Seriously...Who does Jesus think He is?

the bible tells me that the father Jehovah God ,calls Jesus his only-begotten son John 3;16
this decree is only regarding his death at the cross either in prophecy, or during, or after it happened. before jesus being born of the holy spirit and of a virgin, he was the word of god with god as god. the only way to save man was for god to become a man, so the word became flesh, and jesus became the sacrificial lamb of god and died for our sins. upon his death on the cross, god gave him up (begotten) so we might find salvation in him. upon being resurrected and glorified jesus is the only begotten son of god and god is his father. and because jesus is lord god and saviour and one with the father, if we accept christ, then we are reborn and renewed and we have become one with god thru christ.

the only way to save man was for god to become a man
Namaste Blazn,

You know I've hear this a thousand times but never read it?

It truly can't be, it is nonsensical. G-d the omnipotent? The only way to save man? Was to come on earth and then be crucified??

You know your statement just opened a whole world for me. G-d doesn't have an only way for anything, and surely there would be another way than this, a thousand other ways. I mean blood sacrifice?? Not the requirement of any all powerful being...this would be the requirement of a bloodthirsty selfish insecure being.

It is incredible that this has been right here all along and I've overlooked it.

To me it proves that Jesus came to show us, physically show us our potential and blaze the path for us, become and example for us to emulate. I so appreciate the contemplation you have inspired.

Namaste Blazn,

I mean blood sacrifice?? Not the requirement of any all powerful being...this would be the requirement of a bloodthirsty selfish insecure being.

Then again an awful lot of religions at the time (inc Judaism) required blood sacrifice-and there were a good few that demanded human sacrifice.

Maybe there's an element of the symbolic going on here- Every other 'god' demands that humans sacrifice for them. Yet the Christian God did it the other way around.

That- at the time- would have been a very powerful and radical idea.

Just a thought

wil

Namaste Silas

Whats "Namaste" mean?

2 funny the old when I die I'd rather find out that I made the wrong choice and it didn't matter than find out I made the right choice and it did matter. That one has always impressed me as a last ditch desperate measure.

You say that because you have no fear of God. God has not been pleased to yet give you grace that you may fear Him. "They shall be My people, and I will be their God; then I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me forever, for the good of them and their children after them. And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me.” (Jeremiah 32:38-40)

but more to the point... high fives all around, no audacity spurning kindness and grace around here....we relish and roll in the lavishness that the One provides...and are truly grateful. There was a time, place and season for a perception of an unforgiving vengeful G-d.... turn, turn, turn...

Without understanding the wrath of God, at least to some degree, you cannot understand God's love. To you, God's love is a small thing (though you will not say so), He gives and blesses, and provides. Yes, he does all those things because He is pleased to. He causes both good and bad to come upon both saved and unsaved people. In fact, I would dare say he causes more unsaved people to be "better off" in this life. Since this is where their heart and treasure is stored up, they will enjoy this life.

Namaste Blazn,

You know I've hear this a thousand times but never read it?

It truly can't be, it is nonsensical. G-d the omnipotent? The only way to save man? Was to come on earth and then be crucified??

You know your statement just opened a whole world for me. G-d doesn't have an only way for anything, and surely there would be another way than this, a thousand other ways. I mean blood sacrifice?? Not the requirement of any all powerful being...this would be the requirement of a bloodthirsty selfish insecure being.

It is incredible that this has been right here all along and I've overlooked it.

To me it proves that Jesus came to show us, physically show us our potential and blaze the path for us, become and example for us to emulate. I so appreciate the contemplation you have inspired.

I have to be honest with you, <edit, -jt3>. It is really scary to me that you cannot understand how a Holy God will not allow sin to go unpunished. Note Proverb 17:15 "He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to the LORD." <edit, -jt3> "It is an abomination to the Lord that wicked people be justified. God's nature demands justice. Sinners deserve His wrath. This is where God's grace comes running in with one word: Christ! In Jesus, God has done two things.

1. God has exonerated His justice by putting forth Jesus to be the propitiation for sin whereby, He can justly execute His justice because He must punish sin.

2. Through Christ, God has justified the ungodly. It is no longer and abomination to do so since Christ paid their fine. The sinner is declared justified by his faith through Christ, who has been displayed as the atoning sacrifice that God's holiness and justice may be seen.

<edit, -jt3>

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two possibilities here:

1. I can be wrong.
2. I can be right.

If Hell isn't a place where the fierce wrath of Almighty God will execute judgment for all eternity, then what, or rather whom, did Jesus died to save us from? Never mind, don't answer that. Answer this: If hell isn't a place where the fierce wrath of God will be eternally displayed, then where is the justice and power of God? Wait...sorry, don't answer that either. Answer this: If hell isn't a place where God will eternally punish people who have sinned against Him and had the audacity to spurn the great King's kindness and grace, then you will have nothing to worry about.
Maybe the 'burning fires' of Hell are metaphorical and describe the shame and dispare of those who-after judgment-fall short or reject God?

Maybe the 'burning fires' of Hell are metaphorical and describe the shame and dispare of those who-after judgment-fall short or reject God?

Have you ever read Beyond Deaths Door by Maurice Rawlings? If you dont believe it from the bible you might from an athiest surgeon that resusicated hundreds of people from death and brought someone back from hell.

Whats "Namaste" mean?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Namasté: A Sanskrit word meaning The Light of God in Me recognizes and honors The Light of God in You and in that recognition is our Oneness.[/FONT][/FONT]​

Have you ever read Beyond Deaths Door by Maurice Rawlings? If you dont believe it from the bible you might from an athiest surgeon that resusicated hundreds of people from death and brought someone back from hell.
I myself have had a 'near death' experiance- my personal opinion is that there is an as yet undiscovered chemical/biological reason for what's seen. The fact that myself and others have been brought back from seemingly being dead tends to prove, in my opinion, we weren't dead. Tricky subject this one... may be worth it's own thread (but were would you put it????)

Kindest Regards, pfw!
Tricky subject this one... may be worth it's own thread (but were would you put it????)
Under Belief and Spirituality is a pretty good place. This has been covered on a couple of threads there in the past. ;)

this decree is only regarding his death at the cross either in prophecy, or during, or after it happened. before jesus being born of the holy spirit and of a virgin, he was the word of god with god as god. the only way to save man was for god to become a man, so the word became flesh, and jesus became the sacrificial lamb of god and died for our sins. upon his death on the cross, god gave him up (begotten) so we might find salvation in him. upon being resurrected and glorified jesus is the only begotten son of god and god is his father. and because jesus is lord god and saviour and one with the father, if we accept christ, then we are reborn and renewed and we have become one with god thru christ.
so what does only-begotten mean , according to the bible it means that Jesus was the only one created by Jehovah alone, every thing else was created through Jesus , yes Jesus was the only -begotten.
The apostle John repeatedly describes the Lord Jesus Christ as the only-begotten Son of God. (Joh 1:14; 3:16, 18; 1Jo 4:9) This is not in reference to his human birth or to him as just the man Jesus. As the Lo´gos, or Word, "this one was in the beginning with God," even "before the world was." (Joh 1:1, 2; 17:5, 24) At that time while in his prehuman state of existence, he is described as the "only-begotten Son" whom his Father sent "into the world."—1Jo 4:9
The Greek word mo·no·ge·nes´ is defined by lexicographers as "single of its kind, only," or "the only member of a kin or kind." (Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, 1889, p. 417; Liddell and Scott’s Greek-English Lexicon, Oxford, 1968, p. 1144) The term is used in describing the relation of both sons and daughters to their parents.
The Scriptures speak of "the only-begotten son" of a widow who lived in the city of Nain, of Jairus’ "only-begotten daughter," and of a man’s "only-begotten" son whom Jesus cured of a demon. (Lu 7:11, 12; 8:41, 42; 9:38) The Greek Septuagint uses mo·no·ge·nes´ when speaking of Jephthah’s daughter, concerning whom it is written: "Now she was absolutely the only child. Besides her he had neither son nor daughter."—Jg 11:34.

any reference to jesus being the begotten son is god's prophetic decree that jesus would die for our sins and resurrect and be the first one who would be glorified in this manner in the presence of the father, everything else that follows in resurrection is thru christ. the only part of jesus that was created was his temporal human body, when the word became flesh by god's spirit and mary. Christ now sits on the throne of god glorified as Lord God and Saviour and the Lamb of God, other than that he always existed as the word of god with god as god.

Only begotten means Unique
very true , Jesus was the only one created by Jehovah alone .everything else that was created was created through Jesus .Jesus was the only one created by Jehovah alone.
"For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through himjohn 3;16-17Jesus was also unique in that he was the only one resurrected by Jehovah , all the resurrections after Jesus resurrection , will be done by Jesus, because he has been given great aurthority . he was the first to be resurrected to immortal life in heaven by Jehovah, and he will be the last because Jesus is the one to resurrect ones to immortal life in heaven(144,000 of them) and he will also resurrect people into a paradise earth at a future time. yes Jesus is the first and the last he is unique in more ways than one .

very true , Jesus was the only one created by Jehovah alone .everything else that was created was created through Jesus .Jesus was the only one created by Jehovah alone.
"For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through himjohn 3;16-17Jesus was also unique in that he was the only one resurrected by Jehovah , all the resurrections after Jesus resurrection , will be done by Jesus, because he has been given great aurthority . he was the first to be resurrected to immortal life in heaven by Jehovah, and he will be the last because Jesus is the one to resurrect ones to immortal life in heaven(144,000 of them) and he will also resurrect people into a paradise earth at a future time. yes Jesus is the first and the last he is unique in more ways than one .
Only "begotten" means the only held...only beholden within the busom of the Father. The only one to ever touch the Father, the only one ever to be one with and of the Father, or part of the Father...one and the same...(lol);)

Only "begotten" means the only held...only beholden within the busom of the Father. The only one to ever touch the Father, the only one ever to be one with and of the Father, or part of the Father...one and the same...(lol);)
yes, only the one in the bosom of the father that was with him in the beginning is the one who could die for our sins, resurrect, be glorified, and became our salvation. that is pretty unique.

yes, only the one in the bosom of the father that was with him in the beginning is the one who could die for our sins, resurrect, be glorified, and became our salvation. that is pretty unique.

You know, I was cogitating on this last night. If I were to cast lots as to whom I would turn to for judgement over me in end days, I'd ask for Jesus to be my judge, and not the Father (Jehovah)...:eek: :eek:

You know, I was cogitating on this last night. If I were to cast lots as to whom I would turn to for judgement over me in end days, I'd ask for Jesus to be my judge, and not the Father (Jehovah)...:eek: :eek:
of course, me too...that is the beauty of it.

No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom [position] with the Father is the one that has explained him. john 1;18 this is a good way to knowing where Jesus is in relation to Jehovah ,to be in a bosom postion is
to occupy a special place of favor with someone.
The expression "bosom position" alludes to one’s reclining in front of another person on the same couch at a meal. it is a good illustration because people would have known that being in the bosom postion meant that they were not the
one at the back, which was considered in the highest position and the one next to him in the second place of honor.
For these reasons John, in describing the very special position of favor enjoyed by Jesus, said that he was in "the bosom position" of his Father Jehovah.

To be in such a bosom position of another at a banquet was indeed to occupy a special place of favor with some one.
they had one of those couches at the last supper i think , the apostle John, whom Jesus dearly loved, "was reclining in front of Jesus’ bosom," and in such a position he "leaned back upon the breast of Jesus" and privately asked him a question at the celebration of the last Passover.—Joh 13:23, 25; 21:20. but when it comes to Jehovah he would have noone behind him because he would have the most priviledged seat .
That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth.psalm 83;18

Back