a multiplicity, plurality or pantheon of gods. The law Jehovah God gave to the Jews stated diametrically the opposite: "Jehovah our God is one Jehovah."—Deut. 6:4, AS.
lot of quotes from man there Mee. I will continue to pray the Lord frees you from the WT.

actually quite the opposite, the bible is riddled with trinitarian concepts, and in many instances it is blatantly obvious. of course those that have blinders may not see it.

lot of quotes from man there Mee. I will continue to pray the Lord frees you from the WT.
what i like about the watchtower mags is the way that they stick to bible teaching and this inturn leads people to the true bible teachings with out any manmade doctrines such as the trinity ,hellfire.ect ect. for me i can see quite plainly that the class of faithful people spoken of in matthew 24;45-47 is certainly feeding those who want to be feed by Jesus .yes its all happening in the lords day . the great crowd spoken of in revelation 7;9-10 are a well fed crowd ,there is plenty of spiritual food to feed this great crowd in a spiritual way. and it is all bible based good food .yum yum:)
Besides the threat of spiritual starvation, there is another danger we need to be aware of—the type of food that we eat may itself be contaminated. Taking in teachings infected by dangerous demonic ideas can poison us just as easily as can eating physical food that has been tainted with germs or toxins. (Colossians 2:8) It is not always easy to spot poisonous food.
There is certainly no shortage of good spiritual food. As Jesus Christ prophesied, he now has a faithful and discreet slave class that is busy providing "food at the proper time" for anyone who wants it. (Matthew 24:45) yes, i dont need manmade doctrines that are contaminated i take in good healthy spiritual food from the channel that Jesus is using.

...the watchtower mags is the way that they stick to bible teaching and this inturn leads people to the true bible teachings with out any manmade doctrines such as the trinity ,hellfire.ect ect.
actually the trinity is not a manmade doctrine, it is how god has revealed himself thoughout the ages and written down by men through divine inspiration by the spirit.

actually quite the opposite, the bible is riddled with trinitarian concepts, and in many instances it is blatantly obvious. of course those that have blinders may not see it.
with an examination of the Hebrew Scriptures there is no clear teaching of a Trinity in the first 39 books of the Bible that make up the true canon of the inspired Hebrew Scriptures.
WELL, then, do the Christian Greek Scriptures ("New Testament") speak clearly of a Trinity?
neither the 39 books of the Hebrew Scriptures nor the canon of 27 inspired books of the Christian Greek Scriptures provide any clear teaching of the Trinity.
DID the early Christians teach the Trinity?
"Primitive Christianity did not have an explicit doctrine of the Trinity such as was subsequently elaborated in the creeds."—The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology.

"The early Christians, however, did not at first think of applying the [Trinity] idea to their own faith. They paid their devotions to God the Father and to Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and they recognised the . . . Holy Spirit; but there was no thought of these three being an actual Trinity, co-equal and united in One."—The Paganism in Our Christianity.

"At first the Christian faith was not Trinitarian . . . It was not so in the apostolic and sub-apostolic ages, as reflected in the N[ew] T[estament] and other early Christian writings."—Encyclopædia of Religion and Ethics.

"The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century. . . . Among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective."—New Catholic Encyclopedia..... still the bible did foretell that the great apostazy would happen and it sure did , and many are misled by it.
the testimony of the Bible and of history makes clear that the Trinity was unknown throughout Biblical times and for several centuries thereafter.
The Trinity doctrine began its slow development over a period of centuries. The trinitarian ideas of Greek philosophers such as Plato, who lived several centuries before Christ, gradually crept into church teachings.
Before Plato, triads, or trinities, were common in Babylon and Egypt. And the efforts of churchmen to attract unbelievers in the Roman world led to the gradual incorporation of some of those ideas into Christianity. This eventually led to acceptance of the belief that the Son and the holy spirit were equal to the Father
What did the gradual development of the Trinity idea represent? It was part of the falling away from true Christianity that Jesus foretold. (Matthew 13:24-43) yes the bible always comes true.
Some other myths alien to Christianity that also gradually developed were: the inherent immortality of the human soul, purgatory, Limbo, and eternal torment in hellfire.
So, what is the Trinity doctrine? It is actually a pagan doctrine masquerading as a Christian one. It was promoted by Satan to deceive people, to make God confusing and mysterious to them. This results in their also being more willing to accept other false religious ideas and wrong practices. and the call to get out of Babylon the great revelation 18 ;4 is an urgent call because false religion is near its end. yes the bible prophecies always comes true. and i am out of Babylon the great, because i dont want to share with her in her sins.

how can you say you dont use manmade doctrines to understand the bible, yet you quote from so many above and believe in manmade doctrine that is dictated to you by people you don't even know?

the trinity actually comes before christianity, its not a christian concept, it is how god has revealed himself from the beginning.

how can you say you dont use manmade doctrines to understand the bible, yet you quote from so many above and believe in manmade doctrine that is dictated to you by people you don't even know?

the trinity actually comes before christianity, its not a christian concept, it is how god has revealed himself from the beginning.
true ,it is not a christian concept Jesus never taught the trinity ,and God revealed that he is one God not a trinity of three. and we dont need doctrines to understand the bible, the bible says it all.sticking to the bible is the way to go ,we can get everlasting life by taking in knowledge about Jehovah and his son Jesus christ John 17;3 its all in the bible .

true ,it is not a christian concept Jesus never taught the trinity....
that might be true to you, but that is not what i said, i said the trinity predates christianity and christianity does believe this concept as well, and jesus did teach the trinity when he said that he is I am therefore he shares the name I am with the father. also jesus said the father sent him, and he (jesus) will send the spirit, and whatever the father does, the son does. those are just a few examples that they are all God. who do you think raised christ from the cross? if you look at the bible, you will see that god raised jesus, jesus raised himself, and the spirit raised jesus, and when you look at creation you will see that the god created, jesus created, and the spirit created.

What did the gradual development of the Trinity idea represent? It was part of the falling away from true Christianity that Jesus foretold. (Matthew 13:24-43)

Could you please explain? Please focus your explanation around the Trinity. I just don't see the relationship.

that might be true to you, but that is not what i said, i said the trinity predates christianity and christianity does believe this concept as well, and jesus did teach the trinity when he said that he is I am therefore he shares the name I am with the father. also jesus said the father sent him, and he (jesus) will send the spirit, and whatever the father does, the son does. those are just a few examples that they are all God. who do you think raised christ from the cross? if you look at the bible, you will see that god raised jesus, jesus raised himself, and the spirit raised jesus, and when you look at creation you will see that the god created, jesus created, and the spirit created.
yes the trinity crept into the congregations just as Jesus said it would ,
the Trinity fits in with what Jesus and his apostles foretold would follow their time. They said that there would be an apostasy, a deviation, a falling away from true worship until Christ’s return, when true worship would be restored before God’s day of destruction of this system of things.
Regarding that "day," the apostle Paul said: "It will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed." (2 Thessalonians 2:3, 7) Later, he foretold: "When I have gone fierce wolves will invade you and will have no mercy on the flock. Even from your own ranks there will be men coming forward with a travesty of the truth on their lips to induce the disciples to follow them." (Acts 20:29, 30, JB) Other disciples of Jesus also wrote of this apostasy with its ‘lawless’ clergy class.—See, for example, 2 Peter 2:1; 1 John 4:1-3; Jude 3, 4.

Could you please explain? Please focus your explanation around the Trinity. I just don't see the relationship.
the true teachings were contaminated with false teachings
THROUGHOUT the ancient world, as far back as Babylonia, the worship of pagan gods grouped in threes, or triads, was common. That influence was also prevalent in Egypt, Greece, and Rome in the centuries before, during, and after Christ. And after the death of the apostles, such pagan beliefs began to invade Christianity.

yes the trinity crept into the congregations just as Jesus said it would...
i thought you said the bible according to jw's dont have the trinity in it, but then you say that jesus said the trinity would creep into congregations. is that from the bible or did you just make that up like the many other things you talk about?

who do you think raised christ from the cross? if you look at the bible, you will see that god raised jesus, jesus raised himself, and the spirit raised jesus, and when you look at creation you will see that the god created, jesus created, and the spirit created.

I feel a copy and paste coming on... :rolleyes:

the true teachings were contaminated with false teachings
THROUGHOUT the ancient world, as far back as Babylonia, the worship of pagan gods grouped in threes, or triads, was common. That influence was also prevalent in Egypt, Greece, and Rome in the centuries before, during, and after Christ. And after the death of the apostles, such pagan beliefs began to invade Christianity.
So Jesus’ parables also had to be sifted as they were relating to the Pagan beliefs?

i thought you said the bible according to jw's dont have the trinity in it, but then you say that jesus said the trinity would creep into congregations. is that from the bible or did you just make that up like the many other things you talk about?

who do you think raised christ from the cross? if you look at the bible, you will see that god raised jesus, jesus raised himself, and the spirit raised jesus, and when you look at creation you will see that the god created, jesus created, and the spirit created.

I feel a copy and paste coming on... :rolleyes:
bible prophecy always comes true, and has, when the apostles died the false teachings that were around infected the congregations just as foretold. and the trinity is only one part of that infection. and people get to believing the lie, because it comes from so called religious leaders:eek:
apostate Christians of the second century took on the trappings of the pagan Roman religion.
They moved away from their pure Biblical origins and instead clothed themselves with pagan Roman garb and titles and became imbued with Greek philosophy. yes the trinity is not a bible teaching at all .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back