Inherited star signs

T

Tao_Equus

I read several places that a significant proportion of people are born sharing the same astrological sign as one of their parents. This is not the case in my own family. IE Dad-cancer Mum-Aquarius, siblings - Leo, Pisces and Gemini.
However my older son is a pisces like me, my younger is a Leo though.
I wonder if people would be so kind as to post their immediate family's zodiacal relationships. Just for curiosity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Inherrited star signs

Are you sure that doesn't have to do with the father acting out the role of the child's sun sign just as the mother acts out the role of the child's moon sign? That's one way to read the signs.

If you're talking about sun signs, I'm a cap. My father's Leo. My mother's aries. My sister's aries. I guess there's another for you.

dauer said:
Are you sure that doesn't have to do with the father acting out the role of the child's sun sign just as the mother acts out the role of the child's moon sign? That's one way to read the signs.

Perhaps - my older son also has virgo moon, his mothers sun sign.

What I mean is, that even though my father isn't a capricorn, he acted out the role of a capricorn in his relationship with me. And even though my mother isn't a gemini, she took on that role in our relationship. But that comes from a psychological understanding of astrology.

If we were to look at all the relationships between all of the planets I'm sure we'd find the percentage of parents with children sharing a sign rise drastically.

Dauer

My mother is a pices, my father is cancer and I am a scorpio ....

my husband is a pices, our daughter is a libra and she married another libra

my grandson is a cancer

of my six brother and sisters - there are 3 libras, 1 capricorn, and 2 sagittaries

after that I have about 70 nieces and nephews, but I won't get into their birth signs ....

me ke aloha pumehana, pohaikawahine

Just thought I would share my background, cause it's kinda interesting.

My parents have totally different signs but my Grandmother is a scorpio just like myself, we were actually born on the same day Nov 7. My sister is 4 years younger than me, born on Oct 14, same day as my Grandfather Librans hehe.

Slightly off track but my mum actually got her divorce papers from my father through on my Brothers b'day, got remarried on my fathers b'day, and had divorce papers for the second marriage come through on my sisters b'day, none of that was actually planned either (my mther isn't to big on planning god bless her ! :))

But it's always been interesting to look at dates and how events coincide with my family :p

tiernfalcon said:
Just thought I would share my background, cause it's kinda interesting.

My parents have totally different signs but my Grandmother is a scorpio just like myself, we were actually born on the same day Nov 7. My sister is 4 years younger than me, born on Oct 14, same day as my Grandfather Librans hehe.

Slightly off track but my mum actually got her divorce papers from my father through on my Brothers b'day, got remarried on my fathers b'day, and had divorce papers for the second marriage come through on my sisters b'day, none of that was actually planned either (my mther isn't to big on planning god bless her ! :))

But it's always been interesting to look at dates and how events coincide with my family :p

interesting .... I and one of my nieces were both born on November 7 .... aloha nui, poh

My dad's Libra.
My mom's Capricorn.
My older brother is Gemini.
I'm Aquarius.
My younger brother is Pisces.
My youngest brother is Saggitarius.

None of us share the same sun sign. I'm not sure about moon signs or rising signs.

[And I hope no one minds that I used my moderator status to edit the thread title to correct a misspelling.]

I'm afraid I can't be of much help as my biological father and I have been estranged since I was little and I don't know his birthday or sun sign. However I am a virgo on the cusp with leo (aug 24th) and my mom is a Sagitarius. My best friend recently dated a guy that shared my birthday and it made me question all I'd ever put into astrology but I still read my horoscope everyday (often from different sources), who knows. I'll certainly be interested to see the results of the survey.

R

I really don't know enough about Astology. But do feel that a lot of what is discussed is not an astronomical improbability, that it is actually astronomically probable.

I remember studying probability and it is something like 50/50 odds that someone has the same birthday if there are 30 people in the room. When we discuss all the nuances regarding signs and there are only 12 of them, and then we have the risings, and fallings, the suns and moons, the synchronicities can add up quite quickly.

I am not in anyway discounting any of it, but I do feel it needs to be referenced to normal probablities and then the differences/anomalies are what are interesting...

Mom and I = Moonchild (Cancer)
Dad and older brother = Saggitarius
Older sister = Virgo (don't know about her biological parents)

I can't keep my nieces and nephews straight (four nephews, two nieces and a grandnephew)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

To reply to your question, I would need more information but both my children are quite different in several ways including their age first of all.
there are different cartristics to be considered though. such as their moon sign, mercury, and saturn and so on. there are 12 different signs to include when questioning birth charts. sun and moon then venus and mars and the other existing planets can all be evaluated closely then check the ascendant which should be different then there traditional sign
I am born a sag so my sign of the sun becomes placed in sag. my ascendant became gemini by finding out the time of birth. my father's moon is in gemini
I was born 6 weeks early so placement of birth changes frequently with this to. My daughter is born a scorpio with a moon in pisces, her grandmother on her father's side was born in the sign of pisces. my daughter's mercury is placed in my sun sign which is sagitarius. my son represents his father more than I and follows my mother's born sign. There are different windows to be considered when studing birth charts as well as family history

Me : Pisces / Partner : Aries

Her Dad : Aries / Her Mum : Pisces

His Dad (partner's grandad) : Pisces / His Mum : Aries

Thomas

Back