A Sacred View

For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope." (Ro 15:4)

China Cat Sunflower said:
Huh? O.K., so long as we don't have to accept that which is unreasonable based on someone else's opinion.

Chris
Wouldn't you agree that the concept of "unreasonableness" is a subjective origination of the individual mind?

My point is - everyone in the world could consider something unreasonable and it might not be.

Prober said:
Wouldn't you agree that the concept of "unreasonableness" is a subjective origination of the individual mind?

My point is - everyone in the world could consider something unreasonable and it might not be.

What would you suggest should be a person's criteria for deciding what is unreasonable, or is it all just relative?

Chris

China Cat Sunflower said:
What would you suggest should be a person's criteria for deciding what is unreasonable, or is it all just relative?

Chris

From a secular standpoint, I believe it's all relative and most of the "weird stuff" in the Bible is unreasonable (logically). From a spiritual standpoint, when the logic of something escapes you, you allow the Holy Spirit to lead you to the truth. Faith, then (and trust),creates reasonableness.

I'm open to comments.

Prober said:
From a secular standpoint, I believe it's all relative and most of the "weird stuff" in the Bible is unreasonable (logically). From a spiritual standpoint, when the logic of something escapes you, you allow the Holy Spirit to lead you to the truth. Faith, then (and trust),creates reasonableness.

I'm open to comments.
If it is weird or unreasonable I believe there exists an underlying story. There are parables within parables and metaphor within allegory... for example if I can't replace the word G-d with the word love...and have the sentence still make sense...I look for something else to be the meaning... or wishing to give your two virginal daughters to the mob...there is more there...

wil said:
If it is weird or unreasonable I believe there exists an underlying story. There are parables within parables and metaphor within allegory... for example if I can't replace the word G-d with the word love...and have the sentence still make sense...I look for something else to be the meaning... or wishing to give your two virginal daughters to the mob...there is more there...

I believe that is where God's warning that he who loves other more than God, shall lose both. It is a test. In the lesson offered in the italicized, there were men who would attempt to violate the very messangers of God. Lot, in an attempt to appease the physical desires of men in order to protect the message (or messangers) of God Himself, made a desperate move to do so. However, I believe that God was showing the reticent Lot, that the people of his city were too far gone in their evil nature. Remember, Lot was desperately trying to save his city from the wrath of God, and so debated with Him about the righteousness of even a few men. I believe God, in His infinite wisdom, allowed Lot (through the debate and the townfolk's final insult to the messangers), to see the finally see futility of his efforts to save his city.

God was telling Lot, he needed to choose between God or man...

my thoughts.

v/r

Q

Back