Jesus Never Was a Mystery- Jesus Himself Explains – Sigh of Jonah

I reveiwed the views expressed and have found the content leaves room for opinions that lead us to question what we should believe. As for myself as I believe it was for most the teachings of Christ comes to us in spirit, it is true that many teachers come to us in times of need. Was I to quote I would start with 1 Samuel Chap 3 Verse 21 But we are not disscussing where we are taught the truth, more so it seems to disprove the truth. We are but men and the truth we need to know is given us from our lord. Every time I come to that place where I am shown views which leads to doubt or creates a question of his truth I recall 3/16 Second Timothy. If I may let me ask you to turn to that page and read on in Chap 4 verse 4 for it seems to answer the WHAT IF.
Where most hear Jonah and remember he was in the belly of the fish three days there was a under laying message about questioning God's Will and his great mercy. For was it not at that moment when Jonah's soul surrendered that God returned him upon dry land, Here was a man that reached the foundations of the earth and returned. Maybe we should question that it takes three days to travel there and back instead ?
Know them by their fruit LORD and guide them in all truth

*ping* - posting an additional post to get around the odd bug in navigation (I hope)

Perfection, as I have come to understand it, and with references taken from Christian scripture, is what St. Paul referred to in Ephesians 4:13 as: "the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ." This is also the status of "just men made perfect," as referenced in Hebrews 12:23 ... and Christ Himself commanded us to "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect" (Matthew 5:48).

I like this text so much I want to back up a few verses and put it in context.

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Mat 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
What is the nature of God's perfection? He is completely impartial, sending the rain and making the sun shine on both the good and the wicked. That's powerful stuff.

Chris

China Cat Sunflower said:
What is the nature of God's perfection? He is completely impartial, sending the rain and making the sun shine on both the good and the wicked. That's powerful stuff.
Yeah. And if you don't mind my saying so ... it's a hard act to follow! :eek:

Love & Light,

andrew

Back