Seriously...Who does Jesus think He is?

S

Silas

Once Jesus said:

"Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it" (Mat 10:34-39).

Who do you say Jesus is?

Who do you say Jesus is?
Namaste Silas,

I say Jesus is the Prince of Peace, the Son of G-d and the King of Metaphor!

A Hip Hop rendition

34 If you thought I’d make it a breeze
you’ll find I didn’t come to ease
but to bring you to your knees

35 You gotta shake off the notion
That you can make a potion
Or your honey has the lotion
Cause the answer ain’t in the ocean

36 It’s you that’s causin’ the commotion

37 If you can’t see the forest for the tree
You’ll never be your best
If you refuse to learn to be

38 Be prepared to drop all your bling
Or I don’t owe you a thing

39 Quit chasin the golden ring
And find out what life will truly bring.

Another understanding

34 Don’t for a minute imagine G-d expresses as human to do it all for you, for this path is a challenge.

35 I have come to separate your true self from your intellect, your desires from your emotions, and seemingly rebellious ideas from the old ways.

36 You will find all your troubles are in your head, of your own doing.

37 If your intellectual and emotional ego ties are strong you are actively refusing the grace and glory of spirit and don’t deserve it.

38 If you don’t untie your bonds, pull up the stake, and seek a higher consciousness, you are creating your own hell.

39 If you wish to stay in the material world, you will – forever; but if you choose to grow from it, you will discover you have access to everything.

Namaste Silas,

I say Jesus is the Prince of Peace, the Son of G-d and the King of Metaphor!

A Hip Hop rendition

34 If you thought I’d make it a breeze
you’ll find I didn’t come to ease
but to bring you to your knees

35 You gotta shake off the notion
That you can make a potion
Or your honey has the lotion
Cause the answer ain’t in the ocean

36 It’s you that’s causin’ the commotion

37 If you can’t see the forest for the tree
You’ll never be your best
If you refuse to learn to be

38 Be prepared to drop all your bling
Or I don’t owe you a thing

39 Quit chasin the golden ring
And find out what life will truly bring.

Another understanding

34 Don’t for a minute imagine G-d expresses as human to do it all for you, for this path is a challenge.

35 I have come to separate your true self from your intellect, your desires from your emotions, and seemingly rebellious ideas from the old ways.

36 You will find all your troubles are in your head, of your own doing.

37 If your intellectual and emotional ego ties are strong you are actively refusing the grace and glory of spirit and don’t deserve it.

38 If you don’t untie your bonds, pull up the stake, and seek a higher consciousness, you are creating your own hell.

39 If you wish to stay in the material world, you will – forever; but if you choose to grow from it, you will discover you have access to everything.

Here's a better song.

The Portrait (Da Vinci Code Snapshots)

Verse 1
Was Christ really buried�is there a chance
That He really married Mary and fled over to France
Did they really find His bones with a fine tooth comb
Or did He walk out of His tomb to His throne

Was He God�was He not
Was He alive when they dropped Him in a tomb
Did He swoon�was He moved
Was He removed by delusional dudes that refused to believe in the truth

Were they fools
Were the disciples hallucinating was the truth evaded
�Cause they wanted to boost His ratings

Did the Catholic church from the Vatican
Work at keeping the bag of dirt under the rug
Was he God from above
If He was do you blink, do you shrug, do you hate do you love (2X)

Hook
Christ on the poster
Christ of the culture
Christ on the stain glass
Christ of the future

Christ on the video
Christ on the radio
The Christ of Da Vinci
What does he really know

Christ on award shows
Christ that Lord knows
Christ that�s sure to come back in His war clothes
In which Christ do you believe
You gotta know before you leave

Verse 2
Yes he did arrive, yes He was alive
No�he wasn�t married never had any wives
Yes�He did rise, days after He died
What can I say�yes He is God!

From the womb to the tomb
To His throne nobody in Rome could hold on to His bones
�Cause there were no bones to be held though His bones were beheld

Who would have known
It was Jehov on the DL, providing forgiveness
Our lives are offensive
He died to put you and I in a friendship with himself

Pain is felt
When the glorious gospel is exchanged for wealth
Forget about how the spades were dealt
And think about how you measure up when weighed on the scale

One Lord
One faith I plug
One Lord
One Christ, one judge

Hook

I thought we were working on that specific verse, those are from both written by me...I'd love to hear your interpretation.

I put up the words to the song. Check it out.

Oh dear... not another misguided soul.

You would believe that as an unregenerated sinner. Still, however, I am admonised to warn you of the coming wrath of God. Therefore, it would be wise for you to consider your own goodness by what God says is God, namely, Jesus. All who have broken God's laws (this is what sin is, by the way) is indebted to God's justice. If you repent of your sins and repent of living as if you werent created by God and for God, and trust in Jesus, God will forgive you and change your nature whereby you will love what He loves and hate the sinful things He hates. If not...well, I'm sure you know...probably?

"...And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceedingly fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?"
Matthew 8:28, 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil
I thought we were working on that specific verse, those are from both written by me...I'd love to hear your interpretation.

I put up the words to the song. Check it out.
I read the words of the artist, I listened to the song. Is there some reason you think I didn't. Again I ask for your interpretation, YOUR WORDS, YOUR THOUGHT, not the cut and pastin' or regurgitation. You regularly and repeatedly ask for our thoughts, it would be quite interesting someday to hear yours.

You would believe that as an unregenerated sinner. Still, however, I am admonised to warn you of the coming wrath of God. Therefore, it would be wise for you to consider your own goodness by what God says is God, namely, Jesus. All who have broken God's laws (this is what sin is, by the way) is indebted to God's justice. If you repent of your sins and repent of living as if you werent created by God and for God, and trust in Jesus, God will forgive you and change your nature whereby you will love what He loves and hate the sinful things He hates. If not...well, I'm sure you know...probably?

John 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Do we vary on the definition of the word 'OR'? Maybe one of us differs with God with what doing his will means? I find that John 7:17 is true... do you?

John 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Do we vary on the definition of the word 'OR'? Maybe one of us differs with God with what doing his will means? I find that John 7:17 is true... do you Silas?

Sorry, but what?

... but Jesus did not speak of himself.

Yes He did. He did the will of the Father and spoke in His attority, but He spoke of Himself. Note all of his "I am" statements. "I am the way, the good sheperd, the door," Etc.

Yes He did. He did the will of the Father and spoke in His attority, but He spoke of Himself. Note all of his "I am" statements. "I am the way, the good sheperd, the door," Etc.
Then per John 7:17, according to Jesus, the doctrine you teach, that Jesus taught, is NOT of God.

Then per John 7:17, according to Jesus, the doctrine you teach, that Jesus taught, is NOT of God.

:confused: How did you come to that conclussion? Jesus is simply saying that if anyone desires to do the will of God, they will know if his [Jesus'], teaches are from God or not.

Once Jesus said:

"Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it" (Mat 10:34-39).

Who do you say Jesus is?
the bible tells me that Jesus is Gods only begotten son John 3;16-17 and it is a fact that when a person is a true follower of Jesus it can make even family members act like our enemies, so the way i see it ,is that if a family member told me to not be a follower of Jesus and not to listen to what he taught , then it would be like they were fighting against me , so even though Jesus will bring peace to the earth eventually, because that is what the bible teaches,isaiah 9;6-7 it sometimes makes others angry when we stick to the bible and the teachings of Jesus.

the bible tells me that Jesus is Gods only begotten son John 3;16-17 and it is a fact that when a person is a true follower of Jesus it can make even family members act like our enemies, so the way i see it ,is that if a family member told me to not be a follower of Jesus and not to listen to what he taught , then it would be like they were fighting against me , so even though Jesus will bring peace to the earth eventually, because that is what the bible teaches,isaiah 9;6-7 it sometimes makes others angry when we stick to the bible and the teachings of Jesus.

So when are you going to call out to Jesus to save you? You do know that you cant have the Father unless you have the Son, right? Have you ever prayed to Jesus and asked him to be meciful and save you?

You do know that you cant have the Father unless you have the Son, right?
very true indeed, Gods purpose to bring peaceful and paradise conditions to the earth is all wrapped up in the ransom sacrifice of Jesus christ . and looking to the channel that Jesus is using in this time of the end is the way to go. matthew 24;45-47 i am glad to say i am following the channel that Jesus is directing. and it is very good indeed, because it is the way to everlasting life on a paradise earth . yes knowing who the true God is, and knowing who Jesus is leads to everlasting life John 17;3
What love Jesus showed in giving his life for us! Surely that should be a compelling force in our lives. Gratitude to Jesus for giving his life in our behalf should move us to zealous activity in proclaiming the good news of the salvation provided by Jehovah through his beloved Son. (John 3:16; compare Psalm 96:2.)

Back