What Book Have You Read Recently?

Oh sorry. forgot to mention the books I'm reading.

I just ordered
Vegan with a Vengeance by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Integral Spirituality by Ken Wilber
Buddhism for Beginners by Thubten Chodron
Growing Within: Psychology of Inner Development by Sri Aurobindo
Engendering Judaism: An Inclusive Theology and Ethics by Rachel Adler and
The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh

I'm also re-reading Jewish with Feeling with my girlfriend and re-reading The Tao of Pooh on my own. Oh, and I picked up Innerspace by R. Aryeh Kaplan again. I'd picked it up before, found something else I wanted to read, and never gotten back to it.

Dauer

Currently tearing my way through what I believe is Hunter S. Thompson's last book, Kingdom of Fear: Loathsome Secrets of a Star-Crossed Child in the Final Days of the American Century. Lovely reading. :D

Check out my profanity-strewn (you've been warned) musings on it and HST here.

bible_teach.jpg
What Does the Bible Really Teach?
The Bible provides the key to your enjoying a truly satisfying life. It can help you to deal with problems. Would you like to find out what the Bible really teaches.................... then read this book i have just finished reading it, and i really enjoyed reading it . it is published by Jehovahs witnesses.......... this book would interest those who are wanting to know what the bible REALLY teaches .

Michael Crichton's, Lost World. If you want to know the basics of how complex interconnected systems operate in nature and be entertained at the same time, it's good. But he only brushes the surfaces of intricate academic theory and then paints the disaster scenarios with a lurid brush.

Actually, how this sort of knowledge is utilized and applied throughout the world these days is much more subtle and ominous IMHO. But the book is still a good starting point for those interested in expoloring a science that began in the seventies, and that is applied all around us every day now in, at least, urban settings.

flow....;)

I never noticed this thread. Nice..

Recently I read: "The Birth House" which was very very good

"Lullabies for Little Criminals" which was very very good

I am currently reading "Wicked" which is good, too.

I read a book called "Little Beauties" this weekend. It was very intersting, but if I say why it will totally be ruined for you and you won't need to read it.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! ;)

No it is about a girl and a woman with OCD and a religious theme but I can't tell you which one.

I must note that the writing wasn't anything special.

Oh.......

................I'd have bought it if it was about ants..............

s.

Something From The Nightside by Simon R. Green, A Point of Honor by Dorothy J. Heydt and a translation of The Phantom of the Opera by Leroux have been my latest bedside tomes. Next, I'm hoping to read some books with a blatant :kitty: theme.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Now I am reading "Julie and Julia" about a woman who takes a year too cook her way through Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking"

Last edited by a moderator:
Im reading The Land Of No Horizon. They say its true, but I need someone infinately smarter than me to convince me one way or the other. Its on the web too, I think

Im reading The Land Of No Horizon. They say its true, but I need someone infinately smarter than me to convince me one way or the other. Its on the web too, I think

Lol!! Its a Hollow Earth book :p It must be true!! :D

(currently reading 'teach yourself Polish' To nie jest prosty!!).

For a not so gentle plug of my own book:
Sword of the Dajjal is an SF novel set 600 years in the future though today's headlines figure prominently. It asks the question: Suppose all the disgruntled could get up and leave, would that solve our problems in getting along or only postpone things for awhile.

It's an e-book so you get instant gratification and the introduction price is still just a buck.

Review of SWORD OF THE DAJJAL by C. Scott Saylors

Regards,
Scott

For a not so gentle plug of my own book:
Sword of the Dajjal is an SF novel set 600 years in the future though today's headlines figure prominently. It asks the question: Suppose all the disgruntled could get up and leave, would that solve our problems in getting along or only postpone things for awhile.

It's an e-book so you get instant gratification and the introduction price is still just a buck.

Review of SWORD OF THE DAJJAL by C. Scott Saylors

Regards,
Scott

Read the review, (initial thoughts have you read Iain M Banks), and would love to read it. However I refuse to use online credit card transactions. If you email me with where I can send you $ directly I would love to buy tho.

TE

Back