What Denomination Are You?

AletheiaRivers said:
The Teaching Company has a lecture series on Dante that I keep meaning to order. I think it covers both The Divine Comedy and Inferno.

And :D I deleted the comment about the glacier in my response to Luna cause it seemed a little out of place, what with the inferno and ice lake and all.

Awww, you didn't have to do that!

Jeannot said:
Awww, you didn't have to do that!

It was very strange, cross posting like that. I post my comment to Luna and then see your comment about the ice lake. I KNEW you were talking to me, but I thought "That just looks off." No big deal. I'll have to dig up Yancey's quote later and post it in context.

(This all sounds very mysterious doesn't it?)

AletheiaRivers said:
You are welcome Luna. You can call me AR, or Allie (John does), or Aletheia. No need to type the whole thing out. :D

I like the symbolism of God being a River of Being rather than a Ground of Being.

OK Allie, thank you. :) But I have no idea what you and John are talking about above. I take it you both came over from another forum? Also, I like your new Dory avatar. I can be a lot like Dory at times, and I can also speak whale.

luna

AletheiaRivers said:
It was very strange, cross posting like that. I post my comment to Luna and then see your comment about the ice lake. I KNEW you were talking to me, but I thought "That just looks off." No big deal. I'll have to dig up Yancey's quote later and post it in context.

(This all sounds very mysterious doesn't it?)

Almost forgot. I'd like to encourage you and John and any other new members (and longtime members who have not done so yet) to say hello in the Introductions board. here :)

luna

lunamoth said:
OK Allie, thank you. :) But I have no idea what you and John are talking about above. I take it you both came over from another forum? Also, I like your new Dory avatar. I can be a lot like Dory at times, and I can also speak whale.

luna
Dory is my HERO! And I speak whale too. My husbands tummy is rather fluent as well.

I notice your location is in The Rockies. Mine too. The Mormon side. How about you?

I am one of JEHOVAHS WITNESSES or i try to be :)work in progress.

AND MEE IS VERY HAPPY

Humans who accept Jehovah’s sin-atoning provision through Christ’s ransom sacrifice and who do God’s will are truly comforted and made happy.

Romans 4:6-8

Happy are those hearing the word of God and keeping it!"—Luke 11:28.:)

"Happy is the people whose God is Jehovah!"—Ps. 144:15.

ccs said:
It's curious to me how people are afraid to reveal their denominational affiliation. Why is that?
I don't know, but my current tally...

3 - Generic
-AME[FONT=&quot]
- Anabaptist
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-Anglican
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-Apostolic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-Baptist[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2-Catholic[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Charismatic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-Christian Science
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-Christian Science[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Eastern Orthodox[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 - Episcopal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Evangelical[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Gnostic[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1-Jehovah’s Witness
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-Lutheran[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
-Messianic Judaism[/FONT]
-Methodist
[FONT=&quot]-Mormon
3 - Non-Denominational
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-Pentacostal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Presbytarian[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Quaker[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Religious Science[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Rosicrucian
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-Seventh Day Adventist[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Unitarian Universalist[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 -Unity
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-Other[/FONT]

a student has faith in learning in hopes of removing ignorance from understanding.

Religions are for the student who has finished learning; complacent.

Yet most people need others with material knowledge that exceeds any religious teaching.

So a divide was created that allows one to be for the 'self' and one to be for life.

The key is comprehending which is which and only with integrity can each recognize the truth of the matter;

religions are for the 'self'

and continued learning is for life (to continue).....

Religions are for the complacent willing to remain ignorant!

Constant with the caps and "I AM HAPPY!" lol who are you trying to prove that to? Us, or yourself :|

well people do try to always put negative things over about Jehovahs witnesses

so i like to put some nice positive thoughts over which are based on accurate knowledge :)

Fair enough lol... I am all for accurate knowledge... Of faiths. Like I am no longer a JW, and I will never be one again. But it bugs me to the nines when people try to give people false information about them. That is the only benefit I found from learning with the JW's, I can educate(not that I agree with the beliefs) those which believe/spread inaccurate information about them.

One thing I would consider though mee, you make them come across as robots lol... :p

Back