Seriously...Who does Jesus think He is?

very true indeed, Gods purpose to bring peaceful and paradise conditions to the earth is all wrapped up in the ransom sacrifice of Jesus christ . and looking to the channel that Jesus is using in this time of the end is the way to go. matthew 24;45-47 i am glad to say i am following the channel that Jesus is directing. and it is very good indeed, because it is the way to everlasting life on a paradise earth . yes knowing who the true God is, and knowing who Jesus is leads to everlasting life John 17;3
What love Jesus showed in giving his life for us! Surely that should be a compelling force in our lives. Gratitude to Jesus for giving his life in our behalf should move us to zealous activity in proclaiming the good news of the salvation provided by Jehovah through his beloved Son. (John 3:16; compare Psalm 96:2.)

So have you called out to Jesus and prayed to him that you may know Him?

So have you called out to Jesus and prayed to him that you may know Him?
As Jehovah said ,
listen to him.
(Luke 9:35) And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: "This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him." .......and this is what Jesus said,
"YOU must pray, then, this way:
"‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.
(Psalm 83:18) That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

(Isaiah 42:8) "I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images..............yes listening to Jesus leads us to the right way to pray .
Then he said to them: "Whenever YOU pray, say, ‘Father, let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. luke 11;2
Jesus said: "When you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father
When on earth Jesus himself prayed frequently to his heavenly Father, and he taught others to do likewise
Jesus did not teach us to pray to him; he gave us this model: "Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified."—Matthew 6:6, 9; 26:39, 42.

As Jehovah said ,
listen to him.
(Luke 9:35) And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: "This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him." .......and this is what Jesus said,
"YOU must pray, then, this way:
"‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.
(Psalm 83:18) That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

(Isaiah 42:8) "I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images..............yes listening to Jesus leads us to the right way to pray .
Then he said to them: "Whenever YOU pray, say, ‘Father, let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. luke 11;2
Jesus said: "When you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father
When on earth Jesus himself prayed frequently to his heavenly Father, and he taught others to do likewise
Jesus did not teach us to pray to him; he gave us this model: "Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified."—Matthew 6:6, 9; 26:39, 42.

I think you have a point there Mee! Satan tempted Jesus once and said to Christ "worship me." Jesus responded, "You shall worship the Lord your God
and him only shall you serve." Is that what you're saying? Do you agree with that?

I think you have a point there Mee! Satan tempted Jesus once and said to Christ "worship me." Jesus responded, "You shall worship the Lord your God
and him only shall you serve." Is that what you're saying? Do you agree with that?
you asked me if i had prayed to Jesus , listening to Jesus is the way to go . and as the bible says , Jehovah is the hearer of prayer.
(Psalm 145:18) Jehovah is near to all those calling upon him, To all those who call upon him in trueness.

you asked me if i had prayed to Jesus , listening to Jesus is the way to go . and as the bible says , Jehovah is the hearer of prayer.
(Psalm 145:18) Jehovah is near to all those calling upon him, To all those who call upon him in trueness.

Like I said: I think you have a point there Mee! Satan tempted Jesus once and said to Christ "worship me." Jesus responded, "You shall worship the Lord your Godand him only shall you serve." Is that what you're saying? Do you agree with that statement?

Like I said: I think you have a point there Mee! Satan tempted Jesus once and said to Christ "worship me." Jesus responded, "You shall worship the Lord your Godand him only shall you serve." Is that what you're saying? Do you agree with that statement?
i always agree with the bible .

Originally Posted by Silas

i always agree with the bible .

Interesting! So in the book of Hebrews, chapt 1, where God the Father tells the angels to worship God the Son [Jesus], you agree that we ought to worship the Christ? Moreover, when God the Father said of Jesus,

"Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom."

you agree that He was addressed by God as God (Psa 45:6)? Please stick to the subject in your answer. Please!

Interesting! So in the book of Hebrews, chapt 1, where God the Father tells the angels to worship God the Son [Jesus], you agree that we ought to worship the Christ? Moreover, when God the Father said of Jesus,

"Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom."

you agree that He was addressed by God as God (Psa 45:6)? Please stick to the subject in your answer. Please!
there is no salvation in anyone else is there? Jesus plays a very big part in the outworking of Jehovah Gods purpose for the earth.
(Acts 4:12) Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved."

(Philippians 2:9) For this very reason also GOD exalted him to a superior
position and kindly gave him the name that is above every [other] name,
(John 14:6) Jesus said to him: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

(1 Timothy 2:5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,................Yes Jesus is the one that Jehovah is using to be the king of His (Jehovahs) heavenly kingdom goverment Daniel 2;44. and Jesus is now a reigning king because Jesus has been given the kingship .daniel 7;13-14 its all happening in these the last days. i have my symbolic palm branch in my hand to welcome this now reigning king , and his father Jehovah God . revelation 7;9-10 yes Gods kingdom will last forever .
God is your throne

(Or, "Your throne is of God; Your throne of God is.")
to time indefinite, even forever;​
The scepter of your kingship is a scepter of uprightness.psalm 45;6
(Hebrews 1:8) But with reference to the Son: "God is your throne forever and ever, and [the] scepter of your
"(Your," ADItVgSyh,p and Ps 45:6; P46אB, "his.")
kingdom is the scepter of uprightness.
(Matthew 28:18) And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: "All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.

(Acts 2:30) Therefore, because he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn to him with an oath that he would seat one from the fruitage of his loins upon his throne,

(Revelation 3:21) To the one that conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, even as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne......................yes Jesus is the one that Jehovah is using , isnt it great that things are now well along in this time of the end , there is no salvation in anyone else but Gods son Jesus christ.

For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting lifeJohn 3;16
For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him. He that exercises faith in him is not to be judged. He that does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God John 3;17-18

there is no salvation in anyone else is there? Jesus plays a very big part in the outworking of Jehovah Gods purpose for the earth.
(Acts 4:12) Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved."

(Philippians 2:9) For this very reason also GOD exalted him to a superior
position and kindly gave him the name that is above every [other] name,
(John 14:6) Jesus said to him: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

(1 Timothy 2:5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,................Yes Jesus is the one that Jehovah is using to be the king of His (Jehovahs) heavenly kingdom goverment Daniel 2;44. and Jesus is now a reigning king because Jesus has been given the kingship .daniel 7;13-14 its all happening in these the last days. i have my symbolic palm branch in my hand to welcome this now reigning king , and his father Jehovah God . revelation 7;9-10 yes Gods kingdom will last forever .
God is your throne

(Or, "Your throne is of God; Your throne of God is.")
to time indefinite, even forever;​
The scepter of your kingship is a scepter of uprightness.psalm 45;6
(Hebrews 1:8) But with reference to the Son: "God is your throne forever and ever, and [the] scepter of your
"(Your," ADItVgSyh,p and Ps 45:6; P46אB, "his.")
kingdom is the scepter of uprightness.
(Matthew 28:18) And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: "All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.

(Acts 2:30) Therefore, because he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn to him with an oath that he would seat one from the fruitage of his loins upon his throne,

(Revelation 3:21) To the one that conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, even as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne......................yes Jesus is the one that Jehovah is using , isnt it great that things are now well along in this time of the end , there is no salvation in anyone else but Gods son Jesus christ.
For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting lifeJohn 3;16
For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him. He that exercises faith in him is not to be judged. He that does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God John 3;17-18

These are my emotions after reading what you said: :D :eek: :confused: Do you even realize when you are wrong? Mee, who is Psa 45:6 talking about? Also, how many Gods (big G's) are there?

These are my emotions after reading what you said: :D :eek: :confused: Do you even realize when you are wrong? Mee, who is Psa 45:6 talking about? Also, how many Gods (big G's) are there?
the whole psalm was prophetic. By studying it we shall gain information as to what God’s anointed king will do for God’s glory and man’s lasting happiness.:)
In Hebrews 1:8, 9 the apostle Paul quotes Psalm 45:6, 7 and applies the words to the Son of God, Jesus Christ

the whole psalm was prophetic. By studying it we shall gain information as to what God’s anointed king will do for God’s glory and man’s lasting happiness.:)
In Hebrews 1:8, 9 the apostle Paul quotes Psalm 45:6, 7 and applies the words to the Son of God, Jesus Christ

So the Father calls Jesus God. Is Jesus another God?

the bible tells me that the father Jehovah God ,calls Jesus his only-begotten son John 3;16 and
"Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: ‘This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.’"—MATTHEW 3:17. yes the bible is quite clear as to who Jesus is .
(2 Peter 1:17) For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when words such as these were borne to him by the magnificent glory: "This is my son, my beloved, whom I myself have approved."................................. if you stick to true bible teaching you cant go far wrong when it comes to knowing who Jesus is .

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,---"

Phil 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Originally Posted by Silas

the bible tells me that the father Jehovah God ,calls Jesus his only-begotten son John 3;16 and
"Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: ‘This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.’"—MATTHEW 3:17. yes the bible is quite clear as to who Jesus is .
(2 Peter 1:17) For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when words such as these were borne to him by the magnificent glory: "This is my son, my beloved, whom I myself have approved."................................. if you stick to true bible teaching you cant go far wrong when it comes to knowing who Jesus is .

Yes, the Father does call Jesus Son. But, that was not the question. Was the Father calling Jesus God in Psa 45:6 and Heb 1:8? If so, is Jesus another God? Please answer.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,---"

Phil 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
yes this is just what the bible teaches ,Jehovah God has highly exalted Jesus ,and given him a name which is above every other name . there is no salvation in any one else.
Since it was Jehovah God who highly exalted his Son, all who refuse to acknowledge Jesus Christ as the immortal King of kings and Lord of lords dishonor the Father. Because of who he is and what he has accomplished, the Son deserves honor and loyal support. (Joh 5:23; 1Ti 6:15, 16; Re 5:11-13)

Yes, the Father does call Jesus Son. But, that was not the question. Was the Father calling Jesus God in Psa 45:6 and Heb 1:8? If so, is Jesus another God? Please answer.
Hebrews​
1:8:

RS​
reads: "Of the Son he says, ‘Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever.’" (KJ, NE, TEV, Dy, JB, NAB have similar renderings.) However, NW reads: "But with reference to the Son: ‘God is your throne forever and ever.’" (AT, Mo, TC, By convey the same idea.)
Which rendering is harmonious with the context? The preceding verses say that God is speaking, not that he is being addressed; and the following verse uses the expression "God, thy God," showing that the one addressed is not the Most High God but is a worshiper of that God. Hebrews 1:8 quotes from Psalm 45:6, which originally was addressed to a human king of Israel. Obviously, the Bible writer of this psalm did not think that this human king was Almighty God. Rather, Psalm 45:6, in RS, reads "Your divine throne." (NE says, "Your throne is like God’s throne." JP [verse 7]: "Thy throne given of God.") Solomon, who was possibly the king originally addressed in Psalm 45, was said to sit "upon Jehovah’s throne." (1 Chron. 29:23, NW) In harmony with the fact that God is the "throne," or Source and Upholder of Christ’s kingship, Daniel 7:13, 14 and Luke 1:32 show that God confers such authority on him.​
Hebrews 1:8, 9 quotes from Psalm 45:6, 7, concerning which the Bible scholar B. F. Westcott states: "The LXX. admits of two renderings: [ho the·os´] can be taken as a vocative in both cases (Thy throne, O God, . . . therefore, O God, Thy God . . . ) or it can be taken as the subject (or the predicate) in the first case (God is Thy throne, or Thy throne is God . . . ), and in apposition to [ho the·os´ sou] in the second case (Therefore God, even Thy God . . . ). . . . It is scarcely possible that [’Elo·him´] in the original can be addressed to the king. The presumption therefore is against the belief that [ho the·os´] is a vocative in the LXX. Thus on the whole it seems best to adopt in the first clause the rendering: God is Thy throne (or, Thy throne is God), that is ‘Thy kingdom is founded upon God, the immovable Rock.’"—The Epistle to the Hebrews (London, 1889), pp. 25, 26.

Hebrews​
1:8:

RS
reads: "Of the Son he says, ‘Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever.’" (KJ, NE, TEV, Dy, JB, NAB have similar renderings.) However, NW reads: "But with reference to the Son: ‘God is your throne forever and ever.’" (AT, Mo, TC, By convey the same idea.)​

Which rendering is harmonious with the context? The preceding verses say that God is speaking, not that he is being addressed; and the following verse uses the expression "God, thy God," showing that the one addressed is not the Most High God but is a worshiper of that God. Hebrews 1:8 quotes from Psalm 45:6, which originally was addressed to a human king of Israel. Obviously, the Bible writer of this psalm did not think that this human king was Almighty God. Rather, Psalm 45:6, in RS, reads "Your divine throne." (NE says, "Your throne is like God’s throne." JP [verse 7]: "Thy throne given of God.") Solomon, who was possibly the king originally addressed in Psalm 45, was said to sit "upon Jehovah’s throne." (1 Chron. 29:23, NW) In harmony with the fact that God is the "throne," or Source and Upholder of Christ’s kingship, Daniel 7:13, 14 and Luke 1:32 show that God confers such authority on him.
Hebrews 1:8, 9 quotes from Psalm 45:6, 7, concerning which the Bible scholar B. F. Westcott states: "The LXX. admits of two renderings: [ho the·os´] can be taken as a vocative in both cases (Thy throne, O God, . . . therefore, O God, Thy God . . . ) or it can be taken as the subject (or the predicate) in the first case (God is Thy throne, or Thy throne is God . . . ), and in apposition to [ho the·os´ sou] in the second case (Therefore God, even Thy God . . . ). . . . It is scarcely possible that [’Elo·him´] in the original can be addressed to the king. The presumption therefore is against the belief that [ho the·os´] is a vocative in the LXX. Thus on the whole it seems best to adopt in the first clause the rendering: God is Thy throne (or, Thy throne is God), that is ‘Thy kingdom is founded upon God, the immovable Rock.’"—The Epistle to the Hebrews (London, 1889), pp. 25, 26.

<admin edit, -jt3, it is not your place to issue warnings here> That said, however, I will leave you with this sidebar. One of the most frightful things about hell is that it is a place of unfailing memory. As a Christian, I myself, even tremble to even think of it!

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the most frightful things about hell is that it is a place of unfailing memory. As a Christian, I myself, even tremble to even think of it!
Namaste Silas,

This Hell you speak of with such authority. "A place of unfailing memory", your biblical source? Hell in general is in question as discussion with Jews leaves differing stories, mostly relating the the burning garbage dumps outside of town...places where one would have to work and forage if one didn't live a righteous life or other similar metaphors...interesting how the interpretations change after a thousand years and by readers of a different belief system...

Namaste Silas,

This Hell you speak of with such authority. "A place of unfailing memory", your biblical source? Hell in general is in question as discussion with Jews leaves differing stories, mostly relating the the burning garbage dumps outside of town...places where one would have to work and forage if one didn't live a righteous life or other similar metaphors...interesting how the interpretations change after a thousand years and by readers of a different belief system...

There are two possibilities here:

1. I can be wrong.
2. I can be right.

If Hell isn't a place where the fierce wrath of Almighty God will execute judgment for all eternity, then what, or rather whom, did Jesus died to save us from? Never mind, don't answer that. Answer this: If hell isn't a place where the fierce wrath of God will be eternally displayed, then where is the justice and power of God? Wait...sorry, don't answer that either. Answer this: If hell isn't a place where God will eternally punish people who have sinned against Him and had the audacity to spurn the great King's kindness and grace, then you will have nothing to worry about.

If hell isn't a place where God will eternally punish people who have sinned against Him and had the audacity to spurn the great King's kindness and grace, then you will have nothing to worry about.
Namaste Silas,

2 funny the old when I die I'd rather find out that I made the wrong choice and it didn't matter than find out I made the right choice and it did matter. That one has always impressed me as a last ditch desperate measure.

but more to the point... high fives all around, no audacity spurning kindness and grace around here....we relish and roll in the lavishness that the One provides...and are truly grateful. There was a time, place and season for a perception of an unforgiving vengeful G-d.... turn, turn, turn...

Back