Resignation

And I always thought that "Thumper" was Bambi's rabbit friend. It all just goes to show ya' how wrong a person can be.

flow....:p

"Thumper" is a 243 pound 6 foot 3 inch Chief Bos'ns Mate in the US Coast Guard with a heart of gold and calloused hands the size of hamhocks...:eek:

sara[h]ng;84682 said:
I can sympathize.

I suspect the bible thumpers can say the same of you...and your kind...

Arrogance gets no one anywhere.

Want to do some good? Reach out, otherwise keep your disgust to yourself.

That's prettymuch how life works, even for brainiacs.

Oh, look! I have a brain for science and I believe in Creationsim...figure that one out.

Let me tell you a little story. It is impossible to weld steel to steel in an environment that involves sodium chloride and H2O. Salt water corrupts the envelope where the weldment is taking place, the cooling of the steel by the sea water screws everything up as well, so trying to weld in sea water just doesn't work. It just doesn't happen...right? Guess again.

Anything is possible, under the right conditions. Nothing is impossible. You people think you know everything? You know everything about your fields of expertise, but nothing about the rest of life, it seems. Why do I say that? You keep slamming those who post (or maybe slapping down is a better term), Bible thumping. You hurt people, and you seem to enjoy it. So slick that no one can file a complaint against you, but still people reel from the audacity of your posts.

That really stinks.

Tell me how the Red Sea parted (it is actually feasable). You can't, for all your brilliance, you can't answer that question scientifically. But it can be answered, scientifically.

A 10 knot wind across one of the finger feeds of the lake blowing from East to West between two big stones or hills (or the reverse) would literally part the water and dry the bed within a few hours. The result would be a channel ten feet wide. the lake would literally be parted.

I think, you aught to be quiet, when it comes to Christians. You wouldn't want us dumb ass cross bearers to invade your scientific intellectual space, right? I mean, we might kick your collective butts with our (god forbid) intelligence, and beliefs.

It doesn't pay to be rude. It really hurts everyone involved.

v/r

Joshua

If you have not noticed, allow me to point out that I have never gone into a religion's forum and picked fights, argued, accused, proselytized, or even simply acted superior. In the comparative and secular forums, that's a different story and if someone does not have the will to debate, perhaps they should not post in the comparative? And if someone does not respect science, perhaps they should not be offended when someone gives them a rational answer in the secular forums?

Josh, I respect you for your ability to know both religion and science. I do not consider you to be a 'bible thumper' that this thread refers to. As we both know, religion and irrationality do not go hand in hand. Religion and science are not opposing forces - but so many act as though they are and the unfortunate thing is that this issue is not a harmless one... I have never been one to stand by while someone is run over and if sometimes I have less tact than the Dalai Lama would, who am I that people expect me to be perfect?

I suspect the bible thumpers can say the same of you...and your kind...

Arrogance gets no one anywhere.

Want to do some good? Reach out, otherwise keep your disgust to yourself.

That's prettymuch how life works, even for brainiacs.

Oh, look! I have a brain for science and I believe in Creationsim...figure that one out.

Let me tell you a little story. It is impossible to weld steel to steel in an environment that involves sodium chloride and H2O. Salt water corrupts the envelope where the weldment is taking place, the cooling of the steel by the sea water screws everything up as well, so trying to weld in sea water just doesn't work. It just doesn't happen...right? Guess again.

Anything is possible, under the right conditions. Nothing is impossible. You people think you know everything? You know everything about your fields of expertise, but nothing about the rest of life, it seems. Why do I say that? You keep slamming those who post (or maybe slapping down is a better term), Bible thumping. You hurt people, and you seem to enjoy it. So slick that no one can file a complaint against you, but still people reel from the audacity of your posts.

That really stinks.

Tell me how the Red Sea parted (it is actually feasable). You can't, for all your brilliance, you can't answer that question scientifically. But it can be answered, scientifically.

A 10 knot wind across one of the finger feeds of the lake blowing from East to West between two big stones or hills (or the reverse) would literally part the water and dry the bed within a few hours. The result would be a channel ten feet wide. the lake would literally be parted.

I think, you aught to be quiet, when it comes to Christians. You wouldn't want us dumb ass cross bearers to invade your scientific intellectual space, right? I mean, we might kick your collective butts with our (god forbid) intelligence, and beliefs.

It doesn't pay to be rude. It really hurts everyone involved.

v/r

Joshua

explorer opens two pages at once once

hello im trying to fix a problem which is, whenever i click internet explorer two pages open at once..one is ok but another is a blank page with microsoft internet explorer written at the top and it keeps pushing to the front all the time.. im running internet explorer 7 with xp sp2..any ideas would be very much appreciated..thankyou

Re: explorer opens two pages at once once

hello im trying to fix a problem which is, whenever i click internet explorer two pages open at once..one is ok but another is a blank page with microsoft internet explorer written at the top and it keeps pushing to the front all the time.. im running internet explorer 7 with xp sp2..any ideas would be very much appreciated..thankyou

Get Norton antivirus and run it on your computer...you have a "cookie" in your system that pushes "pop ups". You have spyware onboard that must be removed.

sara[h]ng;84686 said:
If you have not noticed, allow me to point out that I have never gone into a religion's forum and picked fights, argued, accused, proselytized, or even simply acted superior. In the comparative and secular forums, that's a different story and if someone does not have the will to debate, perhaps they should not post in the comparative? And if someone does not respect science, perhaps they should not be offended when someone gives them a rational answer in the secular forums?

Josh, I respect you for your ability to know both religion and science. I do not consider you to be a 'bible thumper' that this thread refers to. As we both know, religion and irrationality do not go hand in hand. Religion and science are not opposing forces - but so many act as though they are and the unfortunate thing is that this issue is not a harmless one... I have never been one to stand by while someone is run over and if sometimes I have less tact than the Dalai Lama would, who am I that people expect me to be perfect?

I'm sorry I lost my composure Sarah. It won't happen again.

v/r

Joshua

Re: explorer opens two pages at once once

Switch to the Mozilla Firefox browser. It's a free download. Or, do what Quahom said.

Chris

Back