the Bible from a Jehovah's Witness perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Jesus’ parables also had to be sifted as they were relating to the Pagan beliefs?
Jesus illustrations were right on the ball, weeds were sown right in among the wheat but they were allowed to grow togeather and in time the weeds would be gathered up and identified,
Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43
You may be surprised to learn that Jesus expected his congregation to disappear from view and that he would allow such a sad situation to continue for centuries.
"The weeds" were counterfeit Christians who infiltrated the early Christian congregation.
As predicted by Jesus Christ, his genuine disciples were hidden from sight as counterfeit Christians flourished.

Jesus illustrations were right on the ball, weeds were sown right in among the wheat but they were allowed to grow togeather and in time the weeds would be gathered up and identified,
Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43
You may be surprised to learn that Jesus expected his congregation to disappear from view and that he would allow such a sad situation to continue for centuries.
"The weeds" were counterfeit Christians who infiltrated the early Christian congregation.
As predicted by Jesus Christ, his genuine disciples were hidden from sight as counterfeit Christians flourished.
I understand that concept. I suppose I was unclear, I was relating it to the Trinity. Our God is ONE, not three.

...when the apostles died the false teachings that were around infected the congregations just as foretold. and the trinity is only one part of that infection. and people get to believing the lie, because it comes from so called religious leaders:eek:
apostate Christians of the second century took on the trappings of the pagan Roman religion.
They moved away from their pure Biblical origins and instead clothed themselves with pagan Roman garb and titles and became imbued with Greek philosophy. yes the trinity is not a bible teaching at all .
any credible sources for what you are saying :confused: ?

who do you think raised christ from the cross? if you look at the bible, you will see that god raised jesus, jesus raised himself, and the spirit raised jesus, and when you look at creation you will see that the god created, jesus created, and the spirit created ;).

I understand that concept. I suppose I was unclear, I was relating it to the Trinity. Our God is ONE, not three.
mee,
You are so fond of reciting 2 Peter 2:1 “…false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.” Has the thought ever crossed your mind that a false prophet or teacher may have duped you? Do you ever approach the Bible as simply a member of the Christian family and a beloved child of God and forget the cut and paste frenzy of your watchtower wielding fervor that puts you on the defensive end and opposed to most of the rest of the Christian family?

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Have you ever even objectively considered the fact that watchtower writers may be seducers deceiving the hearts of their followers? Such are condemned already, and the wrath of God abides upon them. I really wish you wouldn’t join them.
I wish you grace and peace, pattimax

mee,
You are so fond of reciting 2 Peter 2:1 “…false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.” Has the thought ever crossed your mind that a false prophet or teacher may have duped you? Do you ever approach the Bible as simply a member of the Christian family and a beloved child of God and forget the cut and paste frenzy of your watchtower wielding fervor that puts you on the defensive end and opposed to most of the rest of the Christian family?

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Have you ever even objectively considered the fact that watchtower writers may be seducers deceiving the hearts of their followers? Such are condemned already, and the wrath of God abides upon them. I really wish you wouldn’t join them.
I wish you grace and peace, pattimax
yes the thought that i had been duped did cross my mind , that is why i rejected the trinity teaching as it is not a true bible teaching.its good to know that i belong to a people who are only interested in clean pure worship based on true bible teachings. yes the trinity has duped many many people down through the centuries.and the bible foretold it all. people certainly did get to believing the lie.and it all comes from false religious teachers,again as the bible foretold ,is not the bible a wonderful book of prophecies that always come true.and yes as you say Jesus really is the way and the truth and the life.the end of false religion is near and the call for Gods people to GET OUT OF HER revelation 18;4 is for those who have ears to hear.

...Jesus really is the way and the truth and the life...
having said that, how can you seperate jesus from god. if god is the only way, how is jesus the way also; if god is truth, how is jesus truth also; if god is life, how is jesus life also; if god is salvation, how is jesus salvation also?

who do you think raised christ from the cross? if you look at the bible, you will see that god raised jesus, jesus raised himself, and the spirit raised jesus, and when you look at creation you will see that the god created, jesus created, and the spirit created.

yes the thought that i had been duped did cross my mind , that is why i rejected the trinity teaching as it is not a true bible teaching.its good to know that i belong to a people who are only interested in clean pure worship based on true bible teachings. yes the trinity has duped many many people down through the centuries.and the bible foretold it all. people certainly did get to believing the lie.and it all comes from false religious teachers,again as the bible foretold ,is not the bible a wonderful book of prophecies that always come true.and yes as you say Jesus really is the way and the truth and the life.the end of false religion is near and the call for Gods people to GET OUT OF HER revelation 18;4 is for those who have ears to hear.

Wow. The rest are duped. And you have all the answers. Yet they are contradictory, yet you still have all the answers...

Who is Babylon? What is Babylon? Who told you the Trinity is false?

How do you profess there are two gods (Jesus and Jehovah), when it is explicite that there is one and only one God?

No. Something is not right with this picture...

v/r

Joshua

You are just SO MISLED!
You said:
Deuteronomy 6:4

“Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God, Jehovah is one!

Well scripture interprets scripture.

2 Corinthians 13:14
14The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.

Matthew 28:18-20
18And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

1 Peter 1:2
…elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:
Grace to you and peace be multiplied.

John 20:28-29
And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” – hhhmmm…

Acts 5:3-4
But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? 4While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

As for Revelation 18:4
Who is being beckoned?

having said that, how can you seperate jesus from god. quote]
looking to the bible gives us all the accurate knowledge of God and his son Jesus christ.
That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,​
You alone are the Most High over all the earth..... psalm 83;18
For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. John3;16
because I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent meJohn 6;38
(John 20:31) But these have been written down that YOU may believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God, and that, because of believing, YOU may have life by means of his name

That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,​
You alone are the Most High over all the earth..... psalm 83;18
based on the bible that name that is over all the earth, and above all things is jesus christ and god the father, because jesus and god are one they both share the same attributes..

Wow. The rest are duped. And you have all the answers. Yet they are contradictory, yet you still have all the answers...

Who is Babylon? What is Babylon? Who told you the Trinity is false?

How do you profess there are two gods (Jesus and Jehovah), when it is explicite that there is one and only one God?

No. Something is not right with this picture...

v/r

Joshua
Gods people are always blessed with understanding and insight and its all happening in the last days .taste and see that Jehovah is good.
"As regards those having insight among the people, they will impart understanding to the many."—DANIEL 11:33.
(Daniel 12:9) And he went on to say: "Go, Daniel, because the words are made secret and sealed up until the time of [the] end.
And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant."Daniel 12;4
The ones having insight will shine like the brightness of the expanse; and those who are bringing the many to righteousness, like the stars to time indefinite, even forever."—DANIEL 12:3.we are living in thrilling times indeed.the faithful ones sure have been blessed with spiritual understanding and it is free to anyone who wants to partake of it.
(Proverbs 9:9) Give to a wise person and he will become still wiser. Impart knowledge to someone righteous and he will increase in learning.
(Revelation 22:17) And the spirit and the bride keep on saying: "Come!" And let anyone hearing say: "Come!" And let anyone thirsting come; let anyone that wishes take life’s water free.
(Psalm 107:9) For he has satisfied the dried-out soul; And the hungry soul he has filled with good things.

based on the bible that name that is over all the earth, and above all things is jesus christ and god the father, because jesus and god are one they both share the same attributes..
humans were made in the image of God , we are able to put into practice the attributes of love ,wisdom,justice and power but that does not make us God ,and yes as you say Jesus and his father are one in unity of purpose.

humans were made in the image of God , we are able to put into practice the attributes of love ,wisdom,justice and power but that does not make us God ,and yes as you say Jesus and his father are one in unity of purpose.
yes none of us are perfect like christ is perfect who is the direct image and glory of god.

yes none of us are perfect like christ is perfect who is the direct image and glory of god.
yes he had a good teacher he was taught by Jehovah.
Therefore Jesus said: "When once YOU have lifted up the Son of man, then YOU will know that I am [he], and that I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me I speak these things. John8;28 yes he was taught by Jehovah and he was the son of God , those watching over Jesus when the eartquake happened knew that he was telling the truth because they said in matthew 27;54
Certainly this was God’s Son.................
(Mark 15:39) Now, when the army officer that was standing by with him in view saw he had expired under these circumstances, he said: "Certainly this man was God’s Son."...............yes he did his fathers will right to the end .
because I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me. John 6;38what a faithful son he was.

because I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me. John 6;38what a faithful son he was.
the son of god can only do what god does because they are one. they were one before the word was with god as god manifested in the flesh as jesus christ, they were one when jesus was doing the will of god on earth, and they are one still with jesus sitting on the throne in heaven and the spirit being with us to those that invite jesus christ into their lives and their hearts. by inviting jesus with us, god is with us, because the spirit is with us, its all in the bible if you look and not be quick to give canned responses.

18And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

The "Trinity" revealed in the New Testament...it was just a matter of time. :D

18And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

The "Trinity" revealed in the New Testament...it was just a matter of time. :D
where is the word trinity in the bible i cant find it:confused:

Quick question.... You all have been christians of some sort or another for many years right? Don't you ever get tired or bored of debating the same old topics over, and over, and over again? You can go to ANY christian site, and there is always some baptists JW catholic... or whatever arguing with some other type of christian about the same old things... You all will never agree.. May say in the bible "pride" is a bad thing but you're all filled with pride and will not stand down from your post. But you're all content to waffle on and on at each other even though the opposition cares not, and they will not change their faith like you really care not what they say and will not back down from your faith.

I was only a christian for like 2 years? And there are never any new arguments, (yes arguments... They aren't debates....) Evolution, Trinity, baptism, homosexuality, you know where I am going with this.... ANYWAY

The question then, Do you get tired from arguing with other christians and what -really- makes you continue to go on about the same topics, year in year out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back