Christianity 101

In this world, some of us are thugs, junkies, bastards, stillborns, invalids, disableds and nobodies. Others are snobbish, stuck-up, arrogant, haughty, self-indulgent, self-absorbed. Then there are the murderers, liars, philanderers, perverts, etc. ...

But in the Kingdom of God . . . there is no difference!!! First and last is the same. God doesn't care who you are, as long as you want to be part of His Grand Story. The Book is still being written . . . maybe just a few more pages. I think I might even know the title -- The Never-Ending Story. Shhhhh. Don't spoil the surprise.

Jesus prayed that we would all be one. God in us and us in God.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are:adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

You should really check the bible.

Anyone who goes and checks the post this started from can see exactly who you are saying you know so much more than.

Sorry Q but maybe you do not know quite as much as you think.
Indeed Dor, as I stated before: "...Consider a room full of Christians. All of one faith, and all agree they are.

Now ask them to express their faith...and this is where the trouble can start.

One believes works are important, another believes the trinity is a flawed concept, another believes the Holy Spirit must manifest itself physically through us. Two argue how the sign of the cross should be made, two more argue whether there ever was a cross to begin with...

What happens here is the faith is lost in the religion. The truth is buried under onion layers of hyperbole, tradition, and personal opinion. The faith may bring us closer to God, but the religious differences can pull us so far away from God that we forget Him.

Jesus didn't "found" Christianity. ;) He was a Jew. He simply stated He was the way. His followers founded the religious variants.

If you look at the four Gospels, you'll notice that they do not target the "heart" of man (for the ways of the heart are deceptive and treacherous). They target the mindset of various groups of men. They appeal to the intellect, and later, soften the "heart".

Even Jesus never first went after the heart of men. He quietly amazed them first. He made them think of possibilities. Then once He had their attention, He challenged and piqued their intellect. All the while their own hearts opened and softened. Then He left it up to them to decide to follow or not.

Finally, Jesus was anything but passive. Had that been so, He would have stayed in one spot and let others come to Him. No, He went everywhere, talked with eveyone. Recruited followers, who in turn went out and recruited others, to this day..."

And as a side note. Anyone who goes and looks at the start of this thread will see that you were invited to "Set Stage" here. That means, to start it off, or lay the foundation as it were, for discussions to begin. Why? Because you are professed to be right at the basic tennants of Christianity, and everyone knows that. No extra trappings (like I might be pressed to include because of my religious background). THAT, was not an insult to you by any stretch of the imagination...quite the contrary.

In short I implied you and FS and such have no bad habits concerning Christian faith...so I thought it would be good for you to start the discussion.

I'm sorry you took it for other than that.

In any event, we shall continue on.

v/r

Joshua

Kindest Regards, all!

I would like to take a moment and return to the start of this thread. Bear in mind this was a golden opportunity to lay out some of the foundational elements of Christianity:
This would be an excellent place to express the basics of Christianity, particularly for those who do not understand it (but think they do).
Now, I personally saw this as a friendly invitation to all Christians to lay out what they believed to be the foundational elements of Christianity...

But no.

In that greatest of mockeries that keeps all non-Christians laughing their asses (that's donkeys for the faint of hearing) off at us collectively. Christianity is peaceful...yeah, right...they can't even keep peace among themselves. How can we expect them to keep peace with anybody else?

Instead, where is the focus on the first sentence in the OP?:
This would be an excellent place to express the basics of Christianity, particularly for those who do not understand it (but think they do).
Those intent on looking for slams and insults are going out of their way to find them even when they don't exist or are totally accidental. Where is the forgiveness Jesus taught? Can't forgive? See you in hell.

A devil like Silas comes in looking to upheave any sense of peace with anti-Christian talk about no forgiveness and being some unworthy piece of menstruation rag and calls it Christian, and I am supposed to make all kinds of accomodation listening to him break the only few rules we ask of everybody in order to keep peace as much as humanly possible, and I'm an agent of Satan for doing so? I think not...

He will abide, or I will pick up where I left off. Same for anybody. :mad:

Now, I will watch this thread closely, since it is for enlightenment of Christianity for those who wish to know about Christianity...
This is Q's thread, he can do with it what he wants. I thought it was a great idea until the devil came in and made a mockery of it. Who is being persecuted here? Who is going into who's house and acting the fool?

Silas, Faithful, Dor, Thomas, et al...I invite you to set stage as it were.
Looks like a pretty ecumenical invite to me...

This is *not* a place to argue the merits of, for or against as the title states 101.
What part of this doesn't anyone understand???

Just the basics and facts as are known (and I suspect the Bible is to be the only basis for presenting the Christian view)
How anyone could see this as some underhanded stab at anyone in the faith is absurd. Yet, it is perfectly alright to agg on a thread devoted to harassing particular members. Oh, it was disguised as a thread about witnessing, but it was really about harassment. True colors finally came shining through, and they were luciferian if ever there were any such colors. :mad:

But I'm supposed to allow that, and allow the moody snips here, and allow every little temper tantrum to have its way. I will not allow that devil in this house!!! Get thee behind me and mine! OUT! IN THE NAME OF YASHUA HA MASHIACH!

We will all play nice, or there is no sense playing at all. There are other places to go pull these stunts. They are not welcome here.

Last edited:
This is crazy.. I have Q picking fistfights with Dor.. I have J23 calling people the devil.. The worst I have done was compliment someone by telling them they are as smart as my daughter.. ok so maybe it was a bit backhanded but it was the truth nonetheless.. Im sitting here on dors pc stalling him because I dont want him to get on here and say something without cooling off.

I think theres dirty fighting being played on here. I think ya'll mods are going to stick together even though its shady business. Im just going to go play Sims2 because they are easier to control..

Silas is my little spirit brother and Im trying to disciple him and ya''ll need to stop getting in my way :) *insert a bit of humor*

Im am of the belief that Silas is walking in the path God wants him to walk because Silas is the servant of God and he belongs to him. I believe anyone that accepts Christ as their savior and Lord is on that same path that belongs soley to God.

However.. I also believe that all authority is given by God and whether he likes it or not.. ya'll have authority over him for a reason..

One sign of a true believer is the submission of authortiy ALL authority in their life.. including THIS particular forum...

What is bother me is what I see as bullying.. where everyone gangs up on him... Please someone tell me besides Dor that they see this as well. I will always be and am totally always for the underdog because thats who I am and thats how God made me.. I think there has been a bit of injustice on here and not just from mods. Thats all Im saying here.

I am personally extending a hand of peace because thats what Im supposd to do and its on my heart.

My apologies to anyone that I hurt or offended at anytime..

Wil
lunamoth
Q

Im serious.

Donna

Im sitting here on dors pc stalling him because I dont want him to get on here and say something without cooling off.

I think I will listen to her and cool off before I make my next post here cause Im 75% sure someone will want to ban me after it but thats fine add my name to list of people yall have got rid of.

Thank you J23, and Faithful, I was hoping to follow this thread w/o feeling sick to my stomach. I think Ephesians 4:26-32 says it best:

26. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27. Neither give place to the devil.
28. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
29. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32. And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

I think I will listen to her and cool off before I make my next post here cause Im 75% sure someone will want to ban me after it but thats fine add my name to list of people yall have got rid of.

then i suggest Pm...and don't act like the others. Somehow I don't see you as a jerk. Fighter, yes. Jerk, no.

Faithful, you should have read what Juan said, instead of trying to get your two cents in first. It was a good read.

v/r

Joshua

sorry James...no one is perfect.:eek:

However, no one has to be told to shut up either...

Even Christians fight/argue/disagree/make up/love.

Just like brothers...eh?

v/r

Joshua

Your not the first one in my life to call me a big mouth.. I doubt you will be the last. I will eat humble pie and yes it tastes nasty but please quit talking to me like that Q. Thanks

This is crazy.. I have Q picking fistfights with Dor.. I have J23 calling people the devil.. The worst I have done was compliment someone by telling them they are as smart as my daughter.. ok so maybe it was a bit backhanded but it was the truth nonetheless.. Im sitting here on dors pc stalling him because I dont want him to get on here and say something without cooling off.

I think theres dirty fighting being played on here. I think ya'll mods are going to stick together even though its shady business. Im just going to go play Sims2 because they are easier to control..

Silas is my little spirit brother and Im trying to disciple him and ya''ll need to stop getting in my way :) *insert a bit of humor*

Im am of the belief that Silas is walking in the path God wants him to walk because Silas is the servant of God and he belongs to him. I believe anyone that accepts Christ as their savior and Lord is on that same path that belongs soley to God.

However.. I also believe that all authority is given by God and whether he likes it or not.. ya'll have authority over him for a reason..

One sign of a true believer is the submission of authortiy ALL authority in their life.. including THIS particular forum...

What is bother me is what I see as bullying.. where everyone gangs up on him... Please someone tell me besides Dor that they see this as well. I will always be and am totally always for the underdog because thats who I am and thats how God made me.. I think there has been a bit of injustice on here and not just from mods. Thats all Im saying here.

I am personally extending a hand of peace because thats what Im supposd to do and its on my heart.

My apologies to anyone that I hurt or offended at anytime..

Wil
lunamoth
Q

Im serious.

Donna

Ah, no. I accepted Dor's challenge. He made it quite clear and I said come on over. You are the culprit, not Dor, not me.

The truth shall set us all free...isn't that right?

v/r

Joshua

Your not the first one in my life to call me a big mouth.. I doubt you will be the last. I will eat humble pie and yes it tastes nasty but please quit talking to me like that Q. Thanks

It hurts don't it.

I'm sure you don't want me to pull every post you've used to put people in their place FS.

Powerful people must be careful with their words...get it?

v/r

Joshua

p.s. me included

Ah, no. I accepted Dor's challenge. He made it quite clear and I said come on over. You are the culprit, not Dor, not me.

The truth shall set us all free...isn't that right?

v/r

Joshua
Q why dont you put up the witnessing to JW thread back up so everyone can see it?????

It hurts don't it.

I'm sure you don't want me to pull every post you've used to put people in their place FS.

Powerful people must be careful with their words...get it?

v/r

Joshua

p.s. me included
Ok Im pulling every post where you attacked Biblical Christians and let everyone see them Q.

Q why dont you put up the witnessing to JW thread back up so everyone can see it?????

Because...it was becoming a free for all Dor! And it was an attack on several of our members. Why don't you attack the Catholics, or the Methodists, or the Mormons, or the Anabaptists? Why go after the JWs?

And why is our Silas getting so bold, to the point of being removed from this discussion board?

This is not a preacher's pulpit, nor a place to proselytize...get that through your head.

***damn.

Joshua

Because...it was becoming a free for all Dor! And it was an attack on several of our members. Why don't you attack the Catholics, or the Methodists, or the Mormons, or the Anabaptists? Why go after the JWs?

And why is our Silas getting so bold, to the point of being removed from this discussion board?

This is not a preacher's pulpit, nor a place to proselytize...get that through your head.

***damn.

Joshua
Damn actually I think you just want to hide your personal attacks. Let everyone see what you said that started this.

***damn.

Joshua

You want the God's honest truth.......

You. Thats why I keep my thoughts about the Roman Catholic organization to myself cause of you cause I actually like you when you are not going crazy.

You....Ive started on Mormans and backed off cause you asked me to. I actually had some respect for you.

But now when someone just talks Jesus, repentance and faith and is called the devil well all gloves are off now.

Back