Merry Christmas (from your friends in eastern europe)

Thanx bunches!!

Another question, when did it freeze at Jan 7 or has it been there since the dispute?

Stuff like this is facinating...

So New Years for you, you didn't answer that, in reading I see there were various thoughts around the world. Sept 1, Dec 25, Jan 1...

A global warming armegeddon planetary alignment aside.....come 2012 we may all be using the mayan calendar...

Haha its fine, honestly Im just glad Im in a place with people who actually care enough to ask. Being the only Serb in the bible belt has its disadvantages....

Thanx bunches!!

Another question, when did it freeze at Jan 7 or has it been there since the dispute?

Stuff like this is facinating...

So New Years for you, you didn't answer that, in reading I see there were various thoughts around the world. Sept 1, Dec 25, Jan 1...

A global warming armegeddon planetary alignment aside.....come 2012 we may all be using the mayan calendar...

First quesiton: I have no idea...

Second question: January 12 is new year's eve for orthodoxy.

As fars as global warming goes, not much we can do about that now can we? I mean its already here!

First quesiton: I have no idea...

Second question: January 12 is new year's eve for orthodoxy.

As fars as global warming goes, not much we can do about that now can we? I mean its already here!
Wow, now that you've said it, more questions...

Does New Years Eve and Day have religious significance??

ie I could see it would if it coincided with the birth of Jesus as it was at one time...but 5 days later....7 for us....

Now my church has New Years Eve service, a burning bowl. We write letters to G-d...about what we are going to do for the year, how we are planning to improve our lives. My kids write things like I'm gonna quit fighting so much with my sister, I'm gonna do my chores. I write things like, I'm gonna express more gratitude for those who help me grow (THANK YOU ALL) I'm gonna create more order in my life, spend more time in prayer and meditation.... And then six months later, in June the church mails our letters back to us...gives us another six month chance to actually do what we wrote we would!!

Then on small slips of paper we write down things we wanna get rid of in our lives, jealousy, greed, various negative attitudes. And at the end of service....we burn them...off it goes, eliminated symoblically.

We also do a white stone meditation during the service, picking up a white stone, writing a name on it of a biblical person, a desciple, or someone who has traits that we wish to work on for the year...

Much different I must say than the way I spent New Years Eve in the past...however it is out by 9-9:30 pm...plenty of time for bachanalian revelry...but after that I'm usually in the mood to update my daytimer...

Back